1. PencilJockey

PencilJockey Senior Member

Other Writing Forums

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PencilJockey, Nov 24, 2006.

I know that a lot of you are on more than one writing forum. How many of you are on writing.com? Am I the only one that finds that place extremely confusing and hard to get around? I've been on the internet since 1994 so I'm no novice by any means but that website makes me anxious! If anyone has any tips or suggestions on getting around that website in a smoother fashion please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Mr Steve

Mr Steve New Member

Yes, I agree about that site, it is very confusing. It took me a long time to find a decent forum (this one). I wonder why that is? :\

3. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

I'm a mamber of that site as well under the same handle, but I doubt I'll be bothering with it any time soon. Part of the reason why any site is successful is usually ease of use. That place is confusing. I'll keep the account for now though. It might be useful to me sometime.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

if you mean writingforums.com, it's gone downhill, since a lot of new [and quite young] mods and admin folks were added to the mix...

they made changes that made no sense to me [and a lot of other oldtimers there] and posting has fallen off greatly, as a result... which is why i added this site to my daily monitoring chores...

i don't find it hard to navigate, but i do find the arrangement and choice of sections a muddle...

5. M.Kirk

M.Kirk Member

Wait, you're the mammamaia from writingforums.com? I remember you, haha.

I was at wf.com for about 3 weeks, and then I just stopped going. It was too crowded for my taste.

I had been going to a site called drytear.net for a little while. I liked it alot, people were nice and it was really active (but not crowded). I don't know what happened but I stopped going there too.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

hail fellow, well met, mk!...yup, i'm one and the same... so, what's with the 'haha'?... did you find me that funny over there? [few do, y'know! ;-) ]

hugs, m

7. Chamenas

Chamenas Senior Member

I don't know, it's hard to say because I've never found it confusing, quite the contrary, of all the sites I visit it is probaly the easiest to navigate, but perhaps that is just me. I would put these two on equal level for navigation, WF is bigger and thus more "crowded" but the sections I deal with don't tend to have that problem. Though they seem to be even less popular in this one. :D

8. Felony

Felony Contributing Member

I was a member of that site afore i came here. It was extremely hard to get around I hated it.

9. ariella

ariella Contributing Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    I visited there just the once after joining here, just alot easier to find my way around here. Maybe I'm just being lazy though.

10. Lewbear

Lewbear Senior Member

I was a member of that site, but I wasn't too enamoured with it. What I noticed was alot of members who missed out on feedback because so many pieces were being posted at once. This site seems to have quality over quantity from the work I've read....

11. Kat

Kat Member

I think I signed up once at writing.com and couldn't figure out how to log on so gave up. A few months later I got an email saying they were deleting my account due to inactivity. Which was because I couldn't figure out how to log on!

I'm a member of a few other sites but don't have the time these days to leave many comments.

12. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I've been a member for a while on the forums at http://www.teenink.com/talk. It's a magazine compiled of writing by teens. I joined when I was sixteen, but the forum has really died since then. I'm also getting too old to post there anymore (although, in my defense, there are quite a few regular members who are my age). The only new people are either total idiots, or spammers. So I'm sure the place could use some new blood. ::hint hint to some of the younger members here::

13. Spherical Time

Spherical Time Contributing Member

I'm a member of several sites. This is the one that I primarily like for writing.

14. Sf Gr3y

Sf Gr3y Member

Ohh mates.

www.z8.invisionfree.com/Safehaven

This is mine. =)

You all need to le join. It's important you do, we need members. I ask just one thing. For your name, use proper grammar, and put Wf in front, with a space.

Example. I come from forums called the Story Forums, on Runescape. I don't play the game, but I use the forums. Therefore, I am Sf Gr3y. This is to keep things sorted out.

It's the same kind of thing, just a group of writers, with a bi-weekly competition and all. =)

Join if ye'd like.