Paradeisos

Discussion in 'Archive' started by BlankLink, Mar 19, 2012.

1. BlankLink

BlankLink Member

Jack Bombas
    ======
    Yore frowned for a moment then gave a curt nod, ”Let's go then." He leaned over and using the still blood-spotted knife cut through the bonds on the man who had been helping her. "You're a lot less incompetent than you look, you'd be better serving in my army than working my fields. Join me.”

For a moment the man hesitated, Mira watched his face and turned so that Yore couldn't see her lips. "There are a lot of worse fates here. It's worth the protection, at least for a while." She whispered.

Pale grey orbs reflected back into his deep brown ones as he considered her words and rubbed his aching wrists. While Jack sensed a general lack for concern in this woman he couldn't ignore the advice. On the other hand, this barbarian had made a threat to eat him once, and the thought of eating flesh made his stomach turn upside down.

"Lets discuss this later."

"There will be no discussion," Yore said flatly, "It was not a question." He then jerked his head at his compatriot, "Chu'uvac. Have this man assist you in carrying Beil back to camp." With that he turned, placing his hand over the shoulders of the woman. "Good to see you, Witch, good to see you. I believe we have some matters to discuss."

Chu'uvac gave him a shove toward the shoulders of the wounded man, and a stern look. Jack pondered the idea of running, but as any good captain, he could not leave a man behind. Instead he dipped, cupped the armpits of the wounded, and awaited Chu'uvac to grab him by the legs. The other man gave him a confused glance, followed his gaze with his eyes, and came back. He knew that Jack had considered bolting. Then he reached down, and with an "oomph" they pulled the man into the air and hauled him off.

It wasn't a long walk, but traveling back to the camp was not thrilling. There was discussion between the Ice Witch and the military leader, and while Jack attempted to listen, the two stayed far enough ahead that strong winds, and his own thoughts kept him from hearing much. Carrying 80 kilograms of dead weight, up and down the rolling hills was not pleasurable to say the least; before long Jack remembered that if he were back on Mars this would have been a breeze. Of course, if he were back on Mars he would be relaxing in the Valles Marineris Hotel, sipping down a gin and tonic, and receiving a thousand credit massage. Do these people even know what a thousand credit massage feels like? The mere idea aroused him. Happy endings on Mars were usually spent in zero G and there was no better sex in out there in the whole 'verse than those little Japanese Martians could.

The campsite was urban tribal littered with an assortment of heavy tents, fires, and to Jack's surprise, playing children accompanied by mothers shouting after them. They were led through the site, and regarded with a sea of curious eyes; a gorgeous woman with extremely long limbs even approached them, instantly burst into tears, cupped her larger fingers over her face, and let out moans that were either in a language Jack didn't understand, or too muffled and incoherent. She was pulled away by others in consolation as the group made its way into a large tent.

"That is Beila," Chu'uvac explained in a low tone, "Beil's woman." Jack later learned that they were of some human subclass who sentenced couples for one's crimes.

The large tent was obviously a medical center, as there were a few others lying dormant on the floor next to where they laid Beil. The witch whipped her hair back behind her head, and used a piece of her jewelry to keep it tied that way.

"I need bandages," she said to Chu'uvac.

Jack aided where he could with the stabilization of this man, and while he felt he had more medical knowledge than she, he learned a lot from the use of the native herbs she used. Part of the way through, Yore was taken away from the tent as the arrival of the scavenger party demanded his attention, but Jack had a feeling of his approval. For some reason he could not explain, this filled him with satisfaction.

"We've had much success in capturing another dropsite and I feel festive. We will bring the slaves to the trenches where they will begin digging, and the rest of us will head into town and DRINK!"

The tribe let out a roar of approval, and went about their work in an excited clamor.

"A town?" he asked the witch, "I thought Paradesios was unoccupied."
    =====
    "Best thing I heard all day. I'm thirsty. I'm just going to love it here. No body to stab me in the back, no bossy loudmouthed superior, just complete freedom. Maybe living ain't so bad after all," said Tom.

Hawke lifted an interested brow, "What're ya doin', Pathos? Gettin' tired of monsoon season fillin' yer hole with fish?"

"Was that a euphemism, Hawke?" the android replied with genuine inquisitiveness.

Hawke gave a loud laugh and clapped him on the back. "I swear, droid, if you were any smarter you'd find us a way out off this hell."

At that moment, hell came. The three were surrounded with a sense of eerie forbidding as they realized during the distraction they had been surrounded by men dressed in camoflauge.

One's red eyes peered out at them from amongst the shrubbery. "Ssurrender. Or we will take your livess," the snake-like creature hissed as took aim with a readied sling shot. "I have hit a ssingle berry ass it fell to the ground with thiss. Do not take my sskill for granted."

2. Palo112

Palo112 New Member

Mira Pellios

-------------------

After her quiet words the man stared at Mira, she saw the familiar pattern of thoughts cross his face as he debated with himself, then she looked away packing up her bag and getting to her feet. What did she care if he didn't listen to her, many didn't, including the big chieftain waiting for a response. It was no concern to her if this new man got himself killed.

"Lets discuss this later." The man responded from behind her.

"There will be no discussion, it was not a question. Chu'uvac. Have this man assist you in carrying Beil back to camp." Yore's order cut through her own thoughts and the big man approached her slinging one arm around her shoulders. "Good to see you, Witch, good to see you. I believe we have some matters to discuss."

"I'm sure we do Chief," She responded cooly ducking out from under the arm. "With Monsoon season approaching there are preparations to be made."

"Yes there are," He grinned and started walking, she glanced back to be sure that the wounded man was being brought then turned to follow. "I've expanded as well, six more fields for the slaves to work." Yore boasted, obviously taking pride in this achievement.

Mira held a breath, six more fields. Yore was a very superstitious man, unsurprising seeing that the planet he came from was in general tribal and had a large belief in shamanistic powers. But because of this belief he had demanded her services ever since she had landed. Every year she was required to stop by his territory to place blessings on the new children and the fields for the winter seasons, and if she didn't show up he found ways to find her. This much of an increase would require more work than she normally did; enough to delay her from her next stop, which was where she usually spent the monsoons. "That is quite the expansion." She placated him after her silence earned a suspicious look. "It will take more supplies and more time, I have another stop to make before the rains start."

"Nonsense," He boomed. "Stay with us through the rains, in fact join my tribe. We could use your powers."

Once again she paused, this wasn't the first time he had made this offer, he always did when she stopped by repeatedly. She always ducked out, but he was never satisfied by her excuses. The only reason she wasn't forced to stay was his misapprehension that she was a witch. He feared her just enough to let her leave once her obligations were complete. "I am a traveller, Chieftain; there are other people who rely on my work."

"So you say," He muttered crossing his arms, "But the rains look to be coming early this year and you would be safe in my tribe. Stay with us, I won't take no for an answer."

A faint sigh escaped her lips, if that was true then she couldn't escape his offer. "If the rains are early as you say I will stay the season with you." She finally conceded.

"Good." The big man grinned and started walking faster. They spent the rest of the hike to the camp bargaining over the materials she would need for the blessings and what Yore would supply for her should she stay as long as he wanted and by the time they reached camp Mira was satisfied that she would be well paid in materials and supplies if she was forced to extend her stay.

The camp was as it had always been, only slightly organized chaos with children and pets underfoot and people working at cross purposes. Whether it be the wounded man or the new faces, their little group attracted a lot of attention. That only doubled when the sobbing mate of the wounded man made an appearance.

Mira ignored the peoples interest, many would know her as the Witch and any who didn't would soon learn that the Witch had a reputation for being icily aloof. Instead she followed Yore to the healing tent and gestured for the warrior and prisoner to put the man on the nearest empty pallet. She held her breath for a second, staring at the wounded man, Yore would not be happy if she let this man die, but there was only so much she could do. At least the brown haired man was still standing over the wounded,he seemed to have some knowledge of healing and the more help she had the better. When she breathed again she knew what to do. She quickly dumped her satchel, long vest, and walking staff on the floor and twisted her hair up onto her head, securing it with an intricately carved wooden shaft. Then she opened her bag and started separating out the little pouches that held her herbs. Without looking up she issued orders for bandages and recieved them. For a long while she simply worked, the new man assisting her, cleaning the wound, stitching what there was of the skin into place, and finally bandaging. Chu'uvac and Yore hovered over the work, but eventually some commotion outside pulled them away, leaving her to breath easier.

She was just securing the last of the clean bandage while her helper held her patient when a bellow from Yore finally broke her concentration. "We've had much success in capturing another dropsite and I feel festive. We will bring the slaves to the trenches where they will begin digging, and the rest of us will head into town and DRINK!" there was a cheer from the tribe and Mira finally sat back and looked at her handiwork. Not a bad job, she decided then noticed with a scowl that her arms were streaked in blood and some of it had fallen to her dress.

"A town?" The new man asked, addressing her for the first time outside of their exchanged orders while caring for the wounded. "I thought Paradesios was unoccupied."

She focused her pale eyes on him for a moment, then arched one eyebrow. "Humans build things. They've been dropping us here for more than sixteen years, did you really expect the prisoners to do nothing?"

He met her eyes but only shook his head at her remark. "Kill each other maybe, but build towns, no."

She rose to her feet and wiped at the drying blood with a cloth. "It depends on what you call a town, the one Yore is talking about is really only a small trading post and moonshine bar run by one of his rivals. He doesn't like the man but he'll drink his booze."

She felt his eyes bore into her back as she moved around the room. Finally after a second she turned on him. "Is there a reason you're staring at me?"

"You're very different, and a witch apparently." He responded without a seconds hesitation.

She pursed her lips and let the cloth slide back into the bowl of bloodied water. "Priest actually, I'm Illiosian," she supplied. If he knew anything of her planet or people then he would understand.

"Illiosian?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

She sighed and started to pack up her herbs. Apparently he didn't know. "I'm from Illios, we're all priests."

"Priests." He stated and she could hear skepticism in his voice.

"Yes, priests." She glanced back at him and shook her head. "The entire planet is of the same religion, and they take it very seriously. Every person is a priest of one kind or another, they're taught it as children, raised on it, and at a certain time they each choose the path they will follow and no matter their layman job they are still a priest. Being Illiosian is the same as being a priest."

"You speak like you're not one of them," he told her crossing his arms.

"I'm not. They have no use for priests that don't believe anymore."

He frowned at her, his forehead wrinkling. "How can you be a priest that doesn't believe? Isn't that required for the job?"

She closed her eyes, she didn't mind telling people about these things when they asked, but newcomers weren't usually inquisitive about anything other than how they would survive. "My job as a priest used to be to research other religions and find arguments to prove that ours was correct," Her mouth twisted in a bitter smile. "I know quite a bit about many religions, I travel around and perform ceremonies; births, deaths, weddings, things that people hang onto from their homes." She paused and stared at him. "My name is Mira, yours?"

3. Zenithgo

Zenithgo New Member

Pathos

“This one is known as Alzahza. He works for Raphe.” said Pathos.

The snake creator hissed at him once more, “Ssurrender, and come with me to the massterss. You are needed.”

“Ah, so if ya need us then it's safe ta say thatcha ain't gonna shoot us then.” Hawke concluded.

“Where as you have a point, I would not doubt this ones ability to use this weapon. On his home planet it is a favored hunting tool,” Pathos recited.

The proposition of going to Raphe's didn't seem all together unappealing, after all he had nothing inherently against Raphe and to his knowledge Raphe had nothing against Pathos. No, see the problem in Pathos eyes was that a gentleman standing in front of him was a Kulinian and whereas they can be trained to be civil they are still not classified as a class one species by the UGA. There were two reasons for this: first that they were a volatile evolution and second that they had done nothing to establish any form of civilized society. It is against galactic regulations to treat class two's perceivably different, also unwise to do anything to anger them and so Pathos willingly did as he was instructed.

The others didn't seem to come to this conclusion so easily, mostly Hawke, but even he after a tense few moments came around and said “ Hell, why not?”

They began to walk the way that the Kulinian had gestured. Raphe's was not too far away and so it was very little of a bother. Pathos thought about the arrangement he had come to with Raphe eleven years ago when he first got here. Pathos would preform some of the the more hazardous repairs and time consuming computation for the Terra-forming and in return Raphe would recharge Pathos battery twice a year, thus keeping him in full working order. Over the years he had become slightly more independent but still had contracts with all three tribe leaders from the old days, this both curried him favor and gave him responsibilities that he had to preform each season.

Sand shifted under the feet of the travelers as the walked along the dried river bed, though the guards and Alzahza had no problems with the terrain. The looming clouds that were rolling in looked like a wall of water.
    It may not be monsoon season yet, but it will be Pathos thought to himself looking out at it.
    Luckily, the way to Raphe's research facility from here would take them straight past Pathos new home, thus given him a chance to drop off the door he was still carrying.

4. Rockabye

Rockabye New Member

Myr

watched as the figures came closer to her spot of rest next to the soon to be filled dried river bed. Myr sighed as they didnt seem to be changing directions I Guess I have to play nice she thought. Myr would wait for them to speak as she moved herself more into view of the group, though quickly regretting her choice as she recognized the Lizard Guard as one of Raphe's she tried desperately to stay out of the 3 ringleaders radar, though as of recently it seemed to be getting harder and harder. Myr often thought if she had done something to peak this leader's interest.

" hello there Pathos" she said softly obviously ignoring the others mainly the Kulinian " I see you're getting ready for the wondrous rainy season?" she would add noticing the pod door firmly under Pathos's arm.
    "ah yes infact, though wondrous is not what i would call it" would reply with a sort of fake amused tone at the idea of yet another rainy season.

Myr had been on this planet only a couple years now, pathos being the only she found that she could stand for more than an hours company.

" Ahh makesss my job easssier" the Kulinian spoke stepping forward to address Myr " my Massstersss would like a word with you ssss, you are to follow me now" he would finish his form of invite and gesture towards the campsite.

Myr would raise a very unamused brow to the demand before turning back to Pathos " no tea then Im guessing? " she would give a glance to Hawke nodding in acknowledgement to him as if to say hello " that's too bad I was looking forward to tea" she would finally turn facing the Kulinian " I see and is your massster inviting or insisting?" her tone was mocking towards the Creature. This inturn would anger him
    " DO NOT TOY WITH ME LITTLE GIRL" he snapped taking a very aggressive posture. Squared up, the Lizard man would stand about 6.5 feet tall, Myr would only come to about his mid, she of course would now be directly staring at Lizard belly

" oh of course i mean no disssrespect, i wasss only asssking" she spoke in a polite tone though it was still obvious she was still mocking him.

"Lets be on our way then shall we?" Pathos interjected probably saving Mry some bruising and the Kulinian a headache.
    with a silent agreement Myr would follow in suit. First towards Pathos's house so he may place his door then to the campsite that is if nothing else went off with out a hitch. or at least the Kulinian prayed so.

5. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

Tom Wilde

“This one is known as Alzahza. He works for Raphe.” said Pathos.

The snake creator hissed at him once more, “Ssurrender, and come with me to the massterss. You are needed.”

“Ah, so if ya need us then it's safe ta say thatcha ain't gonna shoot us then.” Hawke concluded.

