Opinions + Suggestions for Story Enemies

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Black Ashes, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Black Ashes

Black Ashes New Member

Thanks for the help, guys. Now I need the main Human Government name before I can begin "drafting". When Earth was destroyed by WW3, people left on colonization ships Warpspace engines; one of the first colony's was Risea (the main setting of the book). After about 45 colonies were founded, one of the first-founded planets tried to establish a new government to unify the colonies, they began setting up communications between them while their armed forces (a combined remnant of the strongest armies on Earth) to physically establish the relays on other planets and bringing a new government. That was 300 years prior to the events of the book.

So, what should the main Human Government's name? I want to be as original as possible.

2. ScreamsfromtheCrematory

ScreamsfromtheCrematory New Member

Inter-Planetary Remnant Front?
    United Terran Colonies?
    Pan-Planetary Alliance?
    Human Unity Front?

3. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

the Pax alliance?
    maybe something confederacy or federation, thats the goverment system i am getting an impresion of in your discriptioin

4. Black Ashes

Black Ashes New Member

I thought of a new enemy today, guys... I call it the Hazgon Stormer! Think of a transformer, who alternates between bike mode, biped mode, and hybrid mode. Used to pursue and destroy human land-vehicles, the Stormer also functions as a heavy hit-and-run attacker on less mobile targets! In bike mode, they can fire two 4-barreled vehicle lock-on rocket launchers and a smaller version of a Hazgon Gunship chaingun.

The chaingun is prism-shaped with two cooling ports that run along the length of the chaingun (which allows virtually unhampered firing), with three barrels on each point of the triangle.

5. ScreamsfromtheCrematory

ScreamsfromtheCrematory New Member

Oh man, the amount of great chase scenes you can do with that. I'll just leave that to your imagination now.

6. Black Ashes

Black Ashes New Member

Elite Hazgon

I can't believe I haven't mentioned the Elite Hazgon yet! You can consider even a Hazgon Drone "sentient" but they only know in their fields of expertise (in this case, diagnostics, calculating, etc.) beyond that, most Hazgon don't know anything. For example, Hazgon Troopers can think and come up with original ideas, but only if it has to do with its set programming which is combat. Those who prove themselves worthy are upgraded to an Elite chassis.

The Hazgon have no form of Leadership bar the Master Program, leader of the entire Hazgon race. The Master Program (I'll call him Mod for now) spends most of his time plugged into the Hazgon Siege Network (battle-net really, but no one attacks the Hazgon and lives); from there, the Mod leads and guides the race through his Will, while Hazgon retain their sentience... imagine if we all had the same Jiminy Cricket on our shoulder!

Given that, there are no lieutenants or officers, eliminating the possibly of execution (since no one knows where the Mod is). Elite Hazgon just have stronger physical shell to match their intelligence; Elite Hazgon are looked up to, but are not leaders. Not every Hazgon is upgrade since that's like giving every idiot who joins the Army a RPG. Elites are bigger, stronger and smarter than others, all by their fruition.

For example, a Elite Stormer would be upgraded to look like the Tumbler from Batman in Speed Mode, have more weapons, be bigger, and smarter than normal three wheeled, bike-looking Stormers.

7. Black Ashes

Black Ashes New Member

Thought of a new Hazgon... not sure what to call it, but it'd be more feminine-built than most Hazgon; being slimmer and more intelligent.