1. nburwell

nburwell New Member

Prepare yourselves...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nburwell, Apr 2, 2008.

The time has come; I have arrived. My name is Natalie Burwell and this is just a first glimpse of what will be an eternity (that's right) of fame and stardom. I don't mean to brag (and I really hate to have to), but I know beyond any doubt that I am going to be recognized internationally as a brilliant author.

How was that, was that catchy enough? My name is, indeed, Natalie Burwell and I do have the utmost of confidence in my writing and my characters. I love my characters more than anything in the world and together we are writing the most memorable stories the world will ever see. It's been taking a little time, but we are now writing short stories to submit to literary journals such as Fantasy and Science Fiction, Yale Review, One Story and American Literary Review before we go on to writing our proposal letter to get an agent to publish our first book, The Rislenta Memoirs, Breathless (sci-fi/fantasy). I have such confidence in them and our stories that we are only submitting the one story that we are writing for each of these magazines once, with the knowledge (you could call it a premonition) that they will be published. My characters (not me, oh no, never me) are that brilliant. For it is my characters that are behind me and support me no matter what happens and I am actually still alive because of them. (Wait for my autobiography for an explanation on that one.)

I am here because, though my characters are all I will ever need, I desire some guidance while we are stepping toward the publishing era of our writing. The road can get a bit slippery and a hand or two to walk us along wouldn't be too horrible.

I hope that I will make some friends here and that you don't think of me as snobby or arrogant. I am only telling you what I know, in my heart, is going to happen because my characters and I love each other so much.

I look forward to my time here and hope to learn a lot.

Kind regards,
    Natalie

2. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

:) That was quiet catchy. Nice to have you around. I'm 'new' as well, though I think I got the basics down. If you want, send me a shot if I can help out with your writing. I'll take a look at it as soon as possible.

3. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hi there, a big welcome to the site. If you need any help or if you have any questions then send me a PM or post :) Nice intro ;)

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Natalie, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

What happens if I can't prepare myself? The time is already here, as you said, but I'm not prepared... :\

6. Bick

Bick New Member

Glad to have you here! I'm sure you'll love it, the people here are fantastic.

7. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Im not prepared either. Sigh. Now I have to go running around to find a "welcome."

*shifts through beer bottle covering floor*

*approaches toy chest and begins searching*

Ah here we are! Welcome!

8. nburwell

nburwell New Member

Thank you to all of you for the wonderful welcomes. Very creative, Connolly and Lord of Hats. If I were in a creative mood as well, I would probably say; too bad, make yourselves prepared, for I am here! haha.

:) Natalie

9. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

thats the most creative welcome ever. you get the super special limited edition Babe Ruth baseball cap, not for wearing but for display on your mantelpiece:):):)

welcome natalie as you can see we have some great people here:)