---
    Tom did the only thing he could, listen. It was best that way, he could learn quite a lot from their tone, mannerisms and whether or not he really was in good company. He was a doubting man, and that was something he held close. He listened to the man known as Pathos. The name reeks of pity and suffering, well chosen in that respect. He hadn’t a clue what the literal meaning of Alzahza was; frankly he didn’t want to delve into other races literal attachments to names. Although from the way it spoke he guessed it came from a family of snakes. Another example of peculiar actions of nature, in evolving certain species, he shrugged his response, and Hawke’s speech was certainly going to take getting used to. Being with his old group, speech was pretty much dull, interesting or regarded matters that really didn’t need discussing. They began to follow the Kulinian, he noted the sand moving restlessly beneath him, and Pathos for a machine seemed aware of slight changes in the weather.

The walk led them closer to the dried riverbed where, a girl who reminded him of an amphibian, with webbed feet, a breathing apparatus. She accordingly wore a wetsuit.

"hello there Pathos" she said softly, she then continued," I see you're getting ready for the wondrous rainy season?"
    Tom remembered that the machine still held the pod door. A form of protection against nature’s brutal force. If this rainy season proves tedious, I’m going to have to adapt fast.

She continued to ramble on, clearly irritating the snake/lizard being. Tom simply sighed, ‘Let’s just keep moving. Hi by the way,” he said to the girl, “The name’s Wilde or Tom. Choice is yours.”

Pathos agreed, "Lets be on our way then shall we?"

They finally continued on wards, stopping off at Pathos’ house to drop off the pod door, before progressing to this campsite. “I hardly believe where all just going to play happy families here….” muttered Tom.

6. Rockabye

Rockabye New Member

Myr

Would look with a start completely missing a third invitee " oh?! im so sorry, hello tom Im Myr" her tone was again soft spoken and almost child like, adding a low bow to her introduction.
    she doesn't seem to fit here Tom thought as she introduced herself. This made him ponder her true identity, because no one was sent here unless they were found guilty . All of Tom’s ponderings would cause him grow very quiet though in retro spect it probably shortened the walk towards Raphe’s Camp.

her water filled breathing apparatus gurgled as they continued, it was unbearably hot today making it almost excruciating to walk and breath. Her steps became labored as she slowly fell behind
    “ Get Moving !” the Lizard man snapped “ No More trickssss from you” he would glare with an almost delight as Myr begrudgingly took a step after step, her face would show unimaginable amount of pain as she tried to keep up.
    “can…we..rest..a minute?” she finally stopped falling to her knees she clasped her apparatus to adjust it, chocking sounds would emit every once and a while as Myr gasped for breath . the Lizard creature would seem very unamused, but knew if they didn’t his master would have words with him, very painful words if those he was out to collect didn’t make it.
    “ you alright Darlin?” Hawke asked moving to her side . Myr would nod a bit annoyed at the fact a new prisoner has now seen her biggest weakness
    “ yes… its…just …very hot ….today” she wheezed between breaths . Myr wouldn’t move until she got some water to drench herself in.

7. BlankLink

BlankLink Member

"My name is Mira, yours?"

"Cap-" Jack stopped short, considered his words, and said, "Jack. Jack Bombas." He extended his hand, and she took it with the reluctance one would would give to cleaning toilet bowls. "Illiosian, huh? Now that you mention it I think I have been by, or heard of it. Outer Sagittarius, right?"

"Yes," she said, pondering him for moment, "You must be a spacer to have heard of such a backwater planet."

"I must be."

She gave him a tilted glance, curiously investigating him with her grey eyes, "Why so coy?"

Jack gave a quick laugh, "I'm not being coy. I'm being cautious. You never know who is going to want to use you for what. I prefer to be underestimated. Its better for me."

"By saying so I'm going to be more cautious around you."

"Thats better for you, then."

"You've adapted to this planet nicely, Mr. Bombas."

"Why, thank you."

The tent flap was peeled back as Yore peeked back into the tent. "How is he?"

The Ice Witch looked back over Beil's body and checked his wounds once again, "We've stopped the bleeding but only time will tell us at this point. I've done all I can."

Yore looked from the woman to Jack, "Come. There is to be a celebration in town and you must taste Paradesian wine." He turned his head back to Mira, "Inform Beila of the well-being of her lover and meet us in town if you would like. Tonight we drink in the name of victory!"

Jack understood that only one near casualty was a good enough reason for success especially considering the dangers this world threw at him in one day.

He bid his farewell to the woman named Mira, and accompanied Yore to the town.

8. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Eere

"Sure, go to a mountain away from killer men. I like that plan!" The first female said climbing up his arm. The second swiftly followed suit. When they were safely aboad he turned and started walking. Eere headed slowly through the forest away from the dropsite and deeper into the forest. Weird noises could be heard from behind trees and bushes but nothing could be seen.

"Just a warning if you are on your own, the deep forest is a dangerous place. You would be wise to take caution." Eere warned, he was unsure why he was helping them, then again they hadn't done anything to wrong him yet.

The humans didn't say anything they just nodded worriedly. Eere new it was a longer route but he avoided going deep into the forest. He had fought some of the creatures in there before. Back then he had had a different form; a possessed guarr. They were rhino humanoids with 4 arms and a bad temper. Venturing through the deep forest he had been attacked by a huge snake like creature. He hadn't lasted long, the snake had swallowed his legs before biting him in half and burrowing into the ground.

He got less hassle in this form; it was either the fact he was the same size as a tree or that he looked like a denizen of the forest. It didn't matter which. This form allowed him to go unnoticed in the forest. At the same time it also meant he couldn't leave it without attracting the attention of scavenger parties or nearby settlements.

They were starting to leave the forest now, the trees around them thinning as they approached the river. Eere gazed into it as he remembered the ocean. He'd only seen the ocean on this planet once, well twice, but it had been frozen the second time.

"You may get a little wet." He warned the humans as he stepped into the river. Eere waded out the current pushing him only slightly. The river wasn't much of a problem, at its deepest it only came to his waist. Past the river the ground started to slope upwards getting rockier. They kept going until they hit a wall of rock.

"What now?" One of the humans asked.

"We climb." Eere replied punching into the rock, "Hold on tight."

He started pulling him self up, slowly making his way up the side of the mountain. As they climbed higher they could see further and further out into the valley. Reaching a flat area Eere stopped climbing and approached the edge.

"This humans, is Paradiesos." Eere said pointing. Down below they could see the forest they'd just come through. Eere started motioning to areas in the valley.

"There a three main leaders in this place. That's Yore's town to the west, to the east is Raphes territory and Arterus is somewhere over there. I belong to neither of the camps, but you two may be wise to join or at least check out each of them."

Eere finished talking and paused as a small fleck of snow landed on his face.

"Mmm the monsoons will be upon us in days. What do you want to do?"

9. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Trina Smith

During the long hike across the land of Paradiesos the three had found time to introduce themselves. The woman beside her was Isabella though she prefered the name Izzi. And the creature they rode was named Eere. He didn't speak much. He didn't have too. His, or rather it's, very actions proved him to be honorable. Well at the very least, safer then the convicts she had met.

Eere pulled himself up a cliff face. Trian was so freaked out she almost threw up all over him but she managed to get her stomach under control. Finally they reached the top and were able to see the forest they had just come through as well a beautiful ocean. The sight was so beautiful she almost forgot how much she hated being up high. The air up here however was much colder up here, than in the forest and it was getting close to evening time. She unwraped her "belt" and wrapped it around her bare arms like a shawl.

"This humans, is Paradiesos." Eere said pointing. His voice rumbled in a comforting manner. It reminded of the way her father had spoke to her when she was little.
    "There a three main leaders in this place. That's Yore's town to the west, to the east is Raphes territory and Arterus is somewhere over there. I belong to neither of the camps, but you two may be wise to join or at least check out each of them." He continued. He sounded a little digusted and sad. Then again she could have just been imagining things.

