Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gigi_GNR, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

The endless Brett Favre hero worship. My entire life this has been going on, and just because he is a future Hall-of-Famer does not mean he is football Jesus. People, STOP.

2. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

When you've almost gotten over something, then you get reminded of it and you are depressed again. :(

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

This has just happened in a big way for me, so I'll second it.

Also, people who say they forgive you for something and then bring it up in a later arguement. Folks, if you forgive someone you just don't do that.

4. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Politics.

Specifically, far right Republicans and far right Democrats. You know what you've done now? YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR.

There has got to be a time in the very near future when these leaders will sit down together and just decide on what the **** reality is. That's the first step.

I feel like I should be keeping up with the news because I, as a young person, will reap the benefits or pay the consequences the longest and the hardest, but I cant listen to CNN, MBC, ABC, FOX, or any other bull**** media corporation of any medium anymore because it becomes a pride-fight between conservatives and liberals and I really dont care if you think you're right --I care that something, eventually gets done.

5. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

^ on merc's, biased media that claims to be unbiased. almost all news sources today have some personal bias projected through their work - yet all claim to give you 'just the news' or an 'unbiased truth', which is, of course, total bull. i think i wouldn't mind as much if there was at least one news source that either really did just report facts or fessed up to being biased!

6. lessa

lessa New Member

people who expect volunteers to be at their beck and call.
    I am the rod and gun club membership representative.
    I get calls for how do I sign up.
    They say they will be over so I get everything ready straighten up the mud room an wait. Sometimes 2 days later I get another call. No apology no nothing just wait for them again.
    I have actually had a couple people get upset because they had to leave and go to the bank because I don't take visa or have a bank card machine in my home.
    I am a volunteer and doing this because being disabled I am usually here during the day and evening.
    They even get upset when I say I don't answer the door after 6pm when my husband isn't home.
    We live in a very safe quiet town but I am here by myself and it is tempting for thieves to come in.
    I wish people would use more common sense and courtesy when they want something.

7. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Seconded. Or...thirded, maybe.

That is really ridiculous, Lessa. People like that need...a stern talking to.

8. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

Crazy Gina the Bag Lady. She is back. She asked ot use the phone book. I gave it to her. She can't find what she was looking for she pushed the phone book across the desk and "Well you find it!" Hello...looking up shoe stores for crazy people is not my job. It isn't my fault she was looking in the residential listings for a business. I am glad Jay was here and looked it up for her. She drives me nuts. She acts like I am HER secretary to make photocopies and look stuff up at her leisure. Last time she used the phone I had to actually clean it because her crazy makeup got all over the receiver and grossed out the next person to use the guest phone. And...she smells worse when wet. Ok...enough non-christian-spirited petty rants.

9. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I don't know how you put up with it, Mina. I wouldn't be able to.