Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Out of Their Minds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Charisma, Jun 13, 2008.

Name:
    Out of Their Minds

Setting:
    Contemporary Science Fiction

Genre:
    Mystery and Science Fiction

Plot:
    In a mental asylum in the suburbs of New York State, it is a popular rumor that the people admitted to the wards are not mentally bonkers. Of course, it’s virtually impossible – or is it? Though Dr. Francine is sure that her patients are completely crazy she is being continually contacted by the police authorities that one of them, or more, must be alien forms. Dr. Francine who has never believed in UFOs, is forced to go beyond realism and search for an answer.

How to play:
    The game is played in a specific manner. Some players must be mentally bonkers, while a few must be aliens. Permitted diseases and permitted styles of alien life forms are listed later in the post. Now, you will not post that up with your profile (look below for character sheet). Instead, you will PM me whichever side you wish to be on, and I will approve or disapprove of your choice, depending on the situation (we can’t have 8 aliens and 1 crazy guy, I hope). However, you must post your disease since we will assume everyone is crazy! The player will be then given a list of five key points which the character knows. This time, you will be given a haiku after every ten posts you make (but the post must be at least 10 lines). I’m a terrible poet, so you will have to bear with me :D The haiku will be a symbolic clue, which you will have to fit in. The players are forbidden to reveal their identities and those haikus to anyone on the forum. If someone does, there is no penalty, but I would be greatly disturbed if I found out.

The next step is to start playing. I, as a GM, will be Dr. Francine and otherwise will guide you and reveal clues and situations which can help the characters to interact with each other and to find out the mad ones and aliens through proof and keen observation. Naturally, the one who finds out will be the lucky one. It must be noted though, that being alien does not mean the antagonists. There can be good aliens and bad aliens, and same goes for the humans.

You can join the game anytime you want.

Rules:
    1.Your character cannot know everything, cannot do everything and is not perfect. Your character must have an equal share of virtues and vices. Even if you are an evil alien, there must be something good about you.

2.You cannot reveal your side or haikus to anyone.

3.No harassment, misbehavior or anything of the kind is to be tolerated.

4.Be regular. If you think you’ll not be regular (that is, you will not post for more than a week), then tell me in your PM beforehand.

5.If you have an issue with someone, or anything related to this RPG (even me), please contact me instead of gossiping with others.

Dos and Don’ts:

Mentally unstable humans

Do:
    -Act according to your disease
    -Act good/murky/alien/human (recommended for confusing other players)
    -Hold grudges/have fights
    -Indirectly reveal your haiku (in RPG, but make an attempt to show it as a general idea) but the idea behind it, not the haiku itself
    - Permitted diseases:
    -Antisocial Personality Disorder
    -Autism
    -Avoidant Personality Disorder
    -Bipolar personality disorder
    -Borderline Personality Disorder
    -Delusional Disorder
    -Depersonalization Disorder
    -Dependent Personality Disorder
    -Histrionic Personality Disorder
    -Multiple Personality Disorder
    -Narcolepsy
    -Nightmare disorder
    -Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    -Paranoid Personality Disorder
    -Pedophilia
    -Schizoaffective Disorder
    -Schizoid Personality Disorder
    -Schizophrenic disorder
    -Schizotypal Personality Disorder
    -Sleepwalking
    Note: Not all disorders (including those above) require permanent hospitalization. Therefore, keep that in mind that you may need to have a family background. Also, if you have another mental disorder in mind, PM me.
    Recommended reading:
    http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_index.php?idx=26 (short)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mental_disorders (long)

Don’t:
    -Directly reveal (through PM, online proclamation, open thought in RPG etc) your identity and haikus
    -Force and tempt others to reveal their identity and haikus
    -Have superpowers, futuristic weapons or create unrealistic biodatas
    -Be suddenly cured of your disease
    -Have an intense personality disorder and act normal and vice versa

Aliens

Do:
    -Act according to your disease
    -Hold grudges/have fights
    -Act good/murky/alien/human (recommended for confusing other players)
    -Indirectly reveal your haiku (in RPG, but make an attempt to show it as a general idea) but the idea behind it, not the haiku itself
    -Can team up with other aliens in the game (not recommended or discouraged, just allowed. But you must PM me for permission, so that I can tell you the involved aliens and then your must intimate the plan to me)
    -Permitted characteristics:
    -Shape shifting/Science-fiction stealth facilities
    -Different languages
    -Different looks (but be a little realistic)
    -Futuristic/primitive weapons (but no mass-destruction weapons during the RPG, at the end I can give special permission)
    -Look like humans
    -Have different reproduction/urination/other biological approaches
    Note: If you have a picture, more than welcome to PM me.
    -PM all the details in the spoiler tags to me

Don’t:
    -Directly reveal (through PM, online proclamation, open thought in RPG etc) your identity and haikus
    -Force and tempt others to reveal their identity and haikus
    -Create a far too vague biodata
    -Have an intense personality disorder and act normal and vice versa
    -Be gender neutral (…)
    -Eat up humans
    -Summon a force of aliens w/o my permission

About revelation of identity, no one will do so in or out of RPG. If a character is caught and questioned, only then the player has the freedom to reveal or conceal his identity. If someone guesses someone else’s identity, they may happy take the risk of plotting against them, but if they make a wrong guess – then they might fail! So be careful. Clues, hints and different situations will be regularly presented by Francine (in character) or GM (out of character) for you to find out. GM posts in green..

