Our City Under Cloudless Skies Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Windreda, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

@Windreda fixing my CS now, ill send it to you soon.

2. Macaberz

Name: Max Levid.

Side: Strong free thinking tendencies, but has no ties to the rebels (yet).

Appearance: Max has a narrow, rectangular face. His head is covered in short, black hair and two strong eyebrows frown down upon the world. His angular cheekbones almost pop through his skin, and whenever he curls his thin lips into a smile, dimples show on his cheeks. At 5”8, and average weight, Max isn't the tallest or the strongest. What he lacks in muscularity, he makes up for with quick thinking. His green eyes always spot several solutions to a problem, a skill which he has kept painstakingly secret.

Clan: None.

Personality: Max's strongest points are his quick wit, his ability to approach problems from several angles, and his way with words. More often than not he manages to say the right thing at the right time to persuade, deceive and even lie with great conviction. Max doesn't handle critique very well and has issues regarding authority. Whilst he is smart enough to not go directly against the government or it's teachings, he hasn't got an entirely clean sheet either. With his mind often fluttering away in government-endorsed classes, he scores very low on tests and has received a final warning to improve his behaviour, or he will be subjected to medication.

History: Max was born to Frank Levid and Juliet Clark. From the moment he could walk, Max was subjected to constant, government-endorsed indoctrination. Frank and Juliet are both firm believers that what the government is doing is right. Their house is filled with glorifying posters, texts in support of the government, books on the government's system and why it is so effective, etcetera. Their financial contribution to some of the state's programs has earned them a few powerful friends.

From age 9, Max attended extra classes that taught him how to separate good art from bad art, allowed books from forbidden ones and how to be a good, obedient citizen overall. For a long time, it seemed to have the desired effect. Max was getting good grades, condemned all those who went against the ruling order verbally, and overall made his parents proud.

One day however, he went to the house of his friend Evan. He saw Evan's father rummage through an old box full of forbidden books, cd's and other materials. Evan begged him not to tell anyone, but Max peached on his friend anyway. First Evan's family was moved, then Evan was pulled out of class and put into a more strict, more supervised school. Worst of all, Evan's father was imprisoned and no communications were received from him.

With his best friend hating every inch of him, Max began to investigate his own beliefs. To his horror, he soon found out that the logic used by his parents and teachers was flawed. Like any child, he began to desire that which he could not have, that what he was forbidden to possess.

Doubt began to gnaw at his mind, his grades dropped, his parents put him in all sorts of extra classes to fix their failing son, but to no avail. Driven by his desire to explore the vast array of forbidden arts, he began to read the Haven Nightly Journal. Soon, the written word changed his mind. He didn't dare to go against his parent's however and now has to life a double life, in constant fear of being discovered. His desire to get more involved with the free thinkers is great, but he simply doesn't know anyone on the inside, nor does he trust anyone with his secret. The only indication that something is off about him is the lack of interest he displays in school. At day he dreams of changing his parent's minds, and those of their friends. But whenever he returns home, the courage to speak about it is sucked out of him.

Tara likes this.
  3. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Hoh? I see what you did there ;)

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

@Macaberz ACK!!!!! I DID NOT LOOK AT YOUR CHAR SHEET WHAT HAPPENED!? :eek: *faints*

Character Sheet

Name: Honor "Hana" Keltsi

Side: None (Yet)

Appearance: [​IMG]

Clan/Organization: None

Brief Biography/Personality: Born and raised just like any other girl in Haven, Honor doesn't stand out much and has always worked hard to be a good student. She doesn't really understand the outside world and the conflicts going on in the city other than wild rumors, and does not give anyone else reason to believe that she knows anything more than that.

But she has a secret. During her free time in classes and at home, Honor doodles and creates fictional characters -two of which are her favorite, named "Gan" and "Gin". They are twins, a boy and a girl, and both look like perfectly normal humans except for several small details that only a trained eye can catch. Slightly pointed ears, slitted pupils, the hint of a fang poking out from beneath their upper lips; all of which point to Honor's creation of beings known as G.A.I.A. Honor is extremely protective and secretive with her works, and destroys almost all of them every night except for a select few that she hides in her room in a small compartment that can be found underneath one of the boards in the floor. Those drawings in particular seem to hold an awesome power over her, and have become more and more frequent, but each more and more unique.

Last time, Gan and Gin were depicted as two black dragons with blue and purple glyphs running all along their bodies.

Other: Honor is never found without a sharpened pencil and a small book full of blank pages to draw on when no one is looking.
    ___

5. Keitsumah

I figured it out.

we think alike.

and we all know where this goes....

*lightbulb* or maybe not...

6. Macaberz

I frankly don't :p what did I do?

??? What did I miss?

7. Keitsumah

our chars are similar -and their ages are according as if we had planned it which we didn't....

just read the char sheet...

8. Macaberz

I am not that surprised really, we've been in so many games together...this was bound to happen sometime ;)

9. Keitsumah

ikkkkkk but still! freaky!

wonder how their personalities will intermix -Honor isn't exactly the type that likes to stand out and i feel that Max could care less.

(and here comes the idea...) what if Max's parents suggest Honor tutor him? then he could mistakenly find her drawings and that would lead to a whole plethora of interesting things to do.

10. lixAxil

@Macaberz: No big deal, I think I can visualize your plan with your character xD. Well I may be wrong. Yet I had a hunch ;)

11. Macaberz

Funny, I was just telling @Windreda that I don't really plan what I want to do with my characters. What's even better though, you just gave me an idea. :)

I am not sure why they'd want Honor to tutor him unless she's very vocal about her (supposed) allegiance to the govt. But yea, you're right Max was practically raised to be vocal and to evangelize government dogma. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Honor, or any other school-aged characters for that matter, would consider him to be quite an extremist in terms of his (fake) loyalty to the govt dogma.

12. lixAxil

<GOOD>

Macaberz likes this.
  13. lixAxil

@Keithsumah: Girl reminds me of Aozaki Aoko xD.

14. Keitsumah

lol

15. Macaberz

zomfg. spam.

16. Keitsumah

???

oh and Mac, i just lol'd when i read your CS again. Max's "way with words" wont's work on Honor.

17. Macaberz

I was just poking fun at the brevity thing ('good', 'lol') that you and Asune had got going. But nvm ;)

18. Keitsumah

ohhhh

19. lixAxil

Waiting to get approved before posting my character EWJ

20. Keitsumah

ACK! Asune i scared myself lookee what i did and now i plan on putting this in my final portfolio....>.< (getting ready to visit a college) omg how did that happen?

Gale and Hurricane by Keitsumah on deviantART

and im working on two others....my muse is taking over....

21. Tara

Tara Senior Member

I like that drawing and I like your deviantART account. I'm gonna follow/watch/whatever it's called your account :D

Keitsumah likes this.
  22. Luke Andrew

Luke Andrew Member

Hey everyone, sent my character sheet to the GM to look over before I post it here for you guys to see. This will be my first literary roleplay, I hope to learn a lot and have a blast with you all! :D

Macaberz likes this.
  23. Keitsumah

lol thx

24. Keitsumah

more new players! omggggg guys we are taking over the forum lol!

also, prewarning i am doing a colab with Mac and our chars r getting ridiculously perverted in this one lol it is just hilarious! (max took a blow to both his manhood and his pride!)

Honor: 1
    Max: 0

25. lixAxil

@Keitsumah: Kewl, I see you're still doing that water drawing xD. Will you colour it?
    Btw, I haven't draw in a while, lack of inspiration D: