Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Pointless

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Eoz Eanj, Jul 31, 2007.

I’m currently dissatisfied in the somewhat recent choice of moderator.

I'm dwelling on it..

*dwells*

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

why sunshinee, what's up like?

3. Eoz Eanj

In my opinion, I believe the recently elected moderator is not mature enough for the responsibility.

4. Heather Louise

are you on about Night Hauter, or someone else? because i think Night Haunter has been doing an excellent job. :)

5. Eoz Eanj

If you were me and knew what I did then your perspective on N.H would probably change.

6. Heather Louise

yea, but it's a little immature posting it here like this don't you think, with a secret reason as to why you think it. if you have a problem with N.H. then i suggest you have a word with another Mod or something, rather than complaining and doing nothing about it. personally i think N.H. has been doing a wonderful job. :)

7. Eoz Eanj

I have no problem with N.H. and I'm merely expressing my opinion which i've been deterred from for quite awhile in fear of the reaction.

8. Heather Louise

well, if you are going to express it why not do so properlly and tell us why exactly you are not ahppy with the situation?

9. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

Id have to agree with Eoz here. From personal experience with Night.Haunter i find him immature and i also find this promotion to moderator extremely questionable. His maturity is questionable and there could have been many other more suitable candidates.

And Heather this thread is about community interaction, so Eoz is more than welcome to vent any opinions she has.

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well I personally must say that after my personal experience with Night Haunter he is a great moderator.
    He has helped me out drastically lately and I think that he really is a great moderator. Maybe there are other members that may have been better for the position, I don't know. But that is the decision of Lpspider as administrator and I think that it was a good decision.

Haunter is very helpful and understanding and does a wonderful job.

11. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I feel I also have to throw my support behind Night Haunter. He has risen splendidly to the recent challenges of late, and he has secured my faith in him with his actions yesterday, and just generally. If you have a problem with him, you should take it up with him personally, not in public.

12. Eoz Eanj

Pft.

I give up.

13. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

Publicly and privately N.H acts very differently.
    Of course he is going to try to appear like a somewhat decent human being in public. If anybody could translate what he PMd me id appreciate it.

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Yes but I do not know what the two have been saying to each other. Only those two do. This issue should be disgussed with Lpspider.

Haunter is a very good moderator in my opinion.
    We do not know who began the posts, or if he was even a moderator when those pms were sent. JetBlack may have been just as impolite to him as he may have been to JetBlack. But from my personal experience he is a very friendly and helpful and respectful member and an excellent moderator.

15. Banzai

Once again, this is a private matter, and should be resolved privately. Go to Daniel, if you feel that strongly about it.

16. Eoz Eanj

I'm confident Lpspider will dismiss my concern as Night Haunter is so very liked in the forum, chances are personal bias will surpass his indiscretions.

Personally I believe as a moderator, with the power and status you have, you do not respond to difficult members in the manner in which they have responded to you- as suggested by Torana. It's like a kid punching a teacher and then the teacher punching back.

Why haven't I given up yet?

17. Banzai

I don't know. Were those PMs sent while he was a moderator?

Why am I allowing myself to be dragged into this?

18. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

The difference is where the 'power' lies, and I use it as a loose term. Do you really want a Moderator that can badmouth you in private?

And as i have been saying, because it appears neither of you are observant enough, I don't want N.H revoked or anything like that, Kudos to him if he wants to dedicate his time to this forum, but a far better choice could have been made.

19. Banzai

Such as whom? I'm curious as to your thought process.

20. Eoz Eanj

The latter were sent whilst he was not a mod, except for LMAO which is connected with Jetblack's comment in 'site annoucements' when NH was annouced as a moderator.

Even though, yes, the latter was sent before his soon coming election as moderator, it isn't really the point. The point is, as Jetblack put it, a better decision could have been made, but that's obviously my opinion and directly related to my personal ideologies of how a moderator should behave.

21. Eoz Eanj

Banzai, you would have been a wise choice, so would have Cogito or Frost.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. I've vented my opinions and at least I feel slightly better now.

G-night peeps.

22. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

Somebody that doesn't have such a characteristic flaw as to curse people in different languages? Seriously, if you cannot see what I am getting at i will ask Lp to create a kindergarten section to the forum.

I have a list of far better choices who do not pick fights through PMs or curse you in private.

Cogito
    Eoz Enaj
    Torana
    Dropbear_Oz

All these people seem to have a decency and are much more friendly and approachable.

Think of it as customer service. Do you want rude customer service?

23. Banzai

Well, if you have a problem with it, I suggest that both of you PM LPspider about it, with a calm, polite explanation of your grievances.

Outbursts such as this will not help you. A kind and polite word will get you anywhere in this world, I find.

And Eoz, I am flattered that you think so highly of me. I myself don't have any experience of Haunter in that manner, but Daniel is the person who you should be addressing your worries to.

24. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

@Jetblack

You are in no position to Judge me. I admit I have had moments were I have bitten the bait. But then so have we all.

Secondly Jetblack I sent you a PM saying we will start with a clean slate. I will not abuse my powers here.

I also sent a PM to crazy Ivan of the same about a clean state. He has excepted my white flag graciously. Yet you refuse to you want to provoke me well you won't but you will receive a warning. if you continue to cause trouble.

You have caused trouble Now I’m mod I can see Hulls raven has dealt with you. and to be fair if you can get that kind of infraction from our leader then you must have really Bleeped on his doorstep.

You continue to cause trouble you offend people all the time you are immature and need to stop posting insults to others.

if you are going to slate me on a one sided basis why not share the PMs you have sent me and the insults you have done to me.
    If you speak ill of me without telling both sides of the story I will issue you with an infraction and too many will lead to been banned. I will deal with you fairly but i will not tolerate your continued aggression towards me. Or any member.

25. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

While we are on the topic, i find this an alright idea. Maybe i'll request a sub forum bit for school kids where they can get opinions of works (anything from poetry to essays) and get help with them.

Genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.