Profile:

Name:

Race:
    Spiritual beliefs: [you can invent your own, open category]

Fighting proficiencies:[skills, for weapons you’ll need my special permission]

Disorder:
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10):

Personality:
    Appearance:
    Biography: [mention your parents/guardians, spouse and children if they hold importance]

So, as a step-by-step analysis of what you should do:
    1.Fill up the profile.
    2.PM me the side you wish to be on.
    3.Wait for me to commence the game.

My profile

Name: Francine

Race: French
    Spiritual beliefs: Jew

Fighting proficiencies: She’s a simple woman with no particular skill, but she has self-trained herself in body-building and some kung fu steps to deal with violent patients. She carries a revolver (which she is yet to master) with her at all times.

Disorder: N/A
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): N/A

Personality: A helpful, cheery and simple girl.. She is very humble which helps her in counseling talk. She also has a flair for sketching. She is very sensitive and sometimes cries at small things. She is not very clever, but she copes up with her innocence. She is very devoted to her job and treats her patients like her own family.
    Appearance: Blue eyes with dark red hair which barely reaches her ears. Her skin tone is in between fair and tan. Her lips are perfect pink and her teeth are well-adjusted to her jaw frame. She is not very thin, but has a very good body shape with a height of 5’4’’ and weighs 130 pounds.
    Biography: Brought up in Minnesota, she moved to New York City for higher education. At first she did not get a good job so she moved to a suburban area to reduce living costs. Her brother joined her too when his web designing business was a flop. Francine lives in a small apartment with one room and fairly larger lounge with her brother Jerry, who lives on her earnings for now. She has never mentioned her father’s name thus she is known as Francine and nothing else. Her mother lives in Boston and works as a receptionist in a hotel. Francine and Jerry visit her every summer for a month. Francine’s younger sister Sam was autistic which had compelled Francine to join psychiatry. Sam lives with her mother since Francine is not financially strong.

I hope you decide to join :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Raven

Raven Banned

Game Approved.

3. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Name: Rory Olson

Race: caucasian
    Spiritual beliefs: atheist

Fighting proficiencies: punch, kick, bite, whatever

Disorder: Borderline Personality Disorder
    Intensity: about 3

Personality: very moody. Usually pretty content, but snaps at the slightest little thing. Has a tendancy towards pouting and sulking.
    Appearance: about 5' 6" with shaggy, black hair and brown eyes. Usually wears jeans and a grey hoodie.
    Biography: Rory was the youngest of four kids from a middle-class family. His parents thought his violent outbursts were cries for attention, and didn't seek any kind of medical help or anything. He was sent to the asylum one year ago, after he tried to commit suicide by drinking some kind of cleaning fluid.

Name: Adrian Gutierrez

Race: hispanic
    Spiritual beliefs: none

Fighting proficiencies: none

Disorder: Narcolepsy
    Intensity: 4

Personality: Adrian's pretty laid-back and hates being bored. He tries to step out of his comfort zone as much as possible, but in a mental asylum that's not always the brightest thing to do. He's a little thoughtless sometimes.
    Appearance: a little on the short side - 5' 3" - with shoulder-length, black hair, dark eyes, and tan skin. He's kinda scrawny and wears jeans and long-sleeved, button-up shirts that're about four sized too big.
    Biography: came from an upper-middle-class family with his parents and younger sister. His parents had always known about his condition, but hadn't checked him into the asylum until about 3 years ago, when he'd lost consciousness during his driving test and got into an accident.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Name: "My name is Gregor Handel. Dr. Gregor Handel. Now will you please remove this straight jacket."

Race: White

Spiritual beliefs:"I believe in science and surgical medicine. Anything can be cured if you cut deep enough."

Fighting proficiencies: choke holds, sucker punching

Occupation: "I am a surgeon! Why won't someone listen to me?! I was helping those people!"

Disorder: "I have no disorder! Do you realize how far you've set my patients' progress back? This is disastrous. Hrum .... it's you they are going to sue." [Doctor's note: Patient suffers from an acute delusional disorder. He believes himself to be a surgeon and has on several occasions kidnapped and severely injured people while attempting to "heal them" of a variety of problems ranging from depression to infidelity.]

Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 9 [two of Handel's victims died, one was permanently blinded]

Personality: On the surface Handel appears to be kind and friendly. This behavior will continue until he has finished his diagnosis, after which he will begin stalking his patients waiting for a chance to render them unconscious so he can "operate".

Appearance: 5' 8", 145 lbs with a noticeable paunch.

