1. Ecksvie

Ecksvie Member

Opinions on a possible title for my book

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Ecksvie, Jan 6, 2010.

Hey all,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for feedback and opinions on a title I've been playing with for my book, and what connotations, images and impressions it gives you.

My title is this:

Perverted Wisdom

I wont be saying what my story is about yet, since I want to see what impressions people get from the title.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The title should be the very last thing you settle on, after the book is completed and revised. You, the author, have the most intimate knowledge of the book, so only you can choose an optimum title.

Until a publisher expresses interest in your book. The title you choose will jelp sell the book to the publisher, but ultimately, the title is part of the book's marketing. The publisher, therefore, may opt to change the title.

I see nothing inherently bad about your working title. It's succinct, and potentially eye-catching.

If it fits the story well, go with it. If not, something better will probably occur to you before you are ready to send out query letters.

3. writewizard

writewizard Contributing Member

I currently have no sugguestions, but, as you are working, keep a list of possible titles for your book that you like. Have a seperate Word (or whatever file you use) that you come up with for seperate files. I think that title is eye-catching and attractive.

Try, maybe:

Learned Sins
    (Like I said, I don't know anything, so...)

I'd almost provide a 1-2 description so we have some idea and are inspired.

4. Ecksvie

Ecksvie Member

I will post what my story is about, but I first want to get an idea of what people think without any prior knowledge. Although I dont expect and may not even try to get published with this book, I always try to think as though I would and with this I want to see what people think of the title as though they'd just seen it on a shelf.