1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Three Different Ways

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Leaka, Oct 25, 2008.

All right I have this genius idea. There will be three chapters of three different killers.
    The first one is going to be called My Ripper.
    Basically in the chapters of My Ripper, a man in his thirties has read and written papers on Jack the Ripper. He has become enamored by the idea of serving "justice" by killing all the woman who do "dirty" jobs.
    He begins his trip into becoming a serial killer.
    The second chapters will be called Momma Loves Freakshows.
    This one is about a young teenager, he is only about seventeen. Everyone seems to have "mishaps" when they come around him.
    He has been having these "accidents" since he was fifteen. His anger is uncontrollable and he almost has split personality when he becomes angry. He forgets who he is and where he is at when he becomes angry.
    The third chapters will be called Love From my Stalker.
    This chapter will be about an odd guy. He is only about twenty in college and has fallen in love with this girl who is way out of his league. He begins to fall down the spiral of becoming a stalker. He begins this obssesion for the girl.
    His biggest mistake is when she finds, she gets mad at him. He kills her, now he doesn't know where to go.

My idea is these three killers come together and begin a spree together.
    My question is:
    Why did these killers come together?
    What purpose do these killers have to work together?
    Why would they want to kill together?

I have the skeleton of this idea, but not the flesh.

2. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

People with common interests often make friendships ;)

For the first one, is his desire to "clean" by killing all the woman who are dirty.
    The second one just feeds on anger and he actually enjoys the killings, no matter who or what they are.
    The third one kills because he projects his former lover into all women, and thus killing for him is more of a continous revenge.

Because of their "shared" interest. All of them kill for a reason and together they would probably be more efficient or they just simply enjoy having company in order not to let their sanity go.

This is just an example, it's entirely up to you :).

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The stalker guy is just that.
    He has stalker mentality. He didn't actually kill her because he wanted to, this was one of those true cases that it was an accident.
    I could only see him killing men, with girls who look like his love.
    For him his woman is an angel, he wouldn't want to kill her. Her boyfriend to him would be someone trying to manipulate the girl.
    That is how he views it.

So, what purpose would he serve in the group?

And even though they have general interest they all kill different victims, wouldn't their personal views get in the way with each other?

How would they communicate to one another the stalker guy needs more direction and more command, the angry guy doesn't need command he is rebellious and gets angry quick, and the ripper guy does command?

4. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

A better question is "how" did they come together. Sure, they share an interest, but how do they each find that out about one another? I don't see the phrase "hey I kill chicks in my spare time" coming up in idle conversation.

Perhaps they meet each other at "work." Two or three of them may be going after the same girl and run into one another. But that raises the question of would they work together to kill her or turn on each other.

Tough call.

5. Emerald

Emerald New Member

Depends how you want to go about it. Anything can be linked together with enough imagination.

Maybe some shady corporation has been experimenting with some sort of hypno-therapy in order to turn normal people into killers, and those three guys have vague flashbacks to a time when they were all held in a laboratory together (and recognise each other), becoming a team of anti-heroes trying to unravel a greater evil behind the marring of their own innocence.

Or, if you want to stay grounded in reality, perhaps it begins for whatever reason, and the cathartic release of doing what we were physically made for (killing) leads to a sort of addiction which they all share. Just like how people get addicted to the endorphine release when they exercise or have sex. They see this in each other, just like one drug addict can spot another miles away.

Or maybe it's the media that groups them together. Three serial killers all operating at the same time, in the same area would attract a lot of media speculation that they're related incidents. The Ripper, The Freak, and The Stalker; a serial killer tag-time, used to keep news audiences engrossed. And so they band together as a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy...

6. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Perhaps they met at some party by coincidence. The first killer is there because he wants to kill this girl. This girl happens to be the girl that the third killer is in love with. And the second killer is there for the party. Perhaps he drinks too much and his anger gets out of control and he tries to take it out on the girl. So, they are all drawn together because of this one girl.

And after the stalker kills the girl, the first killer bribes him to work with him. I'm not sure how the second killer would be a part of this though since he only kills when he's angry. This is all I can think of right now. Hope some of this helps.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Thanks for helping everybody its really helpful.