Biography: "I graduated top of my class from Harvard." [Doctor's notes: Handel's biography changes daily. Some days he graduated Harvard like his father. Other days he was an orphan who worked his way though medical school by selling pencils on the corner. There is never any consistency in his oral history. Fingerprinting has likewise failed to identify him. Only his name remains constant.]

5. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Name: "My name is Gregor Handel. Dr. Gregor Handel. Now will you please remove this straight jacket."

Race: White

Spiritual beliefs:"I believe in science and surgical medicine. Anything can be cured if you cut deep enough."

Fighting proficiencies: choke holds, sucker punching

Occupation: "I am a surgeon! Why won't someone listen to me?! I was helping those people!"

Disorder: "I have no disorder! Do you realize how far you've set my patients' progress back? This is disastrous. Hrum .... it's you they are going to sue." [Doctor's note: Patient suffers from an acute delusional disorder. He believes himself to be a surgeon and has on several occasions kidnapped and severely injured people while attempting to "heal them" of a variety of problems ranging from depression to infidelity.]

Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 9 [two of Handel's victims later died, one was permanently blinded]

Personality: On the surface Handel appears to be kind and friendly. This behavior will continue until he has finished his diagnosis, after which he will begin stalking his patients waiting for a chance to render them unconscious so he can "operate".

Appearance: 5' 8", 145 lbs with a noticeable paunch.

Biography: "I graduated top of my class from Harvard." [Doctor's notes: Handel's biography changes daily. Some days he graduated Harvard like his father. Other days he was an orphan who worked his way though medical school by selling pencils on the corner. There is never any consistency in his oral history. Fingerprinting has likewise failed to identify him. Only his name remains constant.]

1 person likes this.
  6. Bick

Bick New Member

Name: Skye

Race: African American/Caucasian Mix
    Spiritual beliefs: Agnostic

Fighting proficiencies: Can be extremely violent and angry. Is a lot stronger then her small body frame suggests.

Disorder: Obsessive Compulsive disorder, Tourette’s Sydrome, Insomnia.
    Intensity: OCD(5) Tourettes(7) Insomnia (6)

Personality: She tries to not get close to people, finding it hard to do so in the first place. She tends to get violent with frustration. She does have her nice side, but on a rarity shows it.
    Appearance: Light brown skin, long silky dark-brown hair. Very small, about 4 and a half feet tall and about 80 pounds. Always has a look of unhappiness on her face, and she tends to mumble to herself. She rarely looks people in the eye, and is mostly seen looking down at the ground as she walks.
    Biography: Was raised by abusive parents who saw her as nothing but a problem. She was regularly beat, and abused verbally by her alcoholic father. Her mother was scarcely around, and when she was, she was of no help. By the age of 8, she was taken away by her grandparents. When there they noticed there was something very wrong with her. For one she didn’t sleep. She would stay awake lying in bed without much of a sound but her own mumbled words. They also noticed she had a weird tic. Her left eye seemed to wink involuntarily, and they often her say things that shouldn’t have come from a little girls mouth. Her room was always spic-n-span and her actions were replayed many times before she would be able to walk away and call it done. Her anger was immense and her moods changed swiftly. At the age of 9, she ended up throwing one of her tantrums, giving her grandmother a black eye. She was quickly whisked away to the mental institution and she never saw them again.

Once in she disowned her true name, Amelia Long, and only lets others call her Skye. She is known to throw a tantrum if she is called otherwise.

1 person likes this.
  7. GuitarSolo

GuitarSolo New Member

Name:Micheal Bowers

Race:White, really tan though.

Spiritual beliefs: No specific belief.

Fighting proficiencies:A beserker, very strong and quick. Feels no pain once he gets worked up and enjoys the fight. He laughs, yells, and insults when he's fighting.

Occupation: Room 23. Has tags above his door that read "Extreme caution" and "Beserker".

Disorder: Antisocial Personality Disorder (Or at least the doctor thinks, Authorities are still determing if he is faking so he does not go to prison)

Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 9

Personality:Very aggresive, but smiles all the time. Sometime's self abusive. On rare occasion's he can show compassion and understanding and very thourough insight. Has several "favorites" or doctors he tolorates more than others.

Appearance: 6' 3'' Thick brown hair. Very prominent canine teeth. Almost black eyes. Clean shaven. Many small scars, but has one large scar reaching from his left shoulder across his chest to his right hip.

Biography: Micheal was picked up at a bar fight in New Jersey, then shipped to New York. In the fight he killed two men, decimating one body. When police found him he was speaking to the other body and slicing him self with broken glass. The reports say that he was explaing to the body how he felt no pain and was invincable.

Police found his records to be scattered. A record of a fight here, a theft here. The only specific amount of info was a photo of him with a renegade group of Mercenaries called SSF (or Satan's Sixth Finger). He was the machine gunner.

