1. crillanau

crillanau New Member

Plot ideas/help

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by crillanau, Jan 2, 2011.

help! - my plot idea :)

g'day all,
    i've been thinking about writting this idea i have had for a while now, just need some ideas for where the plot can go.

So the story is themed around trying to distinguish between what is good and what is evil, and to challenge the popular belief if these two themes.

-Charlie is a 17 year old boy who has been in and out of mental institutions for most of his life. All those around him think that he is schitsofranic. Since he was a young boy he has never had a strong sense about who he was/his identity.
    - When charlie dreams he enters into the world/life of another boy. It is still him, but he is living another life in another time/place. So by day he is charlie by night he is another.
    -So throughout the story, charlie is trying to distinguish who is real, him or his dream.

any idea's/ suggestion would be epic! cheers :)

2. Jonalexher

Jonalexher New Member

Schizophrenic*

I've been working on a very similar story myself, the whole "dream world" thing.

"just need some ideas for where the plot can go."
    what do you mean by this? the plot doesn't really "go" anywhere, the plot is the "conflict," or the "main events" of your story. Basically, the plot is the story.

Do you want to make it a novel? or a short story? or maybe something else?

3. C. B. Carter

C. B. Carter New Member

Hi crillanau,

As Jonal stated there must be conflict to propel the story. Might I suggest (since there are two worlds here): The dream world being the inner conflict of good and evil and the real word being ‘put upon’ conflict of good and evil. As an example, Charles sees good and evil as black and white in his dream world but in his daily life he’s confused by the gray of light… or vice versa.