Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BareFootWanderer

BareFootWanderer New Member

Sexual Genre Division.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by BareFootWanderer, Aug 5, 2011.

I was looking through the genres for the short story forum, and realized that people of homosexual preference would want to read that specific type of romance.

So would it be a good idea to create a sub-category for gay romance stories?

2. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

It can just go into the romance section, can't it? Why does it need a separate section?

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

right!... romance is romance, is romance, as gertie stein would've said... there's no good reason to subdivide it, imo... to do so would mean you'd also have to add categories for 'elder romance' and 'teen romance' and 'gay/etc. mysteries, sci-fi, fantasy' and so on...

1 person likes this.
  4. Marranda

Marranda New Member

I agree with mammamaia, there shouldn't be a sub-category unless the Mods want to go through and add a sub for all the other genres.

If you want to post something geared towards a specific audience, just put it in the title... "[X title here], a homosexual romance" Or put the title like normal and have something in bold within ***'s stating the content to be for mature audiences, or to contain adult content. Which is what I do with my short story posts becuase mine contain adult language...
    Just a suggestion. Not saying you have to. But I'm fairly certain there won't be any sub categories added any time soon, so just be creative in your posts ;)

5. MRD

MRD New Member

This is what tags are for.

It seems a bit over the top to make a sub-category just for gay romance. Just put "homosexual" or "gay" in the tags and anyone looking for that specific brand of romance will no-doubt find it. Same with searching.

6. BareFootWanderer

I understand what you are all saying. But it is a bit tedious reading half way through every romance story you find just to find out if it is suited to your sexual preferences. I'm not sure how you don't get that...

I wasn't aware of the tags feature. I will look into that.

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

are you here just to read?... or to interact with writers?

besides, members are cautioned to not post more than brief excerpts, so how long could reading 'halfway' take you?...

8. BareFootWanderer

I don't get the point you are trying to make in regards to my suggestion.

Actually, it can take quite a while considering there are literally thousands of short stories on these forums...

I didn't think this would create such a fuss. If an admin would kindly lock this thread please, and discontinue any further unnecessary debating.

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This is a general problem with "Why not add a ... subdivision: suggestions. Adding one new category doesn't sound like much (ignoring what to do with all the threads already posted!), but when you see all the ones that have been requested, it would greatly include the size of the home page, and unnecessarily fragments the site.

10. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I don't really see the need to ad an entire subsection for homosexual romance. I think it fits into romance well enough, plus I don't believe there's enough short stories in that niche to warrant it's own section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.