1 person likes this.
  8. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Name: Olena Airye

Race: hispanic, russian, caucasian, african
    Spiritual beliefs: varied - her parents are methodist, but her different personalities have different beliefs

Fighting proficiencies: hands and feet

Disorder: split personality disorder, bipolar
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 7

Personality: anything you can imagine, basically. She has three general personalities, each called by a different name, but her real name is Olena, and the personality by that name is probably the closest to real. Olena's kind and gentle, likes to draw and read. The personality she calls Vira is fiery, short-fused, great at math, and a believer in aliens. Her other personality has no known name and doesn't talk very much at all, but whatever comes out of her mouth is a riddle or nonsense.

Appearance: creamy tan skin, dark hair and eyes, long eyelashes, straight teeth. 5'3", 110 lbs.

Biography: Her mother, Meliisa, and father, Salvador make sure she's well taken care of, bring her home on Christmas Eve, and visit her thrice a year, but they aren't entirely present.

1 person likes this.
  9. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Name: Mortimer Robinson

Race: Caucasian
    Spiritual beliefs: Believes he is the Mesiah

Fighting proficiencies:None, doesn't know fighting moves

Disorder: Schizophrenic disorder
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 10

Personality: Mortimer (his true name isn't registered) is a darkly disturbed man prone to violent outbreaks and talks to himself and others around non-stop and without sense. He's completely insane and dangerous to everyone.
    Appearance: Long brown hair, gruffy "Trapper Dan" beard, bright blue eyes. Stands about 6'1" and fairly muscular.
    Biography: Mortimer, as he is known, was an average child until about 15 when he started showing signs of demensia. He still managed to go to college and get married, suppressing any serious illness. It became quite apparent to his wife Martha he was unstable when he began mumbling about aliens and Jesus on drugs and kicking the dog. Mortimer was found to be insane and locked up in the psycho ward for life. He has been there 13 years.

10. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Name: Benjamin Jericho

Spiritual beliefs: Satanic, believes he can see and speak to demons and evil spirits

Fighting proficiencies: none
    Occupation: Former college student majoring in biblical studies and literature

Disorder: Schizophrenia, insomnia, mania
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 10

Personality: Usually silent, mumbles to himself when alone, used to be very polite and kind but is now sadistic and sick in the head. He's very alert and often jumpy to his surroundings. Smiles wickedly when spoken to as if he knew something you didn't. Very intelligent but his mind often wanders, especially when he hears voices inside his head belonging to demons who he claims speak to him on occasion.

Appearance: long greasy black hair, unshaven face, light brown eyes, about 5'9 148 lbs with a skinny but toned build, scars on his body from cutting himself with knives and his nails

Biography: Jericho was raised in Catholic schools and was beaten on occasion but his drunken father who commited suicide when he was 13 years of age. Jericho received overly well grades in high school and was seen as a young prodigy by his peers yet very quiet. He attended a 4 year college to study demonology, angelology and literature without sleep for nights on end. During his 3rd year Jericho became addicted to cocaine, meth, and heroine. During his 4th year he was arrested for killing an entire classroom of students and crucified each student upside down. During his trail he claimed "If you saw what I saw, you would succumb too..."

1 person likes this.
  11. Klee

Klee New Member

Name: Noah Haze

Spiritual beliefs: more or less Shintoist, he believes there is a spirit in everything

Fighting proficiencies: basic judo

Disorder: Depression, schizophrenia caused by substance abuse
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 5-6

Personality: And avid reader and very kind to everyone and everything. He believes there is a spirit in everything and that he can even communicate with these spirits. He more or less has a good control over himself but refuses to believe that what he sees and hears aren't hallucinations. He is also of homosexual preference. He also doesn't remember his mother and sister and believes someone else to be them. He's a bit of a jokester and sometimes likes to pretend he has another mental disease.

Appearance: Chocolate brown hair with the tips dyed red, very pale, hazel eyes, about 5'6

Biography: Noah suffered of undiagnosed clinical depression and as such he began cutting and abusing drugs. He was found in his bedroom near dead one day and was rushed to the hospital were a mental examination was performed. He lived with his mother and sister, whom he loves very much, unfortunately he can't recognize them anymore.

1 person likes this.
  12. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Name: Lamia Sachdeva/Nakshatra Ryan/ Kasie Enome/ Asia Devlin

Race: Asian Caucasian
    Spiritual beliefs: Hindu/ Christian/ Muslim/ Jew

Fighting proficiencies: Is an extremely agile acrobat, and a certified Ninja, specializes in martial arts, and is a Parkour specialist..

Disorder:Split-personality
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10):8

Personality:
    Lamia- Outgoing and bossy. Loves attention-will do anything for the spotlight. The original personality.

Nakshatra-Becomes her when angry, extremely violent. Capable of murder.

Kasie-The timid self. Is apprehensive about everything. This personality is a reminder of how Lamia was when she first lost her sdoptive parents.

