Out of curiosity. . .

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chudz, May 16, 2011.

1. Chudz

Chudz New Member

Heya all, thanks for your thoughts.

When I was younger and friendships fractured after high-school, it seemed irreparable. But it's so different for you nowadays. I guess I can understand why it's so popular with a little hindsight.

Plus, I am seeing more and more marketing pointed toward these sites. And I guess that's where the original question came from.

Anyways . . . cool, and thanks for all your time. Maybe I'll look into it in the near future. :cool:

2. funkybassmannick

funkybassmannick New Member

Who knows, maybe you'll reconnect with some old friends you haven't even thought about in years. Glad we could help!

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I've not met most of the people on my account, and doubt I ever will. I use it for networking and advertising. My partner actually managed to pick up a German publisher and agent through facebook, so it's not evil. lol Facebook is great for the professional writer, same as twitter, because you WILL get sales on your stories by advertising on them both. How do I know? Because I've added many randoms and made a good few sales for my partner in doing so, same with him.

If you want to be a professional writer, you need to get your name, link and work out there in as many places as possible, facebook is definitely one of those places to get it out, because it is so well used.

I also spent 10 years searching for a friend, someone I lost contact with after the passing of her mother. It was only through FB that we managed to find each other again.

It's bet use is for networking though. It's good to see what other writers are up to, and get to speak with artists, editors and publishers that you normally wouldn't. There are so many benefits for writers on networking sites, it isn't funny. My partners picked up a lot of publications through contacts on facebook, gotten to know editors and publishers and it has gained him more writing work. It's great.