1. RavenHeart

RavenHeart Member

Editor Discussion Finding a freelance editor

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by RavenHeart, Apr 27, 2016.

Does anyone know of or, better yet, has anyone used a great editor for short stories, flash fiction and/or novellas?

I have several short stories and pieces of flash fiction that I'd like to get line edits on, as well as general feedback before submitting them to magazines etc. Plus I'm working on a novella that I'd like to eventually self publish and I will need a similar service on. All the pieces are either fantasy or scifi so ideally I'd like to work with someone who knows those genres but that might be asking too much :meh:

I've read the best way to find a good editor is through a recommendation but it's hard to find anyone who has used a freelance editor at all much less one who is willing to take on short fiction.

Thanks

:confused::confused::confused:

2. AASmith

AASmith Senior Member

Im not sure what exactly a freelance editor is but this lady does editing. I haven;t worked with her but we follow each other on twitter and we've messaged a few times about the work she does.
    http://www.yourbookangel.com/

3. Guttersnipe

Guttersnipe Member

Check out kboards.com . It's a forum dedicated to self-publishing, and they allow adverts by book cover designers, editors, etc.

4. Mike Kobernus

Mike Kobernus Senior Member

I used a freelance editor on two novels. He is very good. I do not know if he would be willing to work on short stories, etc, but if you want, I can ask him. Just PM me, if you are interested.

5. RavenHeart

RavenHeart Member

Thanks, I will check them all out. I know there are freelance editors out there but so many of them only do novels rather than short fiction and I would really prefer to find someone who comes with a recommendation.