Something wet landed on her nose. Trina reached up and wiped her face. Then she saw the raindrops. No wonder she was cold! It was starting to rain!
    "Mmm the monsoons will be upon us in days. What do you want to do?" Eere asked.

Trina didn't know what to do. If she had her choice she would have just stuck around Eere as he seemed the safest thing on this planet but she figured he wouldn't like that idea very much. Finally she asked, "Of the three, which do you think is the safest place. The least violent?"

"The least violent would be Arterus, he seems to be some sort of mediator for the other two. The other two are roughly the same in terms of violence but Raphe has a habit of bein a lot more cunning. You may still want to just scout out the other two though, just incase they have something you want. "

Trina nodded thinking his words over.

"So how do you suvive on your own? What do you do during the monsoons?"

"I don't need to eat, I don't have to sleep and I blend in with the forest so no one pays me much attention." Eere replied as his body lowered into a sitting position,
    "I usualy spend the monsoons in the forest so they're not to much bother, just lots of rain and wind; it's the winters you need to watch out for. This place may apear to be lush and full of life but winter storms strike four times a year and thats when the real deadly beasties come out to play. If you haven't found somewhere to hide by winter your chances are slim. I might spend this monsoon in the ocean, it would be a nice change."

Trina grimaced wondering about her future on this planet. But she still had one last question before she did anything.

"Why did you help us?"

There was a pause as Eere thought of his answer.

"I'm not sure. Although it is nice to have some company for a change. If you want I could acompany you to see the leaders?"

Trina sighed relief. "Oh Eere! You have know idea how much I would appreciate that. With all the violent people and creatures around, I'm not sure I'd last more than a few hours." She overlooked the land and saw little fires being lit. Then she saw the cliff and forest that seperated them from the closest village. "Not to mention, I would probably get horribly lost." She laughed at her own lameness. Even though the situation she was in seemed dire, she couldn't help but laugh. Here we was sitting on the shoulders of a rock giant who walked and spoke and for some strange reason had found her worthy of his help. Maybe this day wouldn't end so badly after all.

10. BlankLink

BlankLink Member

Inssolent fish, thought Alzahza each time the girl badgered him, and delayed their progress. She smells of the sea... Alzahza wonders if this will make her meat more delicious...

He set Pathos ahead of the group, as he already knew the way, and kept an eye on the other ones. After Yore's barbarians captured the site, he knew that Raphe would be looking for some stragglers to take under his wing, but they were inconsequential, and Alzahza would kill them if need be. Pathos is what he was after: Raphe needed Pathos. Alzahza would be rewarded well for his capture. Perhaps Alzahza would eat fish tonight...

They pushed their way along the beach, its tides crashed rapidly against the sand, and Alzahza knew that a monsoon season would be here soon. His eyes searched out across the ocean; though he did not see a storm front it didn't mean there wouldn't be one soon. The heavy winds carried weather quickly on this planet, which led to frequent, and violent rain and snow storms.

Arriving at Raphes camp came somewhat as a surprise. Their huts were composed of branches, tarps, disguised with the natural flora of the planet, and reinforced with mud. The major thing that stuck out was the series of pods that had been stripped and turned into a distillery. In the distance men could be seen working away on some fields, and some were returning with baskets filled with grapes and other various fruits. The group was greeted with weapons, but when their eyes came across Alzahza they lightened their moods, and paid them little mind.

"Where is Raphe?" Alzahza asked one of the workers.

The man shook his head in response, "Not sure. Last I checked he was in the warehouse."

Alzahza nodded, took the lead, and brought them to a large hut in the center of the camp. Inside were large, makeshift containers filled with liquids of all sorts, and woman stomping away at the grapes being poured into a large barrel.

A tall man with a long, pointed nose, turned toward them, and swished his long, stringy, black hair from his narrowed face. He offered them a smile, which turned out to be more chilling than anything, "Alzahza. And thanks for comming, Pathos. Oh, and who do we have here?" His eyes drifted across the three men, offering Tom a simple lift of his eyebrows, and then smiled broadly at the girl companion, placed his hand in hers and gently pressed his lips across her knuckles, "My name is Raphe. To whom do I owe the pleasure?"

Usually the first thing everyone notices is Paradesios's impending danger; no matter which turn you take there is always someone poised to end your life. While there might be moments of beauty, and places of serenity, they are always short lived. At the end of the day one has broken a sweat trying to escape some near death, looked up at the setting sun, and realized they were lucky to still be alive. This is not necessarily a good thing.

Orange reds illuminated the hazy clouds as the sun began to dip behind the ocean. While the display of the changing colors was magnificent it left one with a sense of dread. Days are quick, and nights are more terrifying. All sorts of deadly hunters come out and prey on drunken townsfolk wandering home. Most people try to stick to groups, but even still, whole parties have been known to go missing. It was even worse after a monsoon.

"Arterus owes us big time after this," grumbled Meglesh, as she smacked a rodent sized insect crawling up her neck. Little did she know it was actually poisonous, and thats the kind of reason Hari had chosen her. She wasn't the type to ask big questions; she simply wanted to get the job done, get paid, and get fucked up afterwards, and if all went to plan that is exactly what would happen. With her skill in blades he felt quite comfortable it would. She was right, however, in that this job was going to require a large payout.

Hari gave a snort from his short snout; this was a normally habitual thing of his people but in this case he also meant it as an agreement. Who knew if the others caught the subtle differences in tonal patterns or not. He was a Pugaran. His people had stumpy, flat faces that were gnarled in odd places, and were covered in fur for the harsh winters of his home. And while he wasn't perhaps the best suited for this job he understood that his seven foot demeanor was good for intimidation.

"If it turns out anything like last time we won't get paid at all," Garren said, "You all remember what happened, right?"

The four others remained silent.

"Don't you!?" Garren insisted, "Found their bodies crushed to pulp. Entrails--"

"ENOUGH!" Hari snapped, "I will not have you spread these poisonous words. You either stay silent, and do what you're supposed to do, or I will kill you myself."

Garren was quite the opposite of Meglesh. He required so much explanation that Hari was worried that he would kill him by the end of this. However, he was Arterus's master hunter, and incredibly smart. Hari felt that his trapping skills would be incredibly useful on this expedition, but his lack of courage in this situation made him second guess that decision.

"You three," he jerked her snout toward some of the other hired muscle, "Keep to my right flank at ten feet. Garren, you take those two and cover at the same distance to my in front. Meglesh and..." he looked at the last remaining henchman, "you. You're with me. Scout says we're getting close. I want silence from here on out. Use the call if you see anything, or find the site."

They continued through the woods with Garren's expert navigation, but the party was as tense as an alley cat. Their eyes darted between each suspicious noise, and they walked with caution. For the first time since they left Hari was happy to have Garren along. He knew the woods, he knew how to evade, and most importantly, he knew how to kill anything. Hours had passed before he heard it. The low cooing tone of one of the planets native nightstalkers called out not but a few feet in front of him. He stopped and looked ahead for Garren, who was holding his hand up for pause. Garren's hand fell and beckoned him forward for a slow approach. Hari crawled slowly up to his side and Garren pointed up, and off into the distance through the canopy of tree leaves.

"There. Look. Thats him."

Hari cast his eyes in the direction of the finger and saw a tree-like man off, high into the mountains. He waved his companions forward.

"Everyone ready your dampeners. This is an energy based life form," Hari said lowly.

"We sure this is going to stop it?" Garren asked skeptically.

"Doctor Ots assures us so," Hari replied, "Now we must bring it alive, or theres nothing in it for any of us. Be careful people."

Garren quickly jerked his head at the spot again, "Oi. Looks like they're coming down."

Hari grinned a toothy grin that left all of his compatriots unsettled; his sharp teeth gleamed with terrifying intent. "perfect," he said lowly, "Alright folks. We ready an ambush. We're going to get this thing before it even knew what hit 'em, Garren, keep your eye out. Make sure we know exactly where he'll be coming down. The rest of you, here is what we're going to do..."

11. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Eere

"Oh Eere! You have know idea how much I would appreciate that. With all the violent people and creatures around, I'm not sure I'd last more than a few hours." Trina sighed with relief.

"Not to mention, I would probably get horribly lost."

There was a moment of silence as they watched the clouds rolling in. Eere could feel the moisture gathering, a few moments later thunder cracked in the distance as rain started falling.

"I don't like lightning." Eere rumbled, standing.

"I thought storms didn't bother you?" Trina asked swaying as he rose.

"They don't but lightning has a habit of interfering with my core and besides you'll get wet so we had better find somewhere dry."

He headed across the ledge, around the mountain to a cave on the far side. It wasn't very large going only a short way into the mountain but would serve to shelter them from the comming storm. Towards the back of the cave Eere sat down before lifting Trina off of his shoulders. She sat down opposite him drawing her blanket tighter around her.

Oh right, humans feel cold.

Eere started pulling logs from his form, building a small bonfire. He sat back his form freezing. Slowly his chest opened to reveal a small golden dodecahedron. It moved out of his chest on a rocky protrusion. Held over the pile of logs it glowed before firing a spark into the pile. The core retracted into Eere as a fire started going.

"We can stay here till morning."

12. Dissoni Allanacci

Dissoni Allanacci New Member

BIO for James Malachi

This is my character bio. I hope I don't interupt things too much.

Name: James Malachi
    Species: Homō sapiēn
    Previous Occupation(s): Amphibious Assault Specialist, attatched to a scientific research group on planet Mettos for protection and military guidence
    Description: Malachi is of average height at 5'10". His hair has grown out since his enlistment to a handsome length, so that his black locks hang almost in front of his face. His build would suggest otherwise, but Malachi is actually an athletic man. Appearences are decieving- He is quick enough, with strength to back it up. His green eyes stand out on his pale face that always seems worried, because Malachi is always absorbing his surroundings, ready for any attack from friend or foe. His caring heart is a curse, as it is what landed him on Paradeisos, because a vengeant heart compliments it.
    Charges: Treason, Murder

13. Rockabye

Rockabye New Member

Myr

...and then smiled broadly at the girl companion, placed his hand in hers and gently pressed his lips across her knuckles, "My name is Raphe. To whom do I owe the pleasure?"

Mry pulled her hand away in a polite but awkward manner creepy pedophile she thought " Iam Myr" she spoke with soft and mature tones. she would pull on her pink ribbon allowing her hair the fall around her face quickly wrapping it to cover the scar on her wrist. " I don't believe we've officially met" she glanced at the Lizardman with a leering glare " I was told that you needed to speak with me?" she pulled her focus back on to Raphe as she spoke.
    "we'll get to that" Raphe replied remaining vague and distant before turning to Talk to the others.
    Mry narrowed her eyes and sighed in frustration . this was a waste of time.I didn't really have anything else to do, but still! and that stupid Lizard lied! how rude, plus there was tea to be had. I know Pathos didnt like missing his tea not at all. Though I'm curious as to what the creepy pedoman needs with him, or me? or...well any of us? through this entire monologue Mry made faces, unaware other might be able to see them. And then i can have frogs legs for dinner.
    Myr realized that Alzahza had been watching her conversation in her head the entire time. she narrowed her eyes at him
    "can i help you?" she asked as calm as possible to the loathsome lying creature.
    " you look tasty" Alzahza said bluntly licking his muzzle with his long forked tongue. Mry gazed wide eyed at the barbarous creature. before moving off to take shelter next to Pathos. Trying not to interrupt Their conversation as she slide next to him looking back to Alzahza and sticking her tongue out at him in a very child like manner, before straightening up and listening to the conversation.

14. Zenithgo

Zenithgo New Member

Pathos

"Alzahza. And thanks for coming, Pathos. Oh, and who do we have here?" His eyes drifted across the three men, offering Tom a simple lift of his eyebrows, and then smiled broadly at the girl companion, placed his hand in hers and gently pressed his lips across her knuckles, "My name is Raphe. To whom do I owe the pleasure?"

Pathos watched the awkward display oh the two, both unaware of the others culture. Myr was in her world still a child and the act of putting ones mouth on another was vulgar even for adults. After a quick moment Raphe returned his attention to Pathos and Tom.

“Hawk who is your friend?” Raphe asked sizing him up.

“My name is Tom,” Mr. Wilde said in a tone that one could almost here the frustration in his voice.

“ It is very nice to meet you Tom,” Raphe said with a smile. “ Hawk if you would, please you and Tom feel free to look around Pathos and I have some business to discuss.”

Tom nodded and he and Tom walked away toward the fermenting tanks. Mry was busy trying to provoke Alzahza into attacking and from the looks of things she was getting her way. Mry and Pathos had quickly became friends a few years back when she had arrived. She, like him was a hermit and so they found common ground, she often would make enemies as mature as she acted sometimes her age got the better of her.

“ Well, I am sure you are excited to see why I brought you here. If you will follow me please.” Pathos could hear something new in Raphe's voice, he wouldn't place it but he knew he didn't like it.

They walked a familiar path that very few people even knew existed, Pathos being lucky enough to count himself in the numbers. A short walk from the wear house was a small structure with seemingly nothing of importance about it. Entering the door one could see a mud covered constructed room with three shelves all were mostly empty but on the far wall one of the selves could swing open reveling a dug out passageway leading down. Pathos navigated his way with skill ending in the biggest secret in all Paradeisos, Raphe had spent all of these long years and his considerables scientific talent developing a crop that could grow with no light and would have the needed nutrients to easily sustain life. With this he could make the uninhabitable habitable. There was only one real problem and pathos knew it. The crop (“Life” as it was known) was very susceptible to temperature change which was the reason that it was being grown underground, this how ever limited the quantity drastically.

“ I have found a way to grow this top side.” Raphe exclaimed proudly.

“But the season changes will kill it.” Pathos said

“That is where you come in my friend,” Raphe explained reaching into his jacket and producing a small EMP device. “Your processor and humility dampener coupled with the fermenting tanks can stabilize the climate around our camp and in time this entire Continent. Your small sacrifice will save the lives of many.”
    Pathos didn't like the sound of this, It would mean his destruction. Whereas he was an independent life form he was still governed by the three laws of robotic and in as much was unable to defend himself, so he did the one thing he could... run. He was able to traverse the passageways much fast than his pursuer but upon reaching the door way out of the hut he felt his legs power down and he knew that Raphe had used the EMP. Gripping the ground he was able to pull himself forward a few more feet. His chest plate would stop him from full shut down but he would soon lose vision, hearing, and his arms. As the systems shut down one by one he saw Myr and Tom running toward him. Then it all went black.

The next thing Pathos knew he powered on, his body doubled over in the corner of a low lite room but he was not alone. Tom and Myr were here with him. It was some type of holding cell. Pathos' system will still to weak to operate.

“Why, are we here.” Pathos queried

“I guess, they are waiting for something,” Tom explained shrugging.

15. Palo112

Palo112 New Member

Mira

-----------

Once Yore and the man, Jack, left the medical tent Mira sighed and covered her eyes with a hand. Yes, that man was adapting to life here very fast, and now there was a good chance she was going to be stuck here for a whole season, full of people, and children, and Yore, and now Jack. It wouldn't be easy.

She pulled herself together, Beila had been more than patient already. In fact she hadn't interrupted Mira's work yet. It was time to find her and let her see her mate.

Mira stepped out of the tent and cast a searching glance across the camp. Like Yore, it was barbarian. A tent city with little amenities and almost no sanitation. However the camp was more deserted than usual; probably more than half the population was down at the town getting drunk.

