1. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

Experiments Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Newtonium, Nov 1, 2013.

This is where all the OOC discussion and character sheets go!

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Experiment ID Number: #1539 (Aka: The White Widower)

Alterations (mutations): Clear skin, hollow bones, four arachnid limbs, two antennae/tentacles, venom/acid, restructured skull, restricted digestive system, sticky hands/feet, and eight eyes.

Appearance: http://keitsumah.deviantart.com/art/The-White-Widower-410738931?ga_submit_new=10%3A1383267150 The White Widower goes by many names, including Blood-sucker, Vampire, Spider man, as well as Ghost. But the one name that he does seem to respond positively to is White. He stands hardly five feet tall due to the experiments, but more often than not you will see him crouched in a corner or dangling from the ceiling.

Background: Kyle White was a simple farm-boy, plowing and planting the polluted lands that were deemed worthless by others in his town. He was never very sociable after his parent's death due to radiation sickness, and only rarely came into town to get supplies. So the day he disappeared, no one really noticed.

Kyle woke up in the cage he has lived in since the day he was brought to the lab, and though the scientists doubted that he would even last one hour in the chambers, he proved to be a lot more resilient than expected. Sadly, this only caused them to try insane experiments that no one would have even tried on the other experimentees, and Kyle barely survived. However, the results were disappointing.

Though Kyle was now part spider and part snake, he could not stand to be in direct sunlight for fear of burns and being blinded. His bones were too easilly shattered should he get in a direct fight with anyone, and despite the fact that he had lethal venom, his harmless demeanor caused him to use the other kind of venom that only knocked out his opponents after making them euphoric.

Now, after five years, White does not remember his own name, but has become more animalistic. Some believe that even the gentle White Widower will snap at some point, as he cannot survive on anything but human blood and body fluids. He literally drains his prey until they crumble to dust.

Some of the scientists have even begun toying with his sanity by cutting up whatever small children they catch and flinging them into his cage to watch. So far, White has had to drain three, after many days of starving himself, and before the monster inside him took over, he would take the children, assure them that he would make the pain stop from their wounds, and do so by injecting them with his euphoric venom. it was better, he convinced himself, than letting them be attacked and mauled by the monster he knows dwells within him.

Any additional information: Though he is small, quiet, and shy, White's abilities range to poisonous bites, poisonous stabs with his spider-like limbs, crawling on any surface he can reach using his sticky feet and hands, as well as opening his jaws impossibly wide to let loose a near-inaudible scream that can shatter eardrums.

His weaknesses include sunlight, fire, heat, cold, and any base powders that will combat his acidic venom and blood. He is also much weaker and more fragile than many of the others, but his climbing abilities and incredible jumping speed make him hard to catch.

3. Keitsumah

Can't wait to get started lol

4. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Same here. I'll have to wait for my character to be approved though, then I will probably make my CS a little better and more readable etc. before posting it. After that I suppose we'll have to wait for the first post... :D

5. Keitsumah

what is your character like?

6. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Female, she's still somewhat human and sane, as far as someone can be so after growing up as a test subject anyway. All she remembers about the time she still lived on the Earth's surface is her own name. The alterations are not entirely related because she's the product of several unrelated (relatively small) experiments, there are more disadvantages than advantages in it for her. She's actually pretty weak/defenseless, shy, timid, the only thing that keeps her sane is the hope that she will see the sun again one day, eh... what else would you like to know?

7. Keitsumah

that's good. ill just wait for the cs lol

8. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

Ok. I have to go out for the day, so hopefully this evening or some time tomorrow I'll get my character sheet and the first post up. Sorry for the delay, you know how real life is... :)

9. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Experiment ID Number: #1401 (aka: Nuala (pronounced: Noola) Anders)

Alterations (mutations): Big wings, they look like bat wings, but they have the color of slightly darkened human skin and they are a little more... gruesome.

Altered senses that can become enhanced, due to the failure of the experiment Nuala cannot control this and if it happens the sensation of highly enhanced perception is usually enough to immobilize her for as long as it takes until her senses return to "normal".

