Polyphasic sleep

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Aristocrazy, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

I may try it sooner or later. I'm nocturnal and do almost everything late at night, especially writing, so I'm used to only getting a little bit of sleep. I actually function better with less than average sleep than if I get 8-10.

2. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I enjoy sleep to much to only have such small spurts throughout the day.

What I did with the start of the new year, however, was set myself to a specific sleep schedule. Better for the brain and body --it keeps your brain functioning with more ease and your body uses its metabolism more efficiently, and you know when you're sleepy! I've noticed an increase in happiness, appearance, and grades. :)

I go to bed between 10PM-11PM and wake up between 4AM-6AM depending on what I'm doing and my stamina.

If I have something to do that I didnt get done the previous night, too bad; I'll just wake up at 4AM and finish it then. I wake up at four on most days and lay there, listening to music for a little while. Around 5AM I'll get up and work out or finish a project or something, 6AM shower and 'primping,' 7AM is the start of my day. No one is awake that early in the morning (most people in my house dont wake up until 10-11AM! The entire day is wasted at that point!), so I feel very calm and at ease, and dont you just love that feeling of waking up slowly? Yeah, well, I get to experience it every day! :)

I suppose polyphasic sleep could work, but it's definitely not for me. x__x