1. SilentJane

SilentJane New Member

Pen Ready and We Begin

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SilentJane, Jul 24, 2008.

Hi,

Where are you from, and what do you like to write? How did you find us, and is there anything specific that you're looking for here at WritingForums.org?
    I am a writer and I really love constructive criticism. I know I have a long way to go and I just like people to read what I write. I love hearing comments and even the ones that bash you in the face with cold reality... but I still love to hear it.

I am from NC, and I love to write anything...from horror, drama, and Romance. I found you by looking up a writing forum on google. Because the last place decided that it was the end of the site. Therefore I needed a place to write and I found you guys.

About me other then writing.
    I am a full time student. I read manga, and watch anime. I am an avid movie activist, and I am not afraid to tell you about any of the newest releases. Also I am democratic, however I refuse to support the democratic candidate at this time. Any questions or opinions you might have, please feel free to ask.

Thank you for your time and patience. Sincerely, SilentJane

2. Crimson Threnody

Crimson Threnody New Member

Welcome Aboard! I believe you will find us all willing to dig our hands into some constructive crits. Hope to hear more from ya

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Heyur SilentJane, and welcome to wf.org. I am Heather and can usually be found on here daily, so if you would ever like anything reviewing, want some help or would just like to chat, send a PM or message my way and I'll see what I can do.

I hope to see you around here some more.
    Heather

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Jane, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Not too silent, I'm relieved to see!

Posting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

Welcome! :) Looking forward to reading and reviewing your material. Enjoy your journey.

6. penhobby

penhobby New Member

I was about to say the same thing Cogito.
    Welcome to the forum SilentJane I hope you enjoy yourself here, and I look forward to reading anything you write. If it's half as entertaining as your introduction it should be hoot, so send my way.

7. Pix

Pix New Member

Within the unlimited potential of my own mind
    Welcome SilentJane :) I look forward to seeing your work

8. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome :)

9. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

[​IMG]

10. SilentJane

SilentJane New Member

Wow, thanks for being so nice and welcoming. I know on some sites that maybe one will welcome a noob, everyone else shuns them. Anyways, yeah I'm not as silent as my name bestows upon me. But really thank you all for being so kind! I am sure I will fit in just nice here. Thank you for your time.

11. WhoWatchesTheWatchmen?

WhoWatchesTheWatchmen? New Member

Welcome! :D I found this site via Google as well! High Five!

12. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

^^me Too:D Welcome:)