She found Beila a few tents away with a cluster of women comforting her. As soon as the woman saw the priest she flung herself to the ground and started wailing in her native language. Mira sucked in a breath and tried to have patience, at home no one would ever consider doing anything of the sort, everything there was far too formal. Even after three years of being here she still wasn't accustomed to displays of emotion.

By the time she and three other women got Beila to the med tent it was obvious that the hysterical woman wouldn't be capable of caring for her mate. Mira sighed and turned to Arame, one of Yore’s many wives. "The bandages will need to be changed in a few hours.”

Arame narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. She was a large woman, with forearms double the size of Mira's own and ruled the women of the camp with an iron fist. "Leaving us already Witch?"

Mira shook her head and patted her satchel. "Yore invited me into town and I will need to barter for supplies. My herbs likely won't be enough for this wound alone. Things will be much better if I can find some antibiotics to help it along."

The big woman eyed her suspiciously for a moment, then gave a curt nod and cast an eye at the quickly darkening sky. "I'll find a some boys to take you."

16. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

“Hawk who is your friend?” Raphe asked sizing him up.

“My name is Tom,” Mr. Wilde said in a tone that one could almost here the frustration in his voice.

“ It is very nice to meet you Tom,” Raphe said with a smile. “ Hawk if you would, please you and Tom feel free to look around Pathos and I have some business to discuss.”

Tom nodded and he and Tom walked away toward the fermenting tanks.

---

The ferment tanks, a catalyst of change, reflected in the universe and all life. Change was constant in that respect. The man beside him Hawke looked like he had seen a lot of change. This man would know a lot about this place. He found it may be useful to get some information, after all he was live the rest of his life here. He may as well familarise himself with the people and the world itself.

“So, how long have you been here Hawke and what is the situation with this planet?”

It wasn’t much of a starting question but for once Tom didn’t know what to ask, he was alone on a planet, his former allies had long since forgotten about him, he may as well start on a clean slate for all the good its worth.

17. Dissoni Allanacci

James Malachi

I derserve this.
    James closed his eyes as his pod dropped towards the beautifuly dangerous planet of Paradeisos. He didn't even deserve to watch the stars fly by his vision of the space around him. It was too beautiful, and James Malachi did not feel like he should witness even this. Fire licked at the base of his pod as it hit the atmosphere, warming the inside dramatically and increasing the pressure. No special technology was wasted by his previous captors on the equipment to prevent this. He was just a convict, anyway.
    Knowing what was about to happen, Malachi's instincts kicked in a few seconds before touchdown. He lowered his center of gravity to prepare for the impact. Not much room was alloted for this, but he managed enough to effectively slow his body down in the miniscule moments following the crash. Nevertheless, there was pain and dissorientation.
    Using his training, Malachi got his bearing quickly, and looking out the panel of his pod, saw two men running at him, one with a wooden spear, the other with a club. His heart thumped, and the farmiliar impulses rushed through his veins.
    Fight...
    A plan was now halfway formed in Malachi's head which was still pounding. After unstrapping himself, he crackped his pod's door open, pretending to not notice the men rushing him. Spear man took the opportunity to thrust the spear in from the side, missing completely as Malachi had ducked down and to the right. He then slamed the door shut, splintering the haft about midway. Without missing a beat Malachi was tackling spear man with his half of the weapon in hand. The man was surprised enough to fall with the asault. He struggled a little, but before the man with the club could close with them, Malachi's first aggressor had a hole in his neck and moved no more.
    Malachi jumped up and readied himself wielding a bloodied spear tip. Hot liquid was running down his neck now. Club man stopped his attack at the look of Malachi now. Perhaps this was not something that happened often, convicts fighting back so fiercely. The man resolved himself and rushed again, murder in his eyes. His body looked agile, making his club a weapon unfit, but it showed Malachi that he could not simply jab the half spear at him. A trick would be necessary to get away clean. Standing near the corpse, Malachi quickly gathered a handful of dirt and threw it at the other man's face. In his own anger and confusion, the man closed his eyes, covered his face, and tripped over his dead companion. A second later his neck was also pierced with the spear. For good measure, Malachi stabbed him again, as well as the other, before taking the club and running from the area.
    A thicket of trees was close by. Too obvious, he thought. They are cover for now, but any who pursue me will surely find me here if I stay. He weighed his options while running through the thicket. His head wound needed attention, but life was more immediately important. Adrenaline still pumped through his veins, so Malachi decided to, for now, simply run. He did not want to stop anyway. Killing was necessary, but the afterthoughts were never pleasant. he wanted to put it off for a while longer.
    So for a while, James Malachi ran, and ran, and tried his best not to tear up, or even think.

18. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Trina Smith/ Eere

The warmth of the fire and the knowledge that Eere was beside her, protecting her, caused Trina to be able to fall asleep without much trouble. But it was a short sleep. A series of excited squeals and pig like grunts caused her adrenline to start rushing. She jumped to her feet and drew her dagger only to have it knocked out her hand by something. The next second she felt of a cold edge of a blade against her throat. She stopped moving and looked up to see how Eere fared. He had easily dispatched two of the attackers who lay against the cave wall. Either dead or unconcious, she couldn't tell.

"Surrender or your friend gets her throat cut!" A feminie voice behind her yelled. Another creature with a pig like snout appearded beside her and pointed his crudely made sword at Eere.

I'm going to regrett this Eere thought, again. He raised his hands the way he had seen humans do when ordered to surrender. The female holding Trina stepped into the fire's light. She wasn't a pig creature like the rest. Her features were more cat like.

"Very well. I surrender."

"Smart move. Garren, keep your dampener ready incase it tries anything."

Dampeners? This is new. Eere wondered as they were shepparded out of the cave.

"What do you want with us?" Trina asked, knife still pressed to her throat.

"We don't want you!" The one with the knife hissed.

"But Meglesh! She'd probably fetch a nice price at the slave market!" Garren whined.

Trina gulped as best she could with a dagger to her throat. Slave?

"Of course she would!" Meglesh snapped. "You two are both coming with us!"

Within moments Trina had her hands tied behind her back. Meglesh pushed in her front and kept the dagger on her back at all times. The creature Garren followed behind Eere who for some reason wasn't running for his life. Why would he do that? Why was he protecting a criminal he hardly knew.

They headed across the plain as the sun started rising. Off in the distance Eere could see what looked like a town coming into sight. A town meant metal. Metal meant a new form, a stronger one. All he needed was for Trina to be clear then he could act. Eere stood up to his full height as they entered the town, villagers peeking out of windows at them.

The town was nice looking, for being handbuilt. There were several well built hutts and a high wall that appeared to protect the village from the elements. In the center of the town was a huge bonfire and several people laughed, talked and drank around it. To her left near the edge of the town was a fenced enclosure. About 7 or 8 men and women were inside. The slave market.

"Ok take the girl off to the slavers." The cat woman ordered. "She'll fetch a fine price at the next slave auction, I gather." Eere leaned down towards her.

"She stays with me." He rumbled.

"You don't give me orders giant." She snapped back.

"Fine, just remember the reason your not dead yet." Eere said his rocky face smiling. Fear flashed across the cat woman's face before she ordered them to stop.

"Arterus can deal with her."

The woman lead them through the village to a house at the end. It was a lot bigger than the rest so Eere didn't doubt whose it was. The door opened as they approached and a man walked out. Arterus. This particular town's leader. He wasn't large, not even really tall. But his eyes were sharp and spoke volumes. He appeared to be a smart man and was probably able to outwit most opponents.

"Hail, Arterus!" The cat like woman called out. "We've brought you the creature like you asked and a side present to go with him."
    She pushed Trina so hard that Trina almost lost her footing.