Part of the muscles and bones in her right arm are replaced with some sort of mechanic system. During the process her body started rejecting it and the experiment was never finished after that. The nervous system has been left intact, so she will still feel pain if her arm is injured.

Nuala can use her nails to cut or stab, depending on how long her nails are at the moment.

Appearance: She is relatively small, this makes her wings seem even bigger than they already are. She has blond hair and purple eyes, another physical alteration due to an experiment, and a big part of her body is covered in scars as a result of many unspecified experiments. On her right arm she has so many scars that it seems to be the texture of her skin. A big part of those scars are tally marks; she used to count the days in the lab by carving them in her skin, but after her arm was entirely covered in the tally marks she quit doing it.

Background: Nuala was young when she was taken underground and she cannot recall anything from her life above the surface, except one thing - her name. She dreams of seeing the sunlight once again, this is in fact the only reason she has not given up on life long ago.

Any additional information: Nuala can move her wings, but doesn't know what their purpose is because she cannot recall seeing anything using wings the way they are supposed to be used (to fly, obviously). She would be capable of using her wings out in the open. She is generally weak and defenseless and she's is neither a big nor an important experiment; she has mostly been used for several smaller and relatively unimportant experiments.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  10. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Experiment ID Number: #1089 (aka: Asena)

Alterations (mutations): Huge, eagle like wings. Her skin has a feather like pattern, but she still has her human hair. In the place of a mouth and nose, she has a sharp beak, and her feet are clawed and have a rough, scaly texture. Like a bird, she had hollow bones which make her much lighter than a human.

Her eyesight is very good, but her sense of smell is terrible, much worse than a human's. She cannot eat anything other than meat, otherwise she will sicken and most likely die. She is also allergic to metal, and if her bare skin is pierced or even touched by anything made of metal, her skin will start to puff and swell, she will pass out and if the metal is not taken out of her body or off of her skin she will die.

Appearance: She is relatively short, only four feet tall, but strong for her size and weight. Her hair is brown and straight, and she has yellow eyes like an eagle. The only part of her body that has actual feathers on it is her wings. The rest of her body is skin patterned like feathers.

Background: Asena was born in Turkey, and moved to England when she was five years old. She lived with her parents and two younger brothers. While they were in England, a nuclear bomb fell on London, which killed her parents and her brothers. Asena had been holidaying in Scotland, visiting cousins,when she heard the news. Asena was thirteen by the time that she was moved to America to live with her aunt. She lived with her aunt until she was fifteen, and then was taken.

Any Additional Information: Asena can fly with her wings, but her wings are clipped as she is not allowed to fly in the facility. When she talks, she sounds like a human, but if she screams she sounds like a screeching eagle. Every night, before she falls asleep, she pictures the world above the facility, and whispers her name twenty times to herself so that she makes sure she doesn't forget it, and she thinks that seeing the world in her mind is better then just giving in to madness that can be caused by the experiments.

Newtonium likes this.
  11. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

Experiment ID Number: 703

Mutations: 8 feet tall, tentacles (see appearance), elongated bone structure, weakened immune system, multiple hearts, one eye, no mouth; eats through his tongue, which is long, sharply pointed and tubular.

Appearance: Standing at 8 feet tall, a result of the many experiments, 703’s skeletal frame and pale skin give him the appearance of a walking cadaver. On his chest, he has six (three pairs) of rib-like structures, which are actually long, whip-like tentacles.

Background: Edwin Blackguard was born in Alabama and grew up there, living with his mum and dad. He never moved out, terrified of the bombings he heard about every day, but when he was 17 he was taken by two mysterious men in lab coats.

The experiments have greatly weakened his immune system, so the scientists use him to test infectious bioweapons. He has remained saner than the others, although he is prone to sudden bursts of anger, during which he is a danger both to himself and to others. He can’t remember anything from his past life though he is constantly wishing to see the serface, but what the mutations took from his memory makes itself present in other ways; he is able to communicate with his thoughts.

