1. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Strange, Strange Deaths.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SonnehLee, Aug 8, 2009.

We all have stories. :) Emily wants to hear them!

2. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

On the show 1000 ways to die, an electrician hooked up wires to a transformer to kill fish in the pond he was at. He happened to be in an aluminum boat.

3. Chumbutter

Chumbutter New Member

During the finale of a musical this guy was wearing a suit of lights, and this was hooked up through a power line running through the house. A lady tripped over one of the cords on her way back to her seat, and somehow messed up the power to the point where it shocked him to death. All of the other actors kept going and finished the show.

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

A guy in Germany a few years back sent out an ad for a cannibal, because in his will he wished to be killed and eaten. Somebody actually answered the ad, and yes, he was eaten.

5. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

There was some guy who lived out in the desert by himself, and daily patrolled his property. One day, he set his rifle down to take a pee, and while he was a snake wrapped around the trigger of his rifle. He picked it up, scaring the snake, causing it to tense up and boom! He took a shot straight to the heart and died instantly. What a way to go. :p

6. Gigi_GNR

There was a recent story of a guy who fell into a boiling chocolate vat and died.

7. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Ouch, but that could be delicious. Haha
    Reminds me of The Jungle by Upton Sinclair, where there was a story of a guy who fell into a vat of lard and the meat packing company sold the lard with the melted body of the guy still in it.

8. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

I remember that.
    Such a depressing read. :(

When I was little, a man from my small town was lighting fireworks out of the back of his van for the 4th of July. One of them flew around, came back inside the van, and went off, setting off the large stockpile that was still in the van. He didn't actually die though, he jumped out in time.

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Ooooh. Death by chocolate. But what a shameful destruction of hundreds of pounds of chocolate.

10. Gigi_GNR

:eek: ?!?!?!?!?!?! Did they know it was in there, or was it on purpose?

11. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Answer: Chances are they didnt know it was in there. The meatpacking industry had the gall to claim that Sinclair was a muckraker. Biggest insult I could ever imagine for the work he did. However, even if the comapny did know about the dead body, it would lose money on the already packaged "meat," and likely wouldnt have done anything about it anyway.

Anyway, another strange death --or not?

A native from my own state faked his own death --he parachuted out of his private plane into rural Alabama, which crashed in Florida. When he told a citizen that his canoe capsized on a river and had been stranded, the guy didnt believe him and took him to the police station.

I always thought Agatha Christie's faked death was interesting. She tried to frame her husband for her 'death' when she found out about his mistress. The problem was that she was famous. People recognized her walking around in broad daylight after she had been proclaimed missing and likely dead.

12. Henry The Purple

Henry The Purple Active Member

Strange or not, I don't see what's so funny about death. It's disappointing to see members joking about it.

13. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Death is the one thing that can't be stopped, cheated or survived. It will happen to every single living thing on the face of the planet, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

So why take it so seriously? :D

14. Henry The Purple

Henry The Purple Active Member

True, which is why everyone has the right to laugh at their own death, or at least the concept of it....but it's rude to laugh at the death of another, imo. Imagine the turmoil their loved ones are feeling? There is no cause for jest in the funeral parlour.

15. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Actually, I see your point there. But noone is denying that what happened is a tragedy, just that the circumstances in which it happened were, well, strange.

Speaking of, has anyone ever read the Darwin Awards? :D

16. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

I believe Elvis and Howard Hughes are alive and living the high life in Havana together!

17. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The strangest "deaths" are merely urban legend anyway. Although occasionally some bozo will manage a particularly absurd fatal accident. I can only hope thay haven't harmed anyone else in the process, or reproduced -- natural selection only works if they haven't yet reproduced.

18. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Um... I lived in Florida for many years, where death by 'gator only makes the news when nothing else is happening because... it happens. A lot.

If you're not from Florida, it may seem a strange and gruesome way to cash your check. :redface:

19. Twisted Inversely

Twisted Inversely New Member

My imagination. But I drop by the real world for m
    Two words

Darwin awards

One of my favorites

Aircraft: PIPER PA-34-200T, Registration: N47506
    Injuries: 2 Fatal.

The private pilot and a pilot rated passenger were going to practice simulated instrument flight. Witnesses observed the airplane's right wing fail in a dive and crash. Examination of the wreckage and bodies revealed that both occupants were partially clothed and the front right seat was in the full aft reclining position. Examination of the individuals' clothing revealed no evidence of ripping or distress to the zippers and belts.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

The pilot in command's improper in-flight decision to divert her attention to other activities not related to the conduct of the flight. Contributing to the accident was the exceeding of the design limits of the airplane leading to a wing failure.

Can you guess what just happened?

20. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

I saw the Darwin Awards movie... didn't know it was a book too!

There was one last year in the news about a teenage guy who lost his hat while riding on a roller coaster. After the ride was over, he hopped the fences (you know the ones with warning signs posted all over them for people not to jump them because of the danger), well he ended up getting decapitated by the ride while trying to retrieve his hat.

Edit: I know there is some irony in there somewhere.