Asia-Popular punk. Rich, but jobless for a 38 year old. Looks for opportunities to get laid. The personality of Lamia that searches to be recognized.
    Appearance: 5 ft, chestnut brown eyes, long glossy black hair, extremely fair, trim figure.
    Because of her neutral appearance, her personalities can adopt any look.
    Biography: An orphan, given up for adoption at birth, lived with adoptive parent till 14, they died in car crash, along with younger adopted brother. Anaware of her disorder.

1 person likes this.
  13. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Name: Nicholas/Kennith/Ryan Arcane

Spiritual beliefs: Christian/Atheist/Agnostic

Fighting proficiencies: Taekwondo (took for three years)

Disorder: Dissociative identity disorder, Pedophilia
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 8

Personality: Nicholas is a kind and thoughtful, and doesn't believe that he has a reason to be cooped up here. He loves to write, but is disgusted when his writings turn out to be written by three different people.
    Kennith is the opposite. He is cold and rude, and gets angry easily.
    Ryan is a pedophile, and will stop at nothing to "get" his loves.

Appearance: Pale skin, shaggy brown hair that stops right before his shoulders, a short beard.
    Biography: His father was a normal, average Joe, but his Mother suffered from DID as well. (She had a quiet, shy personality, and a loud, flirtatious personality). He doesn't remember his siblings.

1 person likes this.
  14. starsailor

starsailor New Member

Name:kevin Michaels

Race:White
    Spiritual beliefs:Athiest

Fighting proficiencies:Has a stronge back hand punch and once knocked a guy out with it.he uses shrunkens as a weopon.
    Occupation:At the moment their trying to break out of this wakyshack(his terms)

Disorder:Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Autism
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10):10(OCD) and 9(A).

Personality:Kevin is smart but losses his temper alot because he allways repets himself seeing as he has OCD.He is hard to make freinds with but once he is your freind he will stay your freind,he doesnt speak alot and prefers to use symbles on paper or any where he can.he allso find it dificult to understand facial expressions or tone of voice ,okes and sarcasm ,common phrases and sayings; an example might be the phrase 'It's cool', which people often say when they think that something is good, but strictly speaking, means that it's a bit cold.

Appearance:Kevin has brown hair usally its moused and styled the same evry day,he wears jeans and a yellow top ,he refuses to change clothes as he will want to repet this action again and again!

Biography: Growing up Kevin was teased because of his illnesses,it added to his anger.When he was 17 he meet a woman called Sheri Riggs and fell in love with her they got married after being together for 5 years.Sheri died after 3 3year because of cancer he greifed her and became menterly insane.He became an bandite got into fights in the street for no reason .Then he got taken by the police after attempt of suicuide to a place they said he would be happy in but hes not day after day he repets the same plan over and over in his head making it better and better,changing things,adding extra's.hes fought alot here,even knocked a few people out.

hows that?:eek:

1 person likes this.
  15. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Name: Glenny Ramses

Race: Mix, Greek and Austrian
    Spiritual beliefs: Christian/Catholic/Jew
    Fighting proficiencies: Doesn't pack the most powerful punch, but is extremely quick and hard to counter

Disorder: Schizophrenic disorder, Delusional Disorder

Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 2-3

Personality: Is the mega-pacifist. Does not like to fight, but will when it is necessary. Is utterly delusional, speaks in circles and to himself, and thinks that the world is out to get him. Thinks at times that his name is Glenny and at others thinks his name is Ramses. He forgets that he is "real" from time to time and takes on sudden delusional fits.

Glenny - The giddy, whimsical artist whose personality flairs (and spurts), this is when he usually has his fits

Ramses - The serious, "world is out to get me", talking to himself alter-ego

Appearance: Blue eyes, light blonde/brown dreadlocks falling to the shoulders (with a few beads), jeans that are usually torn, a short chain falling from his neck, shoes that look as if they were made centuries ago

Biography: Born in Brooklyn, grown in the theater in New York city. At the age of 7 was abandoned by his father and lived a life of poverty with his homely mother. At the age of fifteen he was forced to take on two full-time jobs to support his small family in their tiny apartment, and in time generally took on two personalities.

1 person likes this.
  16. GuitarSolo

GuitarSolo New Member

About how many more characters do we need before we can start?

17. starsailor

starsailor New Member

um i PM'd charisma and they said that they were waiting on someone to PM them saying what they would like to be.

18. GuitarSolo

GuitarSolo New Member

Okay. That being said, that means someone did not read the first part all the way or has just not gotten around to it.

Remember, pick a side and send Charisma a Personal Message. Then we can get started.

19. Charisma

That being said, I still have to start now. It been quite a while now since they first joined.

20. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I hope it's not me Rabs...

21. Charisma

Commencement

Welcome to ‘Out of Their Minds’ everyone, and here’s your awaited announcement, preceded by a few guidelines.

Here’s a reiteration of some basic things (and some basic ideas which were not discussed earlier) you should have in mind.

1. Don’t reveal your identity and haikus. Repeat after Charisma until you start talking in your sleep.

2. You can act: alien+good, alien+bad, human+good, human+bad. These four combinations are possible – of course, try to act the combination which isn’t you.

