1. Megs

Megs New Member

Need help on something research related

Discussion in 'Research' started by Megs, Sep 28, 2007.

I think I mentioned before that I write fanfiction as well as original fiction well on one of my fanfics (It's a Greys Anatomy one) I need to some medical condition but I can't really find anything. Any suggestions??

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Any particular type of medical condition?

3. Megs

Megs New Member

No I was just looking on some websites and couldn't really find anything so anything would be VERY helpful :)

4. Banzai

Try Wikipedia or go down to your local library, open a medical dictionary/encyclopaedia and literally open a random page. There are thousands of medical conditions.

5. Weaselword

Weaselword Banned

Nymphomania.

What? It's a medical condition!

6. Banzai

*Raises eyebrow*

Actually, it would be interesting to see what you coud come up with on that... Perhaps it should be suggested as a short story contest theme? :p

7. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

yup that would be a good theme.

My suggestion would be uhmmmm having a albino come in with lost eye sight.(because a lot of albino people can loose their eye sight from lack of pigment or something along those lines. Not sure if they can get it back but it would be interesting to hear about. You could also add a suprise- that they don't realize that the albino is wearing colored contact lenses or something because an intern is to retarded to realize it

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

There are conditions like Pulminary Hypertension that are rather hard to diagnose and pick up. Cnditions with the heart and lungs are good too look into as some coditions, illnesses, diseases are very hard to diagnose.
    I know many people who have diseases and so forth in the heart and lungs that have been misdiagnosed for several months even years. It is worth looking into.

9. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Blindness or deafness, both can hit a person without warning, lots of things cause it, and sometimes its a mental condition. Sorry I don't have any links, but they should be fairly easy to find online.

10. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

my uncle died of severe lung cancer this year but it caused a brain tumor....which I think is the reason why he died so fast. I thought it was interesting(after the sadness of course)

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

For Grey's Anatomy, you should probably be looking for an unusual or bizarre medical condition, which is what they often bring into storylines. I saw some interesting possibilities like Alice In Wonderland Syndrome and Wandering Spleen (on CNN.com) when I googled the phrase "bizarre medical conditions".