Personalities

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mercurial, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Tell this to my career management teacher. She swears that the discovery of our own personality is the key to happiness.

2. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

Are there no INFJs here?

I was scored as an INTJ, but the T preference was only by 1%, and I normally get an INFJ, so, yeah.

---
    About 1-3% of the population are INFJs.

creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

3. SonnehLee

According to this, we compliment each other the best. :D

4. Aristocrazy

Aristocrazy New Member

marina im ENFP! marry me, ill give you some of my onions!!!! cause two is enough for me!

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I have my own test!

Fonzie factor ~ 62% Geek, 38% Cool

Smartie-pants factor ~ Know more than 51% of humans alive today, know less than the other 49%

Natty dresser factor ~ 89% chance of catching me in jeans, tee-shirt and sandals, 11% chance of catching me in a button up and tie.

TV viewing factor ~ 99.91% chance of watching science or science fiction, .09% chance of watching Grey's Anatomy.

Yup, there's me! :D

6. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Tell your career teacher that NaCl says personality profiles are nothing more than snapshots in time, subject to change based on one's life experiences. They fail to provide a strong basis for career planning. As often as not, they cause unhappiness by pigeonholing people into career paths that ultimately build tension and stress as people attempt to live up to some foolish expectation. IMHO -- many, if not most, high school seniors would be better served by advice to go experience as much life as possible BEFORE settling in on a career path. That can be done in college, vocational schools, traveling the world or through volunteering in civic organizations. It is the experiences in life that reveal our true vocational interests...not some silly psychometric test results.

7. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

I don't get the onions thing, lol. And no, emotional guys have been stressing me out lately. I need more T and less F, lol.

Cool, Emily. :)

8. SonnehLee

I said something similar to that (minus the coherence) and she got angry with me. We didn't even take the real myers-briggs test, which I offered to bring in (since we've got the book version) and she said our class was too stupid for it. :(

9. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I took this test in highschool and got a VERY different result. I used to be an introvert. Something happened somewhere... :)

10. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I found it to be scarily accurate. Of course, some things were off, but for the most part, I would describe myself as an INFP.

11. NaCl

You challenged the premise for HER career! LOL

12. NaCl

Blame it on the test...IT changed you! LOL

13. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

I have to agree with Kratos, thoug I'm an ENFJ (i think :p) :D

14. zorell

zorell New Member

That's never happened with an online quiz:eek: It described be to a "T." It's like my mother wrote about me and gave me the link to the site. That is really friggen scary.

Oh, I am a true INFP:D

15. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

I got INFP, too. the "questor"... but i wonder... I seem really down the middle on the FP part.

Introverted (I) 66.67% Extroverted (E) 33.33%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Feeling (F) 52.78% Thinking (T) 47.22%
    Perceiving (P) 54.84% Judging (J) 45.16%

16. zorell

zorell New Member

I didn't even pay attention to the numbers, I just read the appropriate description, and it was sooo me:D I was able to pick out recent events from my life:D

17. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

Yay Wreybies! I like your test!

Fonzie factor ~ 82% Geek, 18% Cool

Smartie-pants factor ~ 96.8% cracking jokes at everything, 3% taping "smarties" candy to my jeans, .2% completely inappropriate jokes

Natty dresser factor ~ 84% chance of blue jeans, 6% chance of wearing my 'pretty clothes', and 10% chance of juvenile t-shirts.

TV viewing factor ~ 76.2% chance of watching Psych, 22% watching Bones, .0000002% watching reality tv, especially the ones with 'models' or 'celebrities'.

Yup, there's me

18. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

As was I. :) I was able to remember things I'd done even just yesterday --and even today, now, as I recall, how much it reminds me of me.

MEMEMEME. I've created a ME-MONSTER. :D

19. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

yay me~ the INFP! this test proves my awesomeness~! :D

20. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I'm noticing that many of us are either INFP or INTP. Introverted, intuitive, and perceiving. This really interests me. All seem like good qualities of a writer to me, but then again each opposing quality can be argued as well.

I propose the question, are there characteristics of a writer, in your opinion? What are they? What makes someone with this typical 'personality makeup' want to write? ... I love this. (Feel free to reply or just mull it over in your mind --I'm doing the latter.)

21. HKB

HKB New Member

I used to think I was INFJ, then I went to INTP, and now I'm leaning towards INTJ.

All I know for sure is that I'm introverted and intuitive.

22. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

As writers, shouldn't we know better than to try to pigeonhole people into sixteen categories? Every person is unique. Furthermore these tests are far from perfect.

Why accept an arbitrary label stamped on your forehead? Have we learned nothing?

23. zorell

zorell New Member

I'm not pigionholing myself, I just found it uncanny how spot on the description was. It wasn't exactly me, but it wasn't exactly my "evil twin" either.

24. HKB

HKB New Member

I think personality typing is a great and fun way to understand others and build characters. I like Jung's types and the Enneagram. I don't think typing implies that people aren't unique, not at all, but how unique are we anyways? not as much as we like to think. No attempt at categorization is perfect. It's not science. It's human nature to label ourselves. We categorize and sort people according to internally or externally referenced compartments.

25. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

Because no matter what I call it, the description of my result fits me almost perfectly. :eek: