1. AuraTodd

AuraTodd New Member

Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please.

Discussion in 'Research' started by AuraTodd, May 7, 2010.

Hi I am wondering where to put this post to ask for advice. Can you please put it in the right section for me if it's wrong? Thanks. :)

I'm working on a fantasy story Can anyone help me please, as I am struggling with dialogue at the moment?

Robert Jones is a captain sent to work for the resistance in S.O.E in Marseilles, France. He is the commanding officer of the group and one of them is called Samantha who is a courier. The group have many adventures and then escape on a plane they hope is heading back to the UK, but crash land on an island where they are taken prisoner by women called the Kang, and Robert and Sam are kept prisoner together. Robert is force fed a drug in the hope he will attack Sam to kill her, but instead ends up making out (if you get what I mean) and she ends up being rescused by another Amazonian group where she realises she is carrying his child. The Kangs tell him she has been killed while trying to escape, to cover up the fact they messed up and she got away.

What I would like to know is how would he react to the news that she was still alive and pregnant?

I know it would probably be a scandal, seeing as it was WW2. I hope you didn't mind me asking this question (appologies for any offence). My story is going to be a cross between Xena, Lord of the Rings and Battle of Britain thrown in. I am basing my male character on George Chakiris facial appearence (if you don't know who he was he was in the 1964 movie 663 squadrone) My female character is based on female actress Judi Trott.

Any advice (within reason) would be most appreciated. Many thanks

2. sufcboy

sufcboy New Member

mmmmmm

Interesting concept...

His initial reaction would be one of absolute joy, but I assume he would try to hide this from his captors. Their knowing of her significance to him could put her and the child in even more danger.

As for dialog it's a bit tricky without knowing more about the characters

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

His reaction? Complicated, especially if he has a sweetheart or wife back home. Even if he is unattached, how he reacts to the pregnancy is far from certain.

In essence, he has been raped. He may have no affection toward either her or the child. Or he may be delighted that he will be a father, despite it all.

There is no way anyone can tell you how he will react. That is up to you. The range of how he could react is nearly unlimited.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto that!

no one but you can decide how he'll react and no one but you can write the dialog... if you want to be a professional writer, you'll have to learn how to make these decisions and come up with your own words...