1. phurst

phurst Senior Member

Post Formats

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by phurst, Nov 2, 2007.

I just posted a story and yesterday I tried to do a little copy past editing for someone else. Why doesn't the posting accept word formats, most importantly, spacing, indents, color, ect?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Because the forum uses software designed for forum use, not for publishing. There's no budget for a custom software development project to change that.

It does require a little bit of effort to adjust the posts for optimum readability, but everyone is on the same playing field.

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributing Member Contributor

yea, you just have to work it a little once you ahve posted it. little bit of a pain from time to time, but then again, you get used to tpying ready to post it. like now i do not indent my work but start a new line, which works better on a forum.
    Heather

4. secularzarathustra

secularzarathustra Member

Unless you use a text editor rather than a word processor, with emacs this is not problem :)

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You still are limited in terms of things like indenting - multiple spaces are converted to a single space.

The real point is that the layout features you take for granted if you are using a word processor instead of a text editor are lost when you paste the text into the forum. If you are only using a text editor to begin with, you aren't as aware of losing features, because you never had them in your submission anyway :).