1. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Will this help?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by chad.sims2, Sep 9, 2008.

Ok I've just found out that something I had writen is going to be used and published (With my permision) in a book featureing many other works by defferent people on the same subject. The question being will this help me become published when I finish my actual book? I'm sure it won't hurt but being published already should help my cause right?

(I'm think i've got something to sign, and i'm getting a free copy of the book, not as nice as being paid but i'm happy my name is going to be in a book on my own work.)

2. Keith Whitener

Keith Whitener New Member

It can't hurt! The more credits you have, the better. It makes you look more professional and makes you feel more confident, which will improve your writing.

3. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

So do publishers want someone who's already been published? How would they know? Do I send in a resume with my manuscript? LOL I know nothing.

4. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I would say being published anywhere helps, no matter how big or how small. It increases your credentials as a writer, but your novel has to be good of course. And congrats on getting published!

5. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Thanks and it's really small. LOL just a letter. Like 100 words I think. :) Can't wait to see my name with it though.

6. Mikee

Mikee New Member

I had a poem published in eight grade once. I'm sure the publishers will go crazy for me now. XD

Congratz. I wish I knew more about the subject also. I'm praying for a friendly publisher one day to find me, but as my novel draws nearer to a climax, I've decided that I'll be finding them. Good luck with your future accomplishments. Hope they all go smooth.

And again, congratulations. What's the name of the book?

7. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Letters from the dead. Zombie based theme. It's a bunch of letters from people during the zombie outbreak that get found by explorers who come out of hideing hundreds of years after the out break. I wrote one of the letters. :) So not vary long, maybe just over a page or so. Still I get to see my name in a book. :)