1. indy5live

indy5live Active Member

Pizza Time!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by indy5live, May 19, 2012.

Does using the Pizza Hut link to order a pizza contribute towards WritingForums.org? LOL

Edit: I keep hitting refresh but can't find the link anymore :(

2. killbill

killbill Member

If the link is pay per referral, then yes it'll help writingforums.org :)

3. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

Possibly, although pizza doesn't need any excuse. :cool:

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Not to undermine the Google ad stream that helps pay the bills, but jeez, Pizza Hut pizza? Is that the best you can find in your area? If so, you have my condolences.

5. indy5live

indy5live Active Member

No, I definitely take Dominoes over Pizza Hut, its just that Cheesy Bite Pizza looks so tantalizing.

6. C.B Harrington

C.B Harrington New Member

Oh man, drop the big 4 chains. I'm from Spring - I know there are good pizza joints in Houston. There is nothing better than finding a hole in the wall pizzeria that makes fantastic pizza!

Also, you should randomly click on an ad when on your favorite blogs/forums because in most cases PPC really helps to boost ad dollars.

7. indy5live

indy5live Active Member

What's the other 2 that I didn't name? Papa Johns and "?" I'm all about good pizza but googling pizza in houston and have 150 results in a 25 miles radius of me doesn't really help in discovering that needle in the haystack. In Cypress by the way.

8. C.B Harrington

C.B Harrington New Member

Dominos, Pizza Hut, Little Caesars and Papa Johns.

There is a place called Tony's near Jersey Village that's good.

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Papa John's is pretty good. Here in New England, we also have Papa Gino's (much older chain than Papa John's) that makes the best chain pizza. But they don't do anchovies, the blackhearts.

Fortunately, I make a mean pizza at home. and if I want anchovies, I put anchovies on. Or fresh basil, or paper thin imported prosciutto and white wine sauce with lemon, or whatever else I feel like topping it with.

10. bo_7md

bo_7md New Member

The Hut all the way.

11. Rawne

Rawne New Member

Here in "Old England" Papa John's is the best you're likely to find on a value basis, ie: taste minus cost. However, some very silly friends of mine have started frequenting a bunch of up-starts called Pizza Go-Go....

I don't know why I hang around with these people, I really don't.

As for eat-in, I tested The Hut's all you can eat happy hour a few weeks ago. Their pizza isn't as good as old John's but by Jingo there was a lot of it. Win.

12. WriterDude

WriterDude Contributor Contributor

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Haha, love this thread! Our local pizza chain around here is LaRosa's...if you ever come for a visit you've gotta stop by. Though, my fav pizzas are in Chicago, yummy! :)

Edit:
    Oh WOW, now I'm hungry...that sounds amazing!! (and I don't even like anchovies!)

14. Ashrynn

Ashrynn Active Member

Luckily my Pizza Hut is a 10-minute walk from my house.

I figure if I'm going to shove pizza down my fat-a$$ I should at least walk there to get it >.>...

15. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I lol'd at Pablo dropping the pizza... :p

But to answer the original question, most of our ads are pay per click, not pay per referral. However, getting a higher referral rate (by you actually ordering the pizza) gives us a higher cost per click in the future, I believe.

16. jacktheknife

jacktheknife New Member

Cogito my Friend,

This post was pre-written; I hope it isn't to long.
    I have been making Pizzas from scratch for 35 years and I learn constantly.
    Back in the early 70's I majored in music at U.T. Austin. I had $25 a week for food and gas. I would rather eat Mexican food at a restaurant four or five times a week than have home made food three times every day. But since I was at the University of Texas and was there to learn I learned how to cook! In Austin I ate Mexican food once a day and that was about it but since then I have become a great cook. Once I studied hard all day till I was starving then went to the Italian pizza place at 1:00 am but they were closed! I drove to the pizza inn but they were closed too! The grocery store had been closed for hours.
    There I was standing alone in the pizza inn parking lot with money in my pocket, a starving student in need of a pizza, but I was destined to starve all night. I resolved right then to learn how to cook pizza.
    What in life could be more important than cooking one's food? Here I was in a University learning about 'scales and chords' on the keyboard when food was more important and especially to me back then, I was starving. Remembering how my Dad would cook pizza back in the 50's with a box of chef Boy-ar-dee pizza mix. I went to the store the next day and bought a box of pizza mix. It was a strange new thing cooking food but as I like to eat good food it was the time in my life to learn how to cook. I was in a University to learn but they didn't teach how to cook. I made the pizza as according to directions and it was terrible. However now 35 years later, I am an amateur gourmet chef and pizza is my specialty. I have been making pizza from scratch for 35 years and they just get better and better. When one is a good cook cooking makes sense and is easy.

Homemade pizza dough
    High glutin flour is $14.00 a 50 Lb sack from Roma wholesale restaurant supply. It used to be $8.50 20 years ago. Glutin used to be in all flour. In fact my Dad made kites when he was a kid from newspaper and sticks with glue made from flour and water. But flour now has all the Gutin removed. Glutin makes the dough chewy and tough. For an average size pizza for one person, 10” in diameter, half a cup of water in a bowl. Just hydrate the yeast, let it sit on top of the water 10 minutes. Then corn oil or olive oil if you can afford it. A good bit of oil {I don't measure it} say two tablespoons. Salt, sugar, and stir in flour till the dough is still wet and sticky, and not dried out as it will rise an hour. Kneed the dough for 10 minutes by the timer, cover with towel and shake the dough till it rolls around in the bowl. Keep covered with two doubled over towels for thirty or forty minutes. When you are ready to eat, drunk enough and starving, turn on the oven to 485 degrees, pick up dough and let gravity pull the dough down as you turn it. Lay the dough down on your peel with a little flour on it and roll it out with a clean beer bottle, I prefer green glass. Take the pizza and fold it over and over again till it is 3/4 of a circle. Sprinkle corn meal on the peel, then open and build the pizza.
    First add crushed garlic and oil, then sauce, cheese, vegetables and spices. Transfer to the pizza stone with the peal and set the timer for 17 minutes. Take two big cloves of garlic, slice and crush with a fork and mix with oil, then spread on crust. Then sauce, I like tomato sauce in a can mixed with tomato paste, garlic, sauteed onion, and various peppers, sugar, vinegar, olive oil with a little cooked hamburger or pepperoni on top but not mixed with the sauce. Then add sharp cheddar cheese and Mozzerela, onion, bell pepper. Then spices, oregano, salt, red or chili Jalepeno pepper and cook for 17 minutes on the bottom oven rack, 'on the Pizza stone' while the chef drinks a couple of more brewski's.
    Let the pizza cool for a few minutes and slice it. Serve with Parmesian cheese, pepperocini's.
    Now50 years later I alive alone, I am a good cook and I don't get bitched at.

Thank you...

Jack the Knife
    { working on 7 knives for my New York buyer now}
    { I lost my hound Sandymay, my pinto Sugarmay too!
    {it's just me and Duke now, sniff}