1. dclacey

dclacey New Member

my idea

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by dclacey, Sep 1, 2006.

hi there,

i've had this idea for a project called one page of fame, where i would sell the rights to each page to a different person, so for a small amount of money people can get thier writings in a published book... and then with all the collective money i can pay for the publishing.

i want to sell around 250 pages but i'm having trouble at the moment and have only sold 4, so many people have told me its a great idea but are still reluctant to join up.

does anyone have any advice for me where im going wrong or how i can improve my project or advertising?

thanks in advance.

danny

andrew smith likes this.
  2. cl0ud

cl0ud New Member

How much is it for a page?

andrew smith likes this.
  3. Mercury

Mercury Active Member

You could use a Publish On Demand service like LULU, that will make publishing easy enough. The problem is selling it. I doubt very much if people will buy a book of such fragmentary literature, the only buyers may well be the writers themselves. It may be best to go for a poetry or short story anthology - potential buyers may well be more interested then.

Better still, give it a theme or genre, like 'cutting edge sci-fi stories' or 'super-gore horror stories'. That might get peoples attention.

andrew smith likes this.
  4. cl0ud

cl0ud New Member

nice...

andrew smith likes this.
  5. dclacey

dclacey New Member

hey, cheers for your replies.

its £9.99 for a page, i've already sorted out a publish-on-demand service which is what i'll use, it definately seems the best way to go with this.

i'd love to have a chapter or so on poetry and cool stories like that but it seems difficult enough promoting the book at the moment so i dont want to limit myself to having the whole book full of horror stories for example.

would either of you be interested? or is there a way i can change the set-up slightly so you would be?

andrew smith likes this.
  6. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Post Amendment-- My apologies and good luck!

dclacey,

First thing is finish the book. Have a product to sell. Most people want to see what they are buying into. The fund raising idea is unique enough, but I do not see it succeeding without being able to deliver a review copy of the book. Ultimately, the success of the fund raising concept would depend on the quality of the book.

Thanks for posting

Note: I guess I need to clean my glasses next time I read a post. My appolgies. I misread your post. So I understand what you are saying now. It is still in my opinion unique. I have never seen it before, at least not from a legal point of view. Good luck with your project.

andrew smith likes this.
  7. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

This is oddly familar..
    Devaju.
    Anyway, so basicaly you give a person one page to write whatever they want on it?

I'll wish you the best of luck in it and hope it goes well for you.

andrew smith likes this.
  8. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

I don't see how I would get a return on my investment. Are you sharing the profits with the people that buy pages? Otherwise, I can't imagine what I would say in a page that would distinguish me from the other 249 pages.

The idea seems similar to the One Million Dollar Homepage though, and that eventually worked.

andrew smith likes this.