Arterus gave a half smile. "Very good. You can collect your payment over by fire. Darius will see you get a little extra."
    The creatures laughed greedily and hurried over to the fire.

"So, young lady. I'm tempted to just give you over to the slavers. But you have a look about you. Tell me. What can you give me in exchange for your freedom?"
    Trina struggled against her bonds. There was only one thing she could give; her skills as a swordsmith. She didn't like the idea of having to make swords out of crude metal, with crude tools. She especially didn't like the thought that her weapons would be used to kill people. But what other choice did she have? Be sold as a slave to... no she couldn't entertain the idea.

She put on a strong face and stood tall. "I make swords. Certainly better then the ones you people carry around now."
    Arterus nodded, obviously pleased. He then drew his makeshift dagger and cut her bonds. "Very well. As long as you continue to supply the market with swords you may remain free."

Arterus then turned to Eere and smiled, rubbing his hands together. "And you! Oh my, I have heard such stories of your strength, ablities! There is even rumor that you have a sort of heating element as your heart. Tell me, what do you think of having a place to live where you are welcomed with open arms?"

19. Dissoni Allanacci

James Malachi

A drape of vines and other foilage fell from the ledge which Malachi was now laying against, almost comepletely hidden from any who were not specificaly looking for him. It served well enough as protection for the few hours he allowed himself to sleep after attempting to treat his head wound. It was, although, not very successful. The bleeding had stopped, but there was a constant throbing in the back of his head, a distraction that could not be tolerated now.
    At dawn, or as near to dawn as Malachi could tell, he awoke, sitting up and reassesing the damage to his head. It didn't seem to be any worse, but the pain was still there. I need to find a doctor, some civilization. Fast.
    Picking up his club and securing the half-spear on his waist, Malachi left his sleeping hole, emerging to a stunningly beautiful scene. Lush trees rose to heights far beyond the norm on most planets, and the colors of the shrubery in the area were vibrant. He could see movement in the canopy as well as nearer to ground level, and he wondered what kind of creatures lived here. The curiosity ended there, though, as Malachi did not wish to waste any time whether he would have found a cute rabbit like animal or a hungry predator, so he started in the direction he had been following earlier. He just walked for an hour or so, admiring the landscape as well as being cautious. Anything could happen on Paradeisos....
    At this time what appeared to be the sound of running water reached Malachi's ears. he rushed over to it, for he had not had water since the pod drop. He had no means of carrying it, yet, so he was content to sit by this stream for a while, drinking his fill and humming a cadence to himself that he remembered from his time in the Marine Corps.

20. BlankLink

BlankLink Member

“So, how long have you been here Hawke and what is the situation with this planet?”

"Well," Hawke regarded him curiously behind the dark strings of his hair hanging over his hooded eyes as they walked through the rows of makeshift tanks, "Ah can't quite remember how long... awhile. Long enough--" he quickly cut down to a low tone,"--long enough ta know tha' Raphe, of all three groups a' criminals tha' live on this rock, is tha wors'. He's cunnin', deceitful, an' evil."

"And the others?"

"Yores men are tha ones we saw overtakin' the dropsite -- tha cannibals -- an' they're a scary lot unless ya make good with onna tha lieutenants. Yore, himself, is large, proud, and will rip yer eyes out for starin' too long, and tha's no exaggeration. Ah seen 'em do it on occasion.

Arterus ain' too bad provided ya cen give 'em some sorta service. Otherwise, he won' even look atcha. He's a this fer tha' sorta fella and I have to say he's quite reasonable. But don' think him a fool, mister Tom, tha' kinna logic'll getcha dead in no time.

Other then tha'? Don' go out into the wild be yerself, don' piss anyone off, an' try yer darndest ta stay unnoticed."

Tom gave him a cautious glance, "I don't know why you've been so helpful, Hawke, but I have to say its appreciated."

"Ya seem tha good sort, but," and he gave Tom a sober look, and continued in a flat tone, "Ah've been wrong before."

It was the serious expression on his face that suggested to Tom that he was trying to say something else, and Tom spent a moment trying to ponder exactly what it was. He was about to ask when the two were jerked away from the scene by a giant clatter of metal. Where Tom immediately rushed to the rescue, Hawke was just not that brave. He sank back into the dark nooks between the fermentation tanks, and contorted his body to fit in places he shouldn't, around between the tanks and the wall, and guilefully guided himself to the darkest spot where he stayed and watched until the commotion had resolved.

21. Dissoni Allanacci

James Malachi

James Malachi walked along the stream he had found, hoping to find some kind of food. If no kind of civilization was found before noon, he would have to resort to hunting, something he was never very good at even with a rifle, let alone the primative weapons he held now. That seemed like it would be unnecessary, however, because if there was any kind of town nearby, it would be close to this stream.
    After roughly two hours, Malachi changed tactics. Finding a tree taller than those around it, he climbed hoping to catch some hint of smoke from a village. As these trees were already tall, this rather large one took quite a while to climb with Malachi being careful and his head still giving him trouble. Near the top, he sat on a sturdy looking branch and caught his breath only to have it taken away again at what he saw. Not too far away stood a circlet of a metal wall surrounding buildings of the like, a small town. Not small, though, he thought. This must be rather big for a community of convicts on a convict infested planet. His stomach growled at the thought of a hot meal, driving him to be a bit careless on his hasty descent. He missed the branch his left foot was supposed to land on about halfway down the tree, and as a result Malachi plummeted another eight feet before catching a branch on his gut, slowing him down only a little. The eventual landing was not too soft, either, as the ground was covered in bits of twig.
    Malachi's back spasmed, and his vision blurred, but not a sound escaped his lips. Screaming would only attract the attention of beasts with which he had no intention of fighting off at the moment. After a minute of rest, he slowly raised himself up, grabbed his weapons again, and headed off in the direction he had seen the village. For his sake, he hoped they had a doctor. Even if Malachi had been a cat, his nine lives- and his luck- would be running out shortly. As he was indeed human, he felt like he owed the devil just to still be alive.

22. BlankLink

BlankLink Member

Jack Bombas
    ============

Rows of tables sat underneath tents made of scavenged parachutes where the convicts of varied races sat, eating their meals while speaking in quiet tones to each other, and stayed clustered in groups. Similar to the camp, the sea of eyes scrutinized him closely, and then the convicts would hiss amongst themselves in quick, and quiet tones; Jack began to get a sinking feeling in his gut which set every hair on his body on end.

Jack and Yore walked, followed closely by Chu'uvac, through the makeshift town, and as they did Yore boasted and chatted with nearly everyone. He was the type that radiated his emotions so that those around him had no choice but to feed from them. His big hands clapped the backs of some, to others he gave a wave and a booming hello from his deep voice, and the group of three quickly became a band of merry miscreants. Even Jack could not help himself but to laugh and joke with them. They made their way to the center of town where they could remain warm by the bonfire as the sun dipped down below the the horizon.

"Peon!" Yore called merrily, after settling down on a seat next to the fire, "Grab us some wine. That man there," he gestured with one of his giant sausage fingers to a man with a wooden cart, filled with large, wooden barrels, "Tonight we drink on Yore!"

This began a giant roar of approval, and Jack was forced from the group, without reluctance, to the wine vendor. The vendor peered over Jack with sunken, wrinkled eyes and his worn face remained solemn. "A keg?"

Jack shot a glance back at his group, then turned with a nod, "Yeah, we'd better have a keg."

He lifted the barrel with a grunt, and blamed his troubles on the fact he'd been floating in space for the past few months, and returned to the group of men. They all greeted him with another joyful shout, divvied out glasses to everyone, and Yore lifted his skyward, "To another victory! May monsoon season treat us just as kind!" And the group pulled their glasses to their lips and through back their drinks. Jacks mouth was delighted by such a soft flavor. The concoction tasted something of a mix between juniper and the smell of lavender, and even as he drank he felt a hazy, dream like state hit him. Instead of the drowsy, lightheaded feeling he expected to experience with such a drink, he felt alive, and invigorated.