I still don't how they will communicate with each other.
    Since the teenager is somewhat normal besides getting really angry, he has no crazy tendencies nor the will to be crazy.

I keep on saying this the stalker is not a killer, when he killed the girl he was obsessed with it was a true accident. She found he was stalking her, she was going to call the cops, he tried to take the phone, accidentally knocking her over, and her head got impaled, she died immediately.

The Ripper guy is probably maybe on of the true crazies. He really believes he is doing justice, cleaning the streets of the foul woman.

How do you get a guy with crazy obsessive behavior to communicate to a man who thinks he is god?
    How do you get a guy who is crazy with a justice complex to talk to a kid who gets angry quickly?
    How do you get a normal kid to communicate with crazy people?
    I mean they can't not talk through the whole story.
    Dialogue is very important in this story as well.
    Maybe I shouldn't have the three connect and team up. I thought it would be nice, but they are really really different.

Their personal views would get in the way. Wouldn't they?

8. Emerald

Emerald New Member

Whatever you think would work for your story.

But remember, the three don't necessarily have to communicate well, or even function properly as a team. Often it's when a few very different characters interact with each other that you get interesting scenes and situations just coming to you out of nowhere. Tension between characters is almost always intriguing to watch.

9. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

The psychology of serial killers is very easy to understand as almost all of them follow similar patterns of behavior. Do a little research.

In general Serial Killers and Mass Murders grew up in poor or troubling family environments, were starved for attention but did very little to get any, and almost always in the case of male's had trouble with their mothers. This isn't just a stereotype. Most of the worlds great serial killers fit this pattern. It's also common for them to be highly competitive individuals (though often solitary and incapable of long lasting relationships). They could come together as some form of a competition for the best killer and maybe have a falling out and try to kill each other :eek:.

Like a normal person for all of them. On their surface Serial Killers act and behave as most people do. They are "generic" in outward behavior towards those they deal with regularly and most people are completely unaware what this person is really like until it's revealed what they've been doing. They'll act like normal people on the outside (with a mix of smugness and arrogance depending).

10. Emerald

Emerald New Member

Also, at some point in their lives, 90% of the serial killers interviewed in a study had suffered some form of serious head trauma. Something I found very interesting...

11. chrisbassist

chrisbassist New Member

I have an idea to link your serial killer (the ripper) with the teenager.

swap the sex of the teenager,

she could then be a possible victim of the ripper,

and thinking about it, maybe she could be best friends of the stalkers victim? that would connect them all.

maybe she witnessed her friend getting murdered, and is going to the police, motivating the stalker to stop her?

12. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Well that was my idea for the teenager. His brain got all messed up.

@Chrisbass: I don't write about females. :)

13. Sir Cameron

Sir Cameron New Member

Make it a team-up of necessity. Mr. Ripper seems the most out there and maybe would be the "leader"- or at the very least the one who throws the three of them together. Maybe he is seeking a new group of women to kill, a different form of 'dirtiness" that needs to be cleansed, and the only way he can get in their is through the teenager. Throw the stalker in as a wild card, maybe he views Mr. Ripper as one of those men, going after a girl in said group that reminds him of his love. Or something

Or maybe they're all after the same girl- who manipulates each of them to do her bidding.

In any case, I like your plot

14. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

My idea is these three killers come together and begin a spree together.
    Unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely. Serial killers have, by defenition, narsistic personalities, which makes three of them comming together unlikely.

Unless...
    The two young adults don't have a narsistic personality. Murderers with split personality syndrom aren't unheard of (although the existence of actual split personalities is contested). The stalker could live in a psychosis, in which he didn't actually kill the woman/girl, but helped her to a higher plane of existence (can't remember the name of the serial killer who did that).

My question is:

The two young adults, who committed rage murders, are looking for guidance, and seperatly find the Ripper-man. Long live the internet I guess.

The young adults need guidance, the ripper need a greater carnage? Perhaps he wants to pass on his knowledge. Perhaps he feels some kind of connection two these two men he never felt with anyone else before. This really depends on the personality of the dominant man in the group.

Again, it depends on whom is the dominant personality in the group. They want to sharpen their skills, rid the world of a certain type of people, perhaps achieve some greater goal. Maybe they just want to get caught, and go down in a shower of bullets.