1. Killer300

Killer300 Active Member

Paralysis in Writing from Sex Scenes?

Discussion in 'Erotica' started by Killer300, Nov 20, 2015.

So...

In the process of Nanowrimo, I'm now writing, at minimum, four stories with explicit sex scenes, and possibly soon five. The thing is, sex seems to creep into every story, as if it just comes out nowhere. Oddly, two of them are erotic horror, which is not exactly a common genre(yes, they do have genuine horror elements, or at least, theoretically.)

Why does it matter? Well, as one can see with the title, damn these are hard scenes to write. I don't want to just skip over them, they're too important to the plot, and in the case of one of them, its become entirely about them. It'd be like removing all the fight scenes from a novel starring soldiers in war, and replacing it with terrible dialogue and teasing the reader with a promise the book never delivers on. Doesn't help that, for all I suck at writing them right now, they do take a lot of words, which is nice when you're trying to get words.

Anyway, has anyone else found themselves just... stumbling into an erotic novel, if you will? Its awkward in my case because I just feel woefully unprepared to write them. Doesn't help my last attempt to write sex here seemed to show I was umm... not exactly stellar at it.:oops:

2. Commandante Lemming

Commandante Lemming Contributing Member Contributor

3. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

There are two things I find difficult about them:
    1. Choosing words for genitals, because I hate pretty much all the words for genitals. Including 'genitals'.
    2. Showing them to people I know.

Other than that, I don't get how they're more difficult to write that any other scene?

Cave Troll likes this.
  4. SkadiaTrazon

SkadiaTrazon New Member

There is an art to it. If the sex itself is important, but where he blows his load isn't. Perhaps try writing up to it, get almost all the way in, then skip to the end. (all puns aside here). It shows the act without going into full detail. You could also use that as a place holder and maybe touch up on it later if need be.

5. cydney

cydney Banned

I love erotica. I love sex (scenes). But I don't have any advice for you except to be honest. Be very honest! Best writing in the world! Especially when it comes to sex, love, romance and erotica.

6. Cave Troll

Cave Troll Bite the bullet, do your own thing. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    You should not be paralyzed from writing sex, it is part of life and very natural. The hardest thing I have found when trying to
    write anything with any form sexual atmosphere, be it the simple act itself or other more intricate things such as SM.
    What do I call the fun bits without sounding clinical, or at the other extreme too comical. There are plenty of slang terms
    for both the penis and the vagina, but how do you find something in the median from cock and pussy? Let alone for everything
    else that one might wish to describe, depending on what they happen to be licking, sucking, etc. Try being poetic, and you will
    be accused of being flowery. Being hard and blunt, too vulgar. And too simplistic, too clinical. At least that is what I have learned
    in my exp. Makes it really hard to get it right when you can't really win.

This however does not mean give up, but simply keep experimenting until you get something that you find up to your standards and
    are comfortable with.

And if you happen to be an octopus or a squid, simply rip off your arm and thrust it violently into your mates head/body/whatever
    an octopus/squid female has as a sex organ. (Don't worry the sperm filled limb will grow back). :supergrin: