Tags:
  1. Hazel B-S

Hazel B-S Member

Piercings

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hazel B-S, Jan 5, 2014.

Does anyone on the forum have any piercings? I have my nostril, septum, labret, 3 on one ear and one on the other. I used to have my belly button but it rejected, and I also had my rook but it ripped out, it was so gross! lol

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

When you drink water, do you emulate a lawn sprinkler? ;)

I had several ear piercings (four left, one right), which I let close up a few years ago. Nothing more exotic than that.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Standard ear piercings (not gauges) and a piercing only boys can get. ;)

How did your rook get ripped out? That's a pretty well protected area. :(

4. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

I used to have 2 piercings in one ear. I chose to have 2 because earnings are sold in pairs.

Patra Felino likes this.
  5. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Just a piercing on each lobe (See avatar :p)

I want something more fun and exotic but I don't think I'll ever actually get one.
    Not really for me.

6. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

I had my ears pierced, but they caused so much pain and infection. At one point, an earring back slipped INTO my ear, and Mom had to dig it out. After that, I never wore earrings again, ahaha.

My friend has had her ears pierced 5 times because the earring holes kept closing. I don't know how she does it! :eek:

7. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Used to have several on my ears, but when I became serious about combat sports and reality based self-defense, everything went. I don't want anyone to use them againt me on the tatami...

When I was 14 I tried to have my belly pierced, but got caught. Oh how wronged I felt when a friend of mine got hers done -- paid by her grandma, and she even came along with my friend to the parlor.

8. Alesia

Alesia Pen names: AJ Connor, Carey Connolly Contributor

I have three in one ear. Never went for any more because piercings aren't really my thing. I'm more into tattoos.

9. Alesia

Alesia Pen names: AJ Connor, Carey Connolly Contributor

Bet that hurt like hell! :eek:

10. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

Eeeeeoooooowwwww.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

11. Wild Knight

Wild Knight Senior Member

Only ever in my ears... and only twice, the first time at eleven, the second at eighteen, and both times, they got infected.

Never again. Too traumatizing the second time.

12. Wreybies

Is it bragging if I tell you I went back two weeks later and had it redone (after I took out the original and let it heal) because I didn't like how off-center it was?

13. Fitzroy Zeph

Did they get it right the second the second time around?

Wreybies likes this.
  14. Wreybies

Yeah. I was much happier. Said kind of piercing can never be perfectly centered due to anatomical structures that contraindicate such a placement, but the first one was just way too off. The gal who did the second one also knew to use a piece of jewelry one gauge up (...or down, lower number thicker metal) from the piercing needle used in order to "seal" it tight and there was next to no bleeding during healing.

15. Fitzroy Zeph

As my teenager would say--TMI dude.

16. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

I have a good smattering of them... most have been done long enough that they might shrink a little, if taken out for a period of time, but they never fully close. The only ones I keep in permanently are nipple and navel, and a flesh tunnel in my right ear lobe. (Not a huge stretch...just big enough to comfortably park a pen.)

Like @Alesia, tatts are more my thing.

@Wreybies... yep, I found that worked well as a technique. I actually did the opposite with the conch of my ear... big needle, small jewellery. It causes a bit more bleeding at the time but when fully healed the jewellery is nicely cushioned by the healed skin, and doesn't chafe against the cartilage. Glad you were happier with attempt no.2.

Wreybies likes this.
  17. Wreybies

That would make good sense for a cartilage piercing. I had an industrial (I think it gets called a "bar" piercing over your side of things) in my right ear for a good while, but I just never got used to the soreness the next morning after having slept on it.

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  18. Hazel B-S

Hazel B-S Member

Yes, it's my party trick! I ask people if they want to see something gross then I spout water from my labret piercing ;)

Wreybies likes this.
  19. Hazel B-S

Hazel B-S Member

Haha! Was that painful? It's a cool piercing though (if it's the one I assume it is!)
    Well, when I was 14 I had it pierced at a dodgy/crooked shop that didn't ask for ID, and the piercer did a terrible job, so it rejected badly :(

20. Wreybies

Ha! :D I think every person needs to have something in life that answers to that description, their "party trick". Seriously, if you don't have a party trick, then your task is to find one! ;)

21. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I thought a party trick was what a hooker finds in the hotel bar during a convention.

22. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

We call those piercings Industrials, too. I know several people who have them and they all insist they are a bit uncomfortable to sleep on. I was never tempted for this very reason. When I say I have a Conch piercing... technically the point of piercing is between the conch and the anti-helix. I wear a BCR in it. When I go to sleep, I make sure the ball is rotated round to sit flat against the helix, or I wake up with the most irritating cramp in the back of ear. Hardly the best start to the day... it's not painful, per se, it just takes a while to go away.

Perhaps I wear a smaller gauge in mine than you do in yours, but the best I can manage is a rather pathetic dribble/trickle. Not impressive, not at all. ;) Same with the Marilyn. I can hook my navel piecing up to a crate of beer and carry it the length of a room. Does that count as a party piece?

@Wreybies.... talking of which.... nah, lets not go there shall we? I suspect even just asking might get too many eyes watering. ;)

23. Hazel B-S

Hazel B-S Member

Mine is kind of a trickle too, I just wanted to make it sound impressive ;) but I wear a larger gauge in most of my piercings, my nose ring is much thicker than what people usually wear. Oh wow, that's so cool and gross! That's a party piece, for sure. I think there should be some kind of convention where pierced people show off their piercing party tricks...

24. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

I think piercings are cool and I'd take some if I didn't do combat sports & self-defense training where I'd either have to remove them before every class (a rule in most schools) or risk having them ripped off in the action. Hence I went with the alternative: tattoos.

A good reminder why I won't get one was a story told to me by a friend who teaches bujinkan: he demonstrated a throw on a student and it included grasping the front of the guy's shirt. Suddenly the student started squealing and flailing like he was being skinned alive. Turned out my friend had grasped not only the front of his shirt, but his nipple ring as well...

OT: I love party tricks! We should have a thread for them: folding beer bottle caps with just your thumb and index finger, putting out matches with your mouth, the one inch punch, putting out cigarettes on your arm, picking up an open beer bottle off the floor with an ukemi without spilling a drop, downing a shot of Tabasco... good times :D

25. Yoshiko

Yoshiko Contributor Contributor

Two in each earlobe. I rarely bother to wear earrings in the second hole.