3. Your haikus are your key to the solution. They can guide you, misguide you – so to make maximum benefit of it, use it to guide others, and misguide others too. :p It is compulsory to reveal your haikus as the plot gets heated up, and if someone has a problem here, Charisma’s the man witch.

4. BE REGULAR! And if you can’t be, that’s okay – but remember, Charisma has a punishment for them. You can call it a solution, too. When someone is inactive for more than a week, either Charisma will automatically respond, or one of you should PM Charisma if Charisma doesn’t realize it. And then – Charisma will summon her beautiful GM powers, and will produce a situation to free the related persons of the inactive person for a while. Whenever he/she awakens, the GM spell will find him/her a place once more.

5. Remember, all of your characters know each other, they are not strangers. Some of them can be friends and others can be enemies. This is your own choice, as to whom you want to befriend and whom you don’t want to.

6. Your characters don’t just have this mental hospital (some of them, at least). So if you have a social background, show it!

7. My take on natural deaths will be revealed later in the game.

8. Special permission for murders is needed.

9. Charisma has noticed some of you RP in first person. No issues – you can RP in first-person perspective or third-person, whatever you like best and can work with. Charisma uses first-person perspective, but everyone is free to choose their perspective of narration.

10. And yes, Charisma knows she has edited Stealth Contact’s commencement post to make this – you don’t expect her to rewrite everything, do you?

Now the real spice *Drum roll*…
    The game is commenced!

Underneath this message is the introductory post, after which all of you should start posting.

22. Charisma

“Michael, give me the blade.”

“Hell no, do I look stupid?”

Michael Bowers nastily played with the blade, knowing the twists of fear and adrenaline inside of me.

“Well, if you don’t give me the blade, I’ll have to give you another injection.”

The affrighted young man backed away, retreating to the wall.

“Not another of those, you witch! You double-crosser, I thought we were friends!”

I sighed and spoke calmly:

“Friends do what their friend wants for them. You give me the blade, and I don’t give you an injection.”

“Doesn’t sound like a fair deal,” he began, a satanic look on his face, “but I’ll play by it.”

I knew he’d try to harm me, so I extended my gloved hand forward. He growled in anger and tried tearing through my glove, but it was one thick leather baby.

“No use, Michael. Sturdy leather.”

I grinned and gave the blade to Rebecca, the nurse.

“He’ll be throwing a few fits, I presume.”

I said out in an audible voice, but finished in a faint whisper:

“Give him the 9/11.”

9/11 was my way of saying the sleep injection. Michael was being violent today, and I should’ve talked him out of it rather than knocking him out – but someone was being more belligerent right now.

“It has to be here. It just does!”

He shouted, pulling the dog with his hands. The couple was apprehended by his behavior, and had tried arguing with him over the matter.

“That’s our dog, child.”

“But this is where you park dogs. Dr. Francine told me. So it has to be here!”

I felt a pang of horror hit me as the dog scowled at Kevin, which was probably about to lose its cool too.

“Kevin, Kevin, let go of the dog.”

I said, pulling him by his shoulder so as to free the dog.

“But this is where you park dogs. Here, right here. You said so. Right here, right here.”

He spoke like a paranoid and I immediately cupped my hands around his jaw, speaking softly:

“Calm down, Kevin. Listen, listen hard. They are not going to park their dog. They are going to leave with their dog right away. Not going to park, leave with dog. Understand?”

Kevin nodded, but remained content for only a moment.

“So…so why isn’t their dog leaving? Why are they still here? Why, why are they still here?’

He now started pushing the dog, at which the couple gasped.

“Yes Kevin, they are leaving. No need to push the dog, Kevin – they are leaving.”

I made sure I said the words loud enough to have the couple understand my point. They took the chance and fled, though they did take a while to conceive my orders.

“Now, let’s go inside. Inside is where Kevin lives, right?”

Kevin nodded, and mumbling the day’s schedule in his head, walked into his room. I had barely stopped to breathe when the couple returned.

“Sorry about the dog issue, we didn’t realize he’d jump right on us like that.”

The woman began, and I commented gleefully:

“Oh, no big. OCD. Really funny but cute disease.”

I didn’t know if I actually meant to say the diseased were cute. Maybe…

“So how can I help you further?”

“You said I should come see Rory today or tomorrow?”

I nodded, and led them to a room in the back.
    “You can take her back for the weekend, but remember to give her the dosage very strictly.”

I advised the couple about several other things too – puberty, mainly. Rory wasn’t taking his physical and mental changes very nicely, and I wanted his parents to work on that.

We ended up in a white room, completely white unlike other rooms which were combinations of blue and gray. I never knew the mystery of this room, but I guess it’s not my job to know it. As long as Rory likes it.

“Rory honey? It’s me, mom.”

The woman walked in, and Rory made a nasty face. I sunk in guilt, feeling bad for the couple. Whenever they gave a visit, he was rude and intolerably harsh.

