1. Vision Maker

Vision Maker New Member

Passion for writing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vision Maker, Jun 25, 2012.

Hi all, I just want to see where others are on a level of a Passion for writing here. 1 means you hate being here but need help for assignments, 10 meaning you live it breath it and do it all the time. I'm a 10 what would you call yourself?

2. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

I would have to say 10 to the umpteenth power. Writing is something I do everyday, at lunch and on my breaks. On my days off I walk down to the library or campus to work. If I don't write, I end up with a backlog and begin to act like someone, who has been denied their coffee. It isn't a pretty sight.

- Darkkin

3. louis1

louis1 Member

2/10 I fucking hate writing. but for some odd reason, I'm writing a novel. no one asked me too, no one is helping me and no one keeps me going. I'm just doing it, because I love creating stories.
    Still I write the best I can, even if I hate sitting down and doing it, when I'm done it feels great.
    I'n all honesty I started as a 0/10. and I'm now at 2/10 so yeah, I guess one day i'll love it.. in like 5 years.

4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I dunno. I love to think about my characters, think about scenes they could do, etc, but I never seem to sit down and write, so...4/10?

5. lallylello

lallylello New Member

That moment when inspiration hits: 10/10
    Getting the first draft down when the pen is pretty much flying off the page: 10/10
    Struggling over a sticky bit: 7/10
    First edit: 6/10
    Fifth edit: 1/10
    Someone reading it and liking it: straight back up to 10/10
    :D

6. Cassiopeia Phoenix

Cassiopeia Phoenix New Member

8/10. Sometimes I am really drained and even switching projects won't help me out in the slightest. Even though I am always thinking about what to write next... But the days where I don't have a new idea in any project and don't write at least 1,000 words is very rare.

7. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

These days I have a lot of work to do and a slight illness is costing me some sleep, so I'm tired all the time. Under these circumstances, I'm about 6/10. Normally, I'm 8/10 to 9/10. I hit 10/10 at the end of my last edit, when I can read my whole short story aloud and know that every last word is right. That's a great feeling!

8. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

about a 15, i guess...

10. MeganHeld

MeganHeld New Member

I don't even know how to rate my passion. I have been doing it for 12 years now and have written at least one book every year. I would say a 9/10 because someday's I just don't write...sadly.

11. SparkIdeaRevelation

SparkIdeaRevelation New Member

I'd say a 10 except for the whole writing all the time bit. It's more like; I think about my story and get all excited and full of urgency to continue writing it, but then when I have the time to do so I end up doing something else that doesn't advance it in any way. It's pretty silly and juvenile actually, even more so that I'm AWARE of it. Ugh. I'm a work in progress.