1. ~BORNtoWRITE~

~BORNtoWRITE~ Member

Pride and Prejudice

Discussion in 'Book Discussion' started by ~BORNtoWRITE~, Apr 11, 2011.

From the moment I started reading I was totally captivated by Austen's witty satire. I admire the many dynamic characters in the book and thought the romance was wonderfully constructed. I think it's rather hard to have anything bad to say about the book, but I'm curious as to the thoughts of others when it comes to the popular classic. :)

2. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributing Member Contributor

It is one of my favourite books - odd really because I don't like any other Austen books. I love the comedy of Mr and Mrs Bennet they are a little like a forerunner for Hyacinth and Richard Bucket in Keeping Up Appearances.

I have always loved the slightly rebellious bodice ripping heroine. Darcy is kind of cool and sexy. Have you read the Emma Tennant Sequels - not as good but they capture something of the characters.

Always found Georgiana Darcy a bit of a tragic character she is the one I cried over most.

3. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributing Member Contributor

double post.

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

It was alright. I really enjoyed reading it when I first did - but over time I've began to distance myself from the book.

5. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributing Member Contributor

I haven't actually read it, or rather, I think I tried to but it just didn't engage me at the start so I gave up (if I remember rightly). I am going to try and read it again because I feel a bit guilty having only watched the TV/film adaptations.

I'll come back to this thread when I've read it...