1. arron89

arron89 Banned

WF Serial?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by arron89, Jun 14, 2009.

Hey cats!
    Not 100% sure this should go here, it's not a game as such, but I was thinking, maybe it would be kinda fun if we, collectively, as a funky fresh forum, wrote like a serial story kinda thing? Like, yknow, a chapter each in an over-arching story?

Nothing particularly serious, just some light-hearted fun story telling and some writing practice outside what you'd usually do...we could pick a story title/theme, assign chapters, say like 10-12 per story, then one after the other write a sorta serial kinda thing.

I think it would be fun. And lots of potential to win over new fans :O

So yeah, if you're interested, hit me up! And if this is already going on....I guess i should look harder....

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We have many variants of this, from adding three words, to adding a paragraph or so, to adding a complete short story in a particular framework. Post some guidelines for the story and each person's contributions, then start the ball rolling.

3. arron89

arron89 Banned

What I was thinking when I had this particular idea was of the old pulp novels, those kinda classic adventure/action stories...I was thinking that as a forum we could create a character (the quintessential hero figure) to begin with, and an adventure, and then one by one add a chapter to his adventure, turning it into an ongoing story....sort of our own take on an Indiana Jones type adventure....that genre of stories allows for all sorts of awesome creativity, so anyone could get involved....and yeah....so I dunno, for now, just reply with whether or not you'd be interested in participating, and start sharing ideas for our hero and his first adventure? If people are interested we can assign chapters or whatever later?

But yeah, reply! It will be lots of fun, and an opportunity to write something you otherwise wouldn't...

4. zorell

zorell New Member

I'm interested, but can we have a bit of something about the mc? Who is it really? Something we can run with?

5. arron89

arron89 Banned

I don't wanna define him/her too rigidly, it is a collaboration after all...so for now, just your average Oxford-educated anthropologist/archaeologist, embarking with one of his/her professors on a research expedition for his/her doctoral thesis?

Something like that anyway....