8. Shrunken (tayleea91)

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gannon

Gannon Contributing Member Contributor

Please vote for theme of the next short story contest

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Archives' started by Gannon, Dec 13, 2010.

Please help decide the theme of upcoming short story contests by selecting the suggestion that most inspires you to enter. Please do not vote if you have no intention of entering the contests. The below suggestions have been taken from the suggestions thread. The most popular three or four themes will become upcoming contests.Thank you.

2. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributing Member Contributor

Most of the comp entries are flash fiction any way. I'd be interested to see what people do when they TRY to write short and compact.

3. Donal

Donal Contributing Member

Just wondering when is the deadline. I want to contribute to the short story competitions as I think it will get me writing regularly. Also is the flash fiction option just merely a very short story on whatever you want?

4. Gannon

The Flash Fiction Special contest will be limited to 100-500 words, whereas the usual contests are 500-3000 words. The definition of flash fiction seems pretty fluid when it comes to actual word count, but seen as though our usual contests bottom out at 500 and the intention is to write less than normal, I will set this special contest as I have done with other flash fiction instances. We will collectively decide the theme of the contest closer to the time.

Each contest runs for 2 weeks. The current contest closes the 20th December, and the new contest will commence the same date. It is likely that the theme of the next contest will be the second most popular theme voted for here. I say this because flash fiction special may well be the top choice and it will take me a little while to set up the voting process to determine the theme. The top 3 or 4 (or even 5) themes voted for here will become upcoming contests and, with the above exception, will likely run in order of popularity.

5. SashaMerideth

SashaMerideth Contributing Member

I'm not sure how this would fit, and maybe as a one-off...I'd like to see a shorter window, one week for entries. See how we do with half the time to write, and how it affects the submission quality.

6. Gannon

The submission window of two weeks is in place as I found that shorter windows provided markedly less entries. On most contests, the two week window allows for 5 or 6 entries, and we wouldn't really want less than that, so for this reason it's unlikely to change, except, perhaps, for the flash fiction special contest, which is usually popular. Thanks.

7. Tessie

Tessie Contributing Member Contributor

I have to agree that two weeks is adequate. Especially right now, my schedule is limited and I don't think I would be able to compete in a contest that only ran for a week. I really want to enter, though. The themes are challenging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.