1. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Prescheduled wishes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Charisma, Nov 22, 2007.

Wishing you a quite early Eid-ul-Azha. Now you must be wondering what in the world that is. It is another festival which involves slaughter of a goat, sheep, cow, camel, whatever animal you can get which is halal (permitted by Islam). It's roots are derived from the Abrahamic event of being ready to sacrifice his own son for Allah's sake. In the spirit of sacrifice, we buy a animal and then slaughter it on the event of Eid-ul-Azha, and the meat is distributed among the poor, our relatives and some is used by ourselves. It is, of course, only obligatory on those who can afford is without coming on the streets.

It's actually coming on 21st December, but /in case/ I'm not on, I don't want to miss wishing you people! ;)

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

And the same to you :)

(Are people considered halal?)

3. RockyMtn.Wheelz

RockyMtn.Wheelz New Member

That sounds like a good ritual, if I may call it so. We, here in the States generally focus so much on taking for ourselves, it is nice to see another culture's view to the opposite.