1. JetBlackGT

JetBlackGT Senior Member

My coffee maker died.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JetBlackGT, Jan 4, 2014.

There is no longer any reason to carry on.

Yes. Lack of coffee has driven me over the edge. I'll be like a cartoon man, dragging himself across the desert. The mirage of a Starbucks, always just out of reach. This morning, I'll crawl myself over the threshold of K-Mart, on my hands and knees as the old, greeter lady walks over, hears my piteous moaning, bends down and says,

"Coffee makers are right this way, hon."

I will groan at her, my unintelligible gratitude, as I clutch my aching, thought-free head and whine my way to the various coffee makers on display. Obviously I will not be capable of making anything like a sensible decision, in my un-caffeinated state. I will jostle on the floor, with the other poor wretches who awoke to no coffee.

I will need to rely on bold print and small-word statements that appear on the box, along the lines of: "THIS MAKES COFFEE FOR YOU!"

In this morning's coffee maker competition finals, any coffee maker that says words like that ^ on the box, wins!

Even the Russian judge will award it a 10/10 for sheer brilliance and grasp of the fundamentals of what this competition is all about. That coffee maker understands the true meaning of this advertising battle and transcends the petty "bitterness" between rivals.

Will I clean the new coffee maker before making this morning's pot of nectar? Perhaps. Or possibly I will be drinking my first cup, with bits of shredded cardboard and Styrofoam packing peanuts, still in.

When I say "Nothing tastes like that first cup of coffee." I will not necessarily be expounding on it's level of deliciousness.

Oh God, my head.

2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

funny...!

JetBlackGT likes this.
  3. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

My coffee maker is fine but I ran out of coffee this morning and I am in a pissed mood.

Cave Troll and JetBlackGT like this.
  4. JetBlackGT

JetBlackGT Senior Member

They were very understanding at K-Mart.

When I told the checker why it was taking so long to figure out the credit card machine (why are some of the key pads SO DIFFERENT?!?!) she put her hand over her mouth as the woman behind me said "Oh my God, that's terrible. No coffee?"

"All the lights [YAWN] came on but the hot plate never got hot. It's all just cold and dead." I said monosyllabically.

They practically helped me to my car. I was in a pitiful state but I rallied!

Now I'm back to "normal".

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

consider it a sign from above and switch to green tea!

JetBlackGT likes this.
  6. JetBlackGT

JetBlackGT Senior Member

Sometimes you say very worrying things. "Switch to green tea". Caffeine free? :-(

That's just crazy talk.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Considering this thread, and the middle line of your sig, maybe a vacation from caffeine might be worth a try, war nicht?

JetBlackGT likes this.
  8. JetBlackGT

JetBlackGT Senior Member

My ex-girlfriend switched my coffee to decaf once, in order to prove that I wouldn't even notice. I could barely stay awake, at work and had a splitting headache all day.

Suffice it to say, I noticed. :-(

9. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

The first two weeks from caffeine withdrawal are a queen bee.
    I usually do on vacation.
    Doesn't help my fiance works at Starbucks... and I have no self control when it comes to yummy beverages.

10. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

My parents drink a lot of coffee (too). Without it, they turn into slouchers. My mother however recently cut her daily consumption of the black gold in half, and she doesn't have to rely on it as much now. Whenever we went on vacation and made a walk, say in the mountains of France, they needed a pitstop to get themselves some coffee or the whole expidition would be come a dreadful march. She no longer has headaches if she skips a cup now.

The funny thing is that a coffee addiction is very easily countered. On average, the headaches take only a week before they are completely gone. That might sound like a long time, but compared to smoking, quiting coffee is a breeze.

JetBlackGT likes this.
  11. Simon Butler

Simon Butler New Member

I don't think I could write half as much without my coffee breaks...
    that's why there is always a backup plan... The old coffee machine ;) never throw it away until it dies

JetBlackGT likes this.