Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Jul 17, 2008
    [[OUTDATED]] Rules for the Poetry Contest

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Poetry Contest' started by thirdwind, May 10, 2014.

Just so we're all on the same page, here are the rules for the Poetry Contest. If you have any questions/suggestions about them, please PM me. I'm always open to changing the rules if enough members agree on it.

1) Each contest will start on a Sunday and end in three weeks on a Saturday at 11:59 PM EST. I don't want to be overly strict about the deadline, so as long as I have the poem before I wake up Sunday morning, it's all good.

2) All entries will be anonymous to ensure fair voting using the anonymizer system. You can enter a contest simply by posting your entry in the current contest thread. Entries will be de-anonymized once voting ends. Keep in mind that you're responsible for any formatting, spelling, etc. issues. See this thread for more info about the submission process.

3) Only one entry per member per contest is allowed.

4) The theme will be chosen by the previous contest's winner. If the member doesn't suggest a theme, I'll randomly pick one from the theme idea thread. In case of a tie, I'll use the theme suggested by the first winner who PMs me.

5) There's no limit on the number of words or lines, but please use good judgement.
    sylvertech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.