1. Bearycool

Bearycool New Member

I don't get the rep. system

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Bearycool, Oct 23, 2010.

I'm usually use to the thank system so this is new to thing. I believe the green blocks is the rep system. (correct me if I'm wrong.) Pardon my newbiness but how does the rep system work here?

2. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Everytime you agree with someone, or just want to give them kudos for a post written by them, you click the little scales icon beneath their avatar. This will give them positive rep, and you'll have the opportunity to leave a comment and your name. If you don't type in your name, it will appear as anonymous in their rep chart, which you can find under 'User CP'.

You can only give +rep now. You used to be able to give negative, but alot of people, including myself, used to use it to be abusive about posts we took a dislike to. It's not nice to recieve nasty comments without even the pleasure of seeing who it was that said them, and it's not fair to have the option of negative rep if you aren't supposed to use it. Anyway, it was taken off because of that.

You can try-out giving +rep to me, if you like. ;)

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

It's pretty much a useless thing if you ask me. You DON'T give negative rep, cause that's pretty much a no-no, the positive rep, you give to people who posted something nice, something you liked.

Example:

Person A: Here is my work, check it out and gimme a review, I'm particularly concerned about my plot. I think it's a bit weak but can't think how to strengthen it.
    *insert work here*

Person B: Well, your plot is not very strong. How about you *insert valuable insight here* and that will make your plot alot stronger and far more interesting.

Person A: I didn't think of that. Thanks heaps! *person A then goes and gives person B positive rep as an extra thank you for the great review*

So one example how the reputation thing is used. Hope this helps. (It's good if you leave your name, so people know who left the rep so they can thank you, etc.)

4. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    You actually don't have the option to give negative rep at all now, If you didn't know. It's much better that way; stops all the animosity and kinda makes you think twice before saying something harsh to another member.