“Get out, you lizard. You lizard face. I hate you. You’re the worst mom ever.”

I was going to stay back and console Rory, until I heard a familiar voice which was lyrical in its own way.

“I’ll stick it up your – “

I immediately surrounded Skye, holding her mouth shut.

“No young missy, you’re supposed to be in bed right now.”

“I don’t want to be in bed.”

She replied, pushing me away. I grinned in a motherly way and picked her up.

“Let go of me! I’ll kill you! Let go of me!”

She cried, like the typical gorgeous youngling she was. I kissed her forehead and walked to her room, unhurt until she started pawing at me.

“Enough, young missy. In bed we go.”

She screeched angrily as I tucked her in, and tried hard to tear off my chin. I serenely pushed her hand off and fit it into the handcuffs on the bed.

“I’m sorry sweetie.”

I spoke as she struggled against the handcuffs, her brutal force unimaginable. I watched with even more disturbance as Mary came and injected her.

“Anything bothering you, ma’am?”

She asked as I plainly stared at the tired young girl, dozing off to sleep.

“No, not really.”

Such a bad liar I was.

******​

“Ma’am, this is my last warning. After that, we’ll do as we like.”

“Excuse me! These people are not pieces of trash you can treat as you like. Just because their mental balance is weak, doesn’t eliminate their human rights!”

“What human rights, if they are not humans to begin with?”

“Oh please.”

I turned around, fuming in anger. This was my third visit to the police station, and my second encounter with Robby Finger Fish, his so-called ‘codename’ in the military. Ha, he didn’t even look military. Not after listening to his beliefs in UFOs and aliens.

“Look, Dr. Francine, we have been considerate to the crazy – I mean mentally ‘unique’ people in there – long enough. Now, you hand them over to us for tests or we confiscate them tomorrow.”

I looked at them with the most horrified expressions I had ever made.

“Hey, I am in charge of the psychiatry ward of that hospital! I have some responsibility towards my patients. I can’t do this to them. They’re my family.”

I felt an emotional headache, but I had to save those people.

“Well…”

The man looked into my eyes which pleaded for his mercy.

“Alright, alright. They’re your family and you have some responsibility towards them. But what about the whole of mankind? You, being a human, have no responsibility towards them?”

I bit my lower lip, and then raised my eyes to the tube light. I don’t know why, but it reminded me of Lamia, my four-sided drama. I was then bequeathed with an extraordinary idea.

“How about…I find out the alien myself? I have received enough education from medical school to differentiate between a human and an alien. I can maintain my psychiatric ward’s demands and solve your problem.”

The man looked impressed, but only a little. He turned to the head of police department and discussed something in a fairly low voice. I didn’t bother eavesdrop; why earn bad deeds when I was trying to do something good?

“Fine, but my assistant and our best detective in the military department for New York State’s suburbs, John Francs, will be helping you.”

He paused, and then spoke slowly:

“Francs with a ‘c’, not ‘k’. He’s pretty touchy about that."

Francs? Don’t tell me he’s a Frenchie.

Well, he wasn’t. But his parents probably loved the French currency. He came from behind me, acting like he was on the top of the world. Well, he was a muscular man with an alluring face, not to mention his wavy black hair. I politely greeted him and sternly replied to Robby:

“Okay, he can come. But he must abide by the norms and conditions of my department.”

I then turned back, and he followed me.

Out of the police department, I walked unconsciously towards the subway, but the man pulled me back.

“Hold on, Francine. You’re working with the military now. First advantage – you get to travel in a brand new SUV.”

I felt like I was in a dreamland. In front of me, stood a shimmering black SUV. No way! This was way too awesome.

“Oh, nice.”

I grinned and walked towards it, when John pulled me back and neared to me.

“Second advantage – you get me.”

I raised an eyebrow and gave him one heavy slap across his face.

“Here are the advantages of working with me. First advantage – I’m never open.”

He frowned as we simultaneously sat inside the car. I smiled at him and spoke once more:

“Second advantage – I’m very forgiving.”

His frown turned into a faint smile and clicked his fingers, allowing the chauffeur to take us to the hospital.

******​

John was supposed to join us starting Friday, three days later. I was worried. What if…what if there were aliens here? And what if they tried to pull off a mass-destruction agenda or something? The thought was stupid and impossible…but also scary.

“Ma’am?”

Jim, the sweeper, called to me. I took my eyes off Skye, who was asleep and walked to him.

“Dr. Brenda is calling you for lunch break.”

Before I could ask about Rory, he added:

“Rory’s alright. Dr. Howard handled the situation.”

“Fair enough.”

I patted his head, like I always did, and walked to the lunch room. Brenda couldn’t eat a meal without me, could she?

23. Klee

Klee New Member

Noah stepped through the doors of the psychiatric ward, a backpack hanging from his hand. He made a beeline to the nurses center and placed a bottle on the counter.

"Hi. I ran out of pills....?"

The nurse gave him a little smile and replaced the bottle with a new one, filled with little white pills. Noah opened it and took out two, swallowing them dry.

