1. Hetroclite

Hetroclite New Member

Points for Posting?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Hetroclite, Jan 6, 2009.

So we can only post a work of writing if we make two critiques on others' works. Is there a way I can see a record of how many critiques I made & thus how many writings I can post?

2. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

Yup. Go to your profile and click statistics.

There will be two links.

Find all posts by Hetroclite.

Find all threads started by Hetroclite.

Slog through all your posts and do the math.

Or you could go the more logical route and make sure you do at least two constructive reviews prior to posting your story.

A much more rewarding way to go about it would be to do many well thought out constructive reviews above the requirement.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

What garmar said. But I must point out that you're really looking at it the wrong way. The Review Room is a writing and critiquing workshop. The requirements are put in place so that members who use the workshop actively partticipate. The reviewing requirement is an absolute minimum, but if you really want people to work with you, you should showing that you are serious about taking part, not just "paying a ticket" so you can post your work.

Whether or not I or another moderator locks your thread is only part of what you face. The other members who are putting their best efforts into improving the complementary skills of writing and reviewing won't be inclined top waste their time critiquing writing for someone who is only their to get feedback.

It quickly becomes obvious to workshop participants when someone isn't really taking part. The most serious workshoppers will post very few pieces, but will work closely with those who critique their work. They will try out some suggested changes, or if the critic perceived the intent wrong, they will try to clarify the writing to avoid the miscomprehension.

So don't focus on counting reviews. Believe me, it's a bloody pain. Focus on participating enthusiastically.

4. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Besides, I've seen other sites that have points. It creates a very competative environment. I don't think anyone here wants that.

5. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I review just to review whether I have anything new to post or not. When I have something new to post, I review a little extra. I can't expect people to review my work if I am not doing any reviews myself.

6. Zcreative

Zcreative New Member

Yeah, points would make this SEEM more fun, but in the end, its writing, and it's never a competition. Sorry.

Z ;)

7. Jack

Jack New Member

The point system would be an "ok" idea... but my goal (and for perhaps most people) is to improve on our own written stories/work. I agree with Rei with the fact that it will create a "competitive environment" and I personally think this isn't nessccesary, basically if this had happened... you would be rushing your written work (which will include awful gramar,punctuation, storyline doesn't flow or make total sense) just to catch up with everybody else. What I am saying is that writing stories requires patience, time and practice. But on the plus side, I think the "point system" is a good thing to have because it encourages you to write more stories and it can keep track on the number of stories you've written. There are many pros and cons to these types of questions.

8. Hetroclite

Hetroclite New Member

Thanks, all. Got the point.