Additional Information: None

Razzles likes this.
  12. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Cool

13. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Oh...
    @Newtonium Your RP post just gave me inspiration to write the most morbid piece I've ever written for an RP and I'm not sure whether I should be glad about that or... not...

And besides, welcome to WF Razzles :D

Razzles and Newtonium like this.
  14. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Thanks, Tara

15. Keitsumah

makign a post it's just i have way too little time ack! expect it sometime today!

Newtonium likes this.
  16. Tara

Tara Senior Member

I'm afraid my piece won't be up until tomorrow. It will be pretty long though.

17. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Experiment ID Number:2142
    Alterations (mutations): Eyes on the palms of his hands, stomach, and pads of the feet, highly increased reaction time.
    Appearance: http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v3/655410378_1/2013-NEW-Winter-man-sheet-buckles-font-b-leather-b-font-font-b-gloves-b-font.jpg_220x220.jpg
    Background: Ling had escaped the eastern pact because of the terrible things that they were doing to people. However, once making his way into the western lands he found he was strongly prejudiced against. Almost nobody would have anything to do with him, he couldn’t get a job and he lived on the streets. He chose to hide in a ship moving even further west, hoping the great melting pot would be a better place for him. It turned out to be less true and the only place he could end up settling down was the great wasteland over Utah. Ling then was capture and became 2142, which had the positive outcome of heightened reaction time to an extreme degree. However, he had to wear special gloves and shoes as to not send crippling pain through the eyes that formed on this limbs.
    Any additional information: Without his special gloves he can’t grab anything without causing severe pain. Also his brain doesn’t understand the extra optic nerves and only two of his 7 eyes can be open at a time without a lot of blurring rendering him near blind. Presumably his brain could adapt but it would take a lot of time, and he prefers just two have two eyes open at a time.

2142 snapped quickly. The actual mutations may not have been nearly as severe as others, but the experiments were rough. The scientists were happy to try extreme measure on the foreigner. He did whatever it took to survive. He has done dark things, and won't stop to kill, maim, or ruin his way to survival and his dream of escape.

18. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

Hey guys, just a quick sciencey lesson about the facility. If you have been knocked out or killed, as with 703, the scientists have a chemical that can bring you back to life, called Ambrosia. Thought you might like to know :)

19. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Cool. Will keep that in mind for my next post.

20. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Yay I have 12 green line things underneath my name... I don't know what they mean, but I'm pretty sure it's good, so yeah...

How's eveyone doing today?

21. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

I only have two lines.

22. motormouth1312

motormouth1312 Member

agreed

23. motormouth1312

motormouth1312 Member

(As if spoken by a scientific researcher)
    Experiment Name: Jerome Rokes
    Experiment ID Number: 1312
    Mutations: Experiment 1312 has seemed to has mutated to a rock body, much stronger than any known alloy know to man and is a deal lot stronger than any of our researchers, possessing the strength of 10 men, his height has altered little and his posture also so, however his behaviour has changed to be more aggressive and abusive striking his holding cell until he is restrained, he needs to be kept of the floor as must not be able to gain momentum as he is an almost unstoppable force, he can also detect what can only be described as Chi or the soul, its what some people believe is our life source or what gives us choices, he can detect this form as far away as 30 meters and can also detect animals as well as walls, floors and doors, this skill is particularly dangerous skill but the rock armour prevents us removing the mutation gene, he has reduced speed but is still deadly
    Appearance: He appears to have a solid rock body that looks like arid and is cracked, he has little hair except for his head that posses brown hair short enough to see the scalp, his whole body is the light of grey but his eyes remain ever brown
    Age: 1312 is exactly 16 years and 4 months and 14 days old ( as accounted on the 5th of November)
    Background: 1312 was located in New jersey and was located on top of the New jersey City University.
    Any additional information: KEEP HIM CONTAINED

24. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

People! Please DO NOT reply to the main thread at the moment. There are a few issues I have to sort out, which will greatly affect any posts you post. Just - please - don't :)

25. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Ok