1. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Blog Spamming

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Trilby, Jul 9, 2011.

Would it be possible to make it impossible for someone to post more than one blog at a time.

I ask this because spammers seem to post one blog after another.

There's 3 blogs up at the moment by the same poster.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Those blogs aren't spam. I agree that blog-flooding is a problem, and if someone is being really incosiderate, they do get their wrist slapped.

Still, sometimes members will legitimately post two blogs on distinct topics during a single login session.

The Recent Blogs window should not list links to blogs which are private, soft-deleted, or in a draft state (Daniel take note). One of the three blogs listed for that new user is not viewable, and that is a frequent occurrence.

I am giving this its own thread.

3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

8 blogs in 3 hours (5 of those posted in a span of 1 1/2 hours) is enough to push us all over the edge I would think. How the heck would anyone else have a notification up for theirs if they were inclined to post one. They may very well not be spam, but they are most certainly inconsiderate. Use the EDIT button!