Post something about your character. The rest of us will ask you questions about them

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by GrottyStatute74, Nov 14, 2016.

1. mg357

mg357 Active Member

He likes her because she is a kind compassionate woman. they like each other because they have the same values and they have a lot in common.

She likes him because he is good to hear and unlike most of the men she has dated he is not trying to get into her pants all the time she is quite beautiful and all the men in town want to have sex with her.

when it comes to sex he wants to wait until they are married or until she says " I am ready to have sex with you." which ever comes first and he respects her for that decision and he is not pushy at all.

they do go on small dates out to eat and to the movies some times they just sit outside at their special meeting place which is an old oak tree outside of town. and talk quietly of course they must be discreet because of her father.

And they love to be outside and they enjoy lots of outdoor activities in fact name an outdoor activity and they enjoy it.

2. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

What are their flaws, and in what way is he disabled.

3. mg357

mg357 Active Member

He was born disabled and the only flaw he has is he is afraid of being killed by her father. The father has a bad temper and he feels that no man is good enough for his daughter.

Her only flaw is that when her mother died she made her daughter promise to take care of her father and because she is a very noble person she can't seem to break that promise.

4. Caveriver

Caveriver Active Member

Are these flaws? Being afraid of being killed by someone seems logical to me. And the girl's nobility is a flaw? What other quirks/imperfections might they have?

Cave Troll and halisme like this.
  5. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

What is the father like outside of matters concerning her love life? Is he abusive? Do they have a good relationship?

How many people know about their relationship? Who are these people? What kind of future do they hope for? How did they meet one another?

Also in what way was he born disabled? Can he not walk, see, hear, etc? What is it that makes him disabled?

6. Caveriver

Caveriver Active Member

Male character- early 20s. Works with female MC (details of job intentionally not disclosed- it's a physical, dangerous job, but one they excel at in different ways).
    These two have a history: went to small-town high school together... they weren't great friends, but they knew each other and hung out with some of the same people. By coincidence, he ends up saving her life in the summer just after their high school graduation. Now, years later, they have a real friendship, BUT he wants more. Not only does he respect her strength (of survival), but he is also very attracted to her, and after he saved her life, he feels a real connection- and protectiveness- for her.
    She returns his interest, but she distrusts his playboy-type past (high school, ya know), his charisma, and what those things might mean about his true intentions for her. On top of that, we find out she has deep-seated feelings of debt toward him and what he did for her. Thus begins his struggle to prove himself/ convince her she owes him nothing/ win her attention away from other suitors. (A little note on genre... this isn't what I consider to be a romance, although this particular post does deal with the romantic subplot.)

7. mg357

mg357 Active Member

Are these flaws? Being afraid of being killed by someone seems logical to me. And the girl's nobility is a flaw? What other quirks/imperfections might they have? He is a workaholic he is very dedicated to his job. Sometimes he is to dedicated to it.

She is considered of a workaholic herself because she takes care of all of the household work and her father who is older early to late 70s but despite his advanced age he has a mean streak.

What is the father like outside of matters concerning her love life? Is he abusive? Do they have a good relationship?

Overall the father is a good man he is not abusive they do have a good relationship over all but when it comes to her love life its a very delicate subject.

so they avoid talking about it as much as possible because the father is jealous.

How many people know about their relationship? The only person knows about their relationship is the minister at their church he introduced them.

Who are these people? The church's minister he introduced the young couple. And he is very discreet if people ask about the young couple's relationship he say's nothing not a word.

What kind of future do they hope for? they hope to eventually marry and start a life together far away from her father.

How did they meet one another? They met at church on a beautiful Sunday morning

Also in what way was he born disabled? Can he not walk, see, hear, etc? He was born paralyzed from the waist down and can't walk so he uses a wheelchair to get around.

But despite his disability he is able to work and socialize with our people. And in general people like him very much except for his beloved's father.

GrottyStatute74 likes this.
  8. Caveriver

Caveriver Active Member

No takers?

9. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Well, the first is what are their jobs?

Is there anyone in her past that she attached to?

Does anyone from his past show up and make the issue worse?

