Post Apocalyptic novel

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by grayshot77, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Martin Lesnoy

Martin Lesnoy New Member

Bring on the nuclear holocaust!

Before we get too off-topic: has anyone considered the role of religion in a post-apocalyptic society?

--Martin Lesnoy

2. grayshot77

grayshot77 New Member

ok, now that the flame war is over, to answer questions. 1. this holocaust is very much fictional. so the wasteland i have envisioned is more like the more desert part of new mexico with ruins scattered across. 2. there is a religous hidden society major to the stories plot called the horsemen, hence the book's name, the fourth horsemen.

3. Martin Lesnoy

Martin Lesnoy New Member

Woo! I am not the only person speculating on the subject. My novel, Anathema, takes place almost 2000 after years after a nuclear holocaust, and there has arisen a draconian theocractic order called the 'Church of Salvation'. Here's an excerpt from an official scripture:

"Any crime, great or small, and towards any person or entity, is heresy, for it is deemed as breaking the Law of Holy Master, Esrae'al. Any commiter of such acts of abbhorence will be banished from His protection, and therefore, be subject to the full and unmitigated wrath of the Defiler."

So, tell me more about the horsemen.

--Martin Lesnoy

4. grayshot77

grayshot77 New Member

the horsemen are a society of religious followers, they believe that the holocaust of 2012 was a sign of the beginning of a new era of salvation. they have three leaders, each representing a horsemen of the apocalypse. so far, there are three. the fourth has yet to be found. the other major faction in the novel is an anarchical group called the fallen. but i keep there role hidden. for now.

5. A-Frame

A-Frame New Member

I've recently started reading a lot of Post Apocalyptic fiction and have been kicking around a plot for one for several months. Anyway, just wanted to suggest checking out a book called Oryx and Crake. I'm about 1/3 of the way into it, but there is an interesting sort of religious thread in there. It's a pretty good book so far.