Chu'uvac, who was sitting near him, came over and through an arm around his neck, "You saved my friends life back there."

Jack shook his head, "If it weren't for that womans knowledge of herbs-"

"Don't be so modest, peon," he said with a wide grin, "It won't do you any good."

Jack gave the man a tilted smile, "Then, I guess you owe me."

Chu'uvac gave a loud laugh and slapped him on the back, "Thats the spirit! Drink up, drink up! I don't want you remembering any of this by tomorrow."

So, the group drank together, exchanging tales, and laugher, and kept good company.

The night lasted so long that Jack barely remembered why it was so hard for him to peel open his eyes to the rays of sunlight pushing their way in. He did so with reluctance, and put a hand over his face to aid in the matter. The construction crew running rampant in his brain reminded him why he had previously promised himself never to get this drunk, and again he promised he would keep this vow in the future. Through the slits in his lids he scanned his surroundings, and was baffled by the scene. There was man laying on his belly not too far from him who had a head akin to swine, and just out of his reach was a glass of last nights' drink. The contents had been spilled over the wooden floor beneath them which led him to the shocking conclusion that they were in a building. The light came from a window set halfway up a wooden wall, and on the wall hung the disembodied heads of many different creatures. Jack was unsettled by their empty sockets all staring at him from every angle. This odd feeling was stopped abruptly by the muffled sounds of another humans' voice from a doorway behind him. Jack quickly pulled himself to his feet and crept to the door, and deftly pushed it open a crack.

".. swords. Certainly better then the ones you people carry around now."

Through the slit he could see a little asian woman, regarding a balding older man with her cold, black eyes. The man nodded in response, and cut some bonds loose from her hands, "Very well. As long as you continue to supply the market with swords you may remain free." He then turned toward another entity in the room which Jack could not see, "And you! Oh my, I have heard such stories of your strength, abilities! There is even rumor that you have a sort of heating element as your heart. Tell me, what do you think of having a place to live where you are welcomed with open arms?"

There was a long pause, and the older man shook his head and put his hands in the air, "You do not need to answer. I understand my men have treated you with a great disrespect. I take it upon myself to personally apologize. They can be somewhat... aggressive." He clicked the roof of his mouth with his tongue, "All I wanted was an audience with you. I feel as though we can mutually benefit each other. Would a deal entice you?"

At that moment, something stirred behind Jack. He turned and to his horror he watched the body of the pig rise like a zombie, and stare blankly at him with the same hallow eyes of the dead animals around the room. Jack almost let out a yell as it lifted its hands and began to peel its own head from its neck, when he finally realized the head was nothing but another decoration and the man beneath it was a sheepish looking Chu'uvac. He regarded the severed head in his hands with the most subtle of sideways glances. His lack of expression nearly caused Jack to laugh aloud, but instead he placed a figure to his lips, and indicated to the room behind him. Chu'uvac responded with a nod, delicately placed the head on the floor, and silently made his way to Jack's side.

23. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

It was the serious expression on his face that suggested to Tom that he was trying to say something else, and Tom spent a moment trying to ponder exactly what it was. He was about to ask when the two were jerked away from the scene by a giant clatter of metal. Where Tom immediately rushed to the rescue, Hawke was just not that brave. He sank back into the dark nooks between the fermentation tanks, and contorted his body to fit in places he shouldn't, around between the tanks and the wall, and guilefully guided himself to the darkest spot where he stayed and watched until the commotion had resolved.
    --

He had learned a little from Hawke, although the man was difficult to understand at times but that was something he could adapt too in time. So Raphe is the worst criminal on this rock, I’ll make a note of that, if I decide he needs to die. Just to shake things up. I best avoid Yore and his men unless I need too; cannibalism is not a way I want to die. I best keep on my toes if I go there. As for Arterus I could play into their favour depending on how I act, but that may force some comprise on my part, I may have logic on my side but this is a dog eat dog world. There are New Rules to live by. But then rules are there to be twisted. The sudden clatter of metal caught his attention, he immediately felt obliged to discover what the commotion was, he could see Pathos and Raphe had been arguing but before he could do anything he black out.

When he awoke, he was in a cell with the ones he had came here with. I need try and be one step ahead of these people.

24. Rockabye

Rockabye New Member

Myr

With all the commotion Myr had tried to make a run for it, but was soon over powered and captured she unlike Pathos didn’t black out, the scene moved slow as metal came crashing down and she watched when Pathos fell and his LED’s turning off, she faught what she could, injuring a Lizzard man in the process, but again it was all for not, she was eventually thrown into the same cold dark cell as the other two, Tom had been slumped in a corner when she and Pathos were placed there. Myr folded her knees until they were eye level as she sat in silence watching the two motionless figures, her breathing apparatus gurgled breaking some of eerie tension the quiet Dark brought.

As Tom stirred she moved a bit towards him crawling on her hands and knees, with a slow drawn breath she spoke “ you ok?” her tone was quiet with almost no sense of fear but her eyes would read differently as Tom lifted his head their eyes met, He could see the air of plighted youth in her opal eyes. She was afraid.” Are you ok?” she would repeat herself with almost a hint of worry “ er…yeah?” Tom spoke slowly looking over to see the still powered down Pathos “what happened to him?” he said now attempting to gain his bearings finding that his body was a bit achy, Myr would place a hand on his shoulder “ don’t move yet, they were a bit rough with you, getting you in here” she would look to Pathos once again with a sigh “ I dunno, I…just watched him fall.” She would move into a more sitting position removing her hand from Tom.

“ so how long was I out?” Tom finally asked after a few minutes of quiet exchange between them. Myr shook her head “ not too long, but its hard to tell the time here “ with a huffed laugh she looked to him “ welcome to the Planet, better welcome than I got. Well, more exciting in the least” Myr would force a laugh at her statement. She would take the pink ribbon off her wrist placing her hair in a ponytail. Tom glanced at the deep scar on her wrist. Noticing his staring Myr quickly moved and stood up moving over to Pathos “ time for us to get out of here” she spoke in a very matured tone than before. As she leaned into Pathos she would hit a very small very hidden button that matched the rest of his body. With in the Minute Pathos’s ocular shells began to move as he was alive again. Myr would sigh slightly in relief that was way to close a call, next time none of us are going to be that lucky.

25. Zenithgo

Zenithgo New Member

Pathos

Raphe paced slowly rubbing his hands hard against his temples. His mind raced with possible outcomes, each less likely than the last.
    “Why didn't you jusst take the partss that you needed when it was dissabled?”
    “I am not that foolish. Even with an EMP, his shielding protects his core, thus he is not fully powered down.” Raphe explained
    “Sssso? he wasss weakened.”
    “His fail safes would have blow us all to hell.” Raphe says dropping his hands to the side in frustration. “No, we need those prisoners to kill him and take it, It is the only way.” he continued.

The next thing Pathos knew he powered on, his body doubled over in the corner of a low lite room but he was not alone. Tom and Myr were here with him. It was some type of holding cell. Pathos' system will still to weak to operate.

“Why, are we here.” Pathos queried

“I guess, they are waiting for something,” Tom explained shrugging.

No sooner was this spoken than a note was slipped under the door, Tom being closest to the door was the first to read it, he silently handed it to Mry. Both looked saddened but the feeling did not make sense to him now perhaps it was due to the fact that they were in this small room.

The room was cold and not getting any warmer. Finally Mry, handed a paper over to Pathos, even in the dim light he could make out what it said in big block letters.
    NO FOOD UNTIL THE ROBOT IS DEAD.

“But I do not wish to die...” Pathos said softly letting both the paper in his hands and his eyes drop to the floor helplessly.