1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Staff Contributor

Pheonix's Progressive Descent Into Madness (Otherwise Known as Writing)

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Pheonix, Mar 24, 2015.

I am writing again! XD The inspiration has called me to write big sweeping sci-fi, and I must answer.

Project Name: Far Skies (For Now)
    Work Count: 10,833
    Page Count:22 (in word)

As it stands right now, I have 10K words, and a pretty solid idea of where its going and how long it will take to get there. Its just a matter of getting there I suppose.

Right now, however, I have spent the last two hours writing, and I just seem to be running into problem after problem and not making any progress :(

I am however fleshing out the universe in my head and working out potential inconsistencies. Hopefully I'll be able to start making progress forward soon though.

I also hope that this rambling little progress journal will be of some benefit to me.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    minstrel and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. domenic.p

domenic.p Banned

Normal WC per page is 250...you have about 40 pages done. This will help you:
    Write in three sentences what the story is about. Just make notes of ideas for the story you have. These you can place into the story as needed. Just make sure the story is going in one direction. Little sub stories along the way also help, but they must be closed before you end your main story.
    You have a beginning, middle, and an end. Jump around these three sections as you write. You don't have to start at page one, and write through the last page. Build it up in little sections at a time.

Pheonix likes this.
  3. Pheonix

Work Count: 12,083

Idea's are flowing!

There are so many different POV's that I'm working with already, and keeping them all straight is a little bit of a project. But its a lot of fun too. Working on the different characters parts non-linearly seems to be helping me keep moving.

I am also reconsidering order of events somewhat in an attempt to make the story flow better and be less choppy.

I kind of feel like I'm moving from set piece to set piece like the campaign of a Call of Duty game. I think I need to slow it down and develop the characters better instead of running ahead to all the cool scenes. Must be patient.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    GingerCoffee likes this.
  4. Pheonix

Word Count: 20,200

I just cracked 20k words. Feeling pretty good about it. XD

I think I've settled into a rhythm with my characters. I've been going back and fleshing out more of each characters story, and expanding previously short sections. Its starting to smooth out I think, starting to sound like an actual novel instead of a particularly breathless recitation of events.

Also, the overarching plan is coming together, and separate characters are beginning to converge to the point where things really get going. I'm looking forward to that.

Just gotta keep going.

Must keep going!

5. Ozzy

Ozzy Member

You're making some good progress! Keep it up! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that sometimes runs into problems with my order of events!

Pheonix likes this.