Organization Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Daniel, Dec 2, 2007.

1. TheOnly13

TheOnly13 New Member

I liked it when the two were seperate. Saves from having to click on three seperate forums to look at lyrics. Lyrics are hidden so far away now. Lol.

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I wouldn't mind the ads if they weren't in the middle of the topics posts. I go scrolling down the list of posts and every two or three theres an add between what people say. That's my only problem with the ads.

Personally if I wasn't in college with all my money tied up in paying for it I'd be a supproter but sadly its money I don't have... yet.

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

You'd be surprised how common it is. I participate on several forums, some rather large, all of which have ads between posts. If the ads had been their since we started everyone would be used to them.

At this point, it is. I'm open to alternatives, but I just don't see any.

Member subscriptions/donates have been in place for months, but up till now we've only had three members do it. The banner at the top of the page brings in very little. Up till now we've been earning less than a quarter for every 1000 times the ad is displayed; this has been enough to cover the hosting fees for the site. However, we will be moving to a VPS which will cost much more. The only way I can afford to do that is to increase the ads displayed.

4. Etan Isar

Etan Isar Contributor Contributor

Ha! This is nothing. I've been on plenty of forums where there's an ad between every two posts.:p So far, there's only about one a page here that I've notice.:eek: I'm not really sure why people are getting so worked up.:confused: You don't want to deal with adds, become a supporting member.:cool:

1 person likes this.