1. Morwen Edhelwen

Morwen Edhelwen New Member

How much would I have to change on this?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Morwen Edhelwen, Jun 13, 2012.

So I have a story inspired by this operetta that I have mixed feelings about. (The operetta, not the story. It's Romberg/Hammerstein's The Desert Song) and the hero and heroine of the story have well similar names to the originals (the hero is known as The Red Shadow, but
    and the heroine is Margot Bonvalet.

Noticed that the above quote is probably what makes it sound like a fanfic. Anyway, one of the plot points is someone in the hero's group being his decoy and he disguises himself as a cameleer. How would it be plausible that no-one notices where the cameleer goes? Since it's fantasy, he could use magic, but what would be a good way to deflect people's suspicions when he leaves on secret missions?

Anyone know of a plausible way to not arouse suspicion?

2. Afion

Afion New Member

If they're in the desert(him being a cameleer), he could use magic to start a dust storm whenever he needs to leave on his misssion. It would lower the visibility and distract the group so he could get away, and when he returns he could say he got lost in the dust storm. Of course, if this happens a lot they may get suspicious...

3. AmyHolt

AmyHolt New Member

I really like Afion idea of a dust storm but another thought is to have him leave in the middle of the night.

4. kyelena2

kyelena2 New Member

I am impressed with Afion's idea also.

5. Morwen Edhelwen

Morwen Edhelwen New Member

Thanks guys!