He knew he was sick. He knew he had depression and that's why he came here, and as long as he took his pills he could go and be out and about. It was good, being out, but he also liked it here, it was quieter, somehow the voices quieted down when he came to this place.

"I'm gonna go see my mom." He informed the nurse.

Slinging the backpack over his shoulders again, he walked further into the nut house. Waving to a few people here and there in hello. He knew them, and they knew him.

He opened the door to Dr. Francine's office and sat on one of the couches, dropping his backpack to the floor as he made himself comfortable.

"Hey doc, I'm back. Are you surprised to see me? Guess not, huh. Heheheh. Say doc, would it be okay if I stayed a few days? I mean, I like the place I'm living at but I miss my mom and my sister. That lady and her daughter are very nice to me though, the girl always runs up to me and hugs my legs really strong. Yeah, it's nice......Say doc, I don't think my pills are working anymore....a few nights ago we were eating steak, oh that lady makes a fantastic steak, and well, I had the knife in my hand right? To cut the meat, and suddenly I had this urge to...you know.....pass it over my skin. I almost freaked out, I was like 'what the hell I don't cut' so I thought that maybe it could be the pills. I'm not taking anything else honest, but do you think you could like, up my doses a little bit? I'd feel a little better. Thanks."

To any just hearing Noah's conversation would've thought it was a normal session of a patient with his doctor, except for the fact that Noah was talking to the goldfish in Dr. Francine's office.

1 person likes this.
  24. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Mortimer sat in his little cushy room, feeling a bit sad. He was lonely, nobody hardly ever talked to him. His family never came to see him. But, he knew that the Messiah must suffer, that in order to be reborn he must first suffer complete pain. That is why he sat there, unmoving and accepting. Yet, he could never shake off the sadness. Of course, he was really saying this out loud. Like he was narrating his life. He always thought he was quiet, yet he could never control his talking. It was as if his tongue were on auto-pilot
    The cell door opened, and one of the nice white dressed ladies came in.
    "C'mon Mortimer. Time for your afternoon stroll."
    Mortimer looked up at her dully, and allowed himself to be literally picked up by her. He shuffled forward without much thought. He always tried to stay calm, because he felt that he had to be someone that the People looked up to. The People always looked up to that nice, reserved guy. Yet he kept muttering about the lady being a bitch under his breath. She had that annoying smile that he couldn't stand. He wanted to tear her face off, but knew that he mustn't do so. Not until he was reborn as God's child.

25. Bick

Bick New Member

Skye woke up from the drug-induced sleep, her eyes jolting open. The problem with the drugs was the lack of dreams, but she knew by the quick pace of her heart that there had still been one; Somewhere in her subconscious. She never could remember them. She lifted herself up, and instantly she could feel the twitch of her eye. It happened every few minutes that she was awake, it was something she couldn’t prevent. Much like the beat of a heart.

She closed her eyes and blocked out the sun. She hated how the sun hit her room. In fact she hated this room all together. She hated the pale blue and grey walls. She hated the blue spot that resided on the grey wall, it bugged her more then anything. She opened her left eye just slightly and looked at the cursed spot. She wanted to climb the wall and take it off with her fingernail, but she knew she couldn’t ask for a ladder. She didn’t want to look crazy. She quickly closed her eyes.

Her hands touched the blanket that surrounded her. They touched every bump, sending a spasm of anger through her veins. She more then anything wanted to sleep on the floor. The floor didn’t get bumpy, no it didn’t shove it’s unevenness in her face. Her body gave a shiver at the thought of the dust that presided there. Maybe not. she thought to herself, I’d rather bumps then dust. Though she wasn’t even sure that was true, as they had yet let her try out the floor.

She began to wiggle on the handcuffs, as she heard the footsteps of Mary. She felt a gentle hand on her wrist.

“You’ll be a good girl now I hope.” She asked in that sweet voice of hers. She nodded, and slowly opened her eyes. The sun vexed her as it hit her room in an imperfect square. She wanted to slice it off. As soon as the cuffs came off, she ran to the window and angrily shut the blinds.

“I like them closed Mary!” she snapped, biting her lip. Her left eye twitched, as she walked back to her bed.

“I’ll try to remember that Miss.” She quickly took a small plastic cup from her hand, and lifted it towards Skye’s mouth.

“Now open up, you don’t want me to get help for this do you?”

The young girl shook her head, and let the pills slide into her throat. She was quickly handed another cup of water. She gulped it down, letting the little pills down her throat. The insanity pills, or as she came to call them. She looked at Mary with expectant eyes. She quickly leaned down and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“Go on in the playroom.” She said with a genuine smile. She grinned, and ran off, first looking at the spot on the wall. I’ll get you some day. She thought, with a look of distaste on her face, One day.

Her left eye gave a sudden jolt as she went through the door, “I’ll kill you.” Her voice rang out. She took barely any notice, as what was it but a beat of the heart?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.