1. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Unreviewed Writing Box and Short Stories

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Agreen, Mar 5, 2011.

I think the unreviewed writing box- the little box on the right side of the screen which shows threads in various parts of the review room like the poetry and novel boards that have yet to receive a reply- is one of the most useful tools on the site.

To the best of my knowledge, this doesn't track short story threads. Which unfortunately means that sometimes threads can be overlooked completely. If possible, I think including short stories in the Unreviewed Writing section will help these stories get some attention and make the review room that much more efficient.

2. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Wish it wouldn't get clogged up by the voting threads either.

Just saying.

;)

3. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

I wonder why the "Short story contests" and the "Poetry contests" are always in the unreviewed writing box, since it isn't in the review room?

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Because of another suggestion that the folks running the contests put announcements in the Review Room to increase the visibility of the contests.

As for the original question, if the short story forums aren't getting properly represented in the Unreviewed Writing query, that should indeed be fixed. It looks like the Crime and Thriller subforum may not be represented, but I have seen no evidence of a problem with the other Short Story subforums.

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

After reviewing this, I've updated the filter. All threads posted in a Writing Workshop forum should be displayed.

As for the voting threads, I think the visibility for them is good but threads from 2-3 months ago should be moved to another forum so they don't stay in the "unreviewed writing" section indefinitely.