10. Caveriver

Caveriver Active Member

Not specifically, since she had very little family left, and she is, thanks to the male character, the only one living. I suppose I SHOULD think more about who her friends were at a younger age, and why they wouldn't be present now.

Hadn't thought about this in regards to him, only her, since she is the MC. However, I see how this approach would work to flesh out his character.

This really does work! Thank you!

11. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

Does she sometimes feel like there's a reality that coexists with ours, but that we're so caught up with trivial concerns we actually fail to see the cosmic dread that lurks behind the veil of human consciousness?

12. agorman00

agorman00 Member

My character is aware he is repeating the same exact day over and over again (like, literally. as in he's stuck in some sort of time-loop. not figuratively), but is completely unbothered by it.

13. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Bio-engineered female with two pair of legs and hyper-intelligence. Also has tetra-helic DNA (both Silicon and Carbon), and is curious despite being about a 1000 years old (though is the equivalent of a 20 year old).

14. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    What (dis) advantages does tetra-helic DNA confer? Equivalent of a 20 year old physically, emotionally, mentally? And please don't let it be like Kim Stanley Robinson and his damn 113 year old women who act like catty junior high school girls.....

Wait, two pair of legs? This?

[​IMG]

Cave Troll likes this.
  15. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Well in appearance and to a degree mentality at 20(she is quite reserved and quiet). Her DNA is advantageous to her in the since that she
    does not get ill, and can also breakdown damn near anything organic. As for the 2 pair of legs, they are much more symmetrical and are divided
    equally as they separate at the hip. At first glance she could be mistaken for being a 5ft 7 human woman with bright white hair, abnormally large azure eyes,
    and pale blue skin. The carbon nano-tube weave endo-skeleton helps in support of the smaller 4 legs that she walks upon.

16. Shattered Shields

Shattered Shields Gratsa!

Eros lives in a state of complete psychological delusion, and chases a goal that doesn't matter.

17. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Wow, I thought mine was thin on initial detail. Okay, let's see:
    How is this different from my life?
    Um, no.
    Okay. Is Eros aware that (s)he is in a state of psychological disorder? How did this state come about? How does this state affect his/her day to day affairs? By what definition do you mean that the goal doesn't matter? I mean, I'm trying to crossbreed Hello Kitty with Hannibal Lecter to drive a monster truck for me, which is pretty much the definition of a goal that doesn't matter, since it's a radio control toy, but I'll be happier if I succeed (and overjoyed if I can do it cheaply), so it matters to me, even if everyone else just looks uncomfortable when I talk about it. Come to think of it, my first question is looking more legitimate now.

Is Eros male or female? Does it matter? Why?

edited for spelling

18. Jay Lafountain

Jay Lafountain New Member

Remnant, Shadowclan, or 1776 New York City
    Triple post, sorry

19. Jay Lafountain

Jay Lafountain New Member

Remnant, Shadowclan, or 1776 New York City
    Double post, sorry

20. Trevor Richardson

Trevor Richardson Member

-

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  21. Trevor Richardson

Trevor Richardson Member

-

22. Peper Shaker

Peper Shaker Member

No my MC, but a character I'm struggling with nonetheless.

He lost both his parents in a car crash, and has to take care of his teenage brother. They have a brotherly relationship, built on trust. He's a bit cold on the surface, not with his brother though, but it's very hard for him to have real relationships that aren't just meaningless sex. He has an infactuation for my MC, not knowing anything about her, just by observing her grimaces from afar. They just now started developing something, and they're both oblivious to the fact that she's developing schizophrenia.

Alright, help me out guys.

23. Trevor Richardson

Trevor Richardson Member

-

24. Peper Shaker

Peper Shaker Member

He had to deal with his parents death all by himself, while taking care of his little brother. I can give him another reason, though, that's a nice thought. He sees most women as being all the same, so it's difficult for him to get attached to the shallow, and my MC contradicts that idea.
    The car crash was five years ago, still fresh in his memory, he's still taking care of their belongings and assets.

But yeah, he needs more depth, I'll add another reason for his coldness. Thanks @Trevor Richardson

25. Trevor Richardson

Trevor Richardson Member

-

Peper Shaker likes this.