1. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Promote The Site!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Max Vantage, Nov 26, 2006.

I'm sure we can all kick the shit out of all the other forums out there on the net. It's been said that when you do a google search this forum is the first to show so that's good. But there's always room for more promotion. If you have a personal blog that lets you manage its template via HTML coding (such as blogger.com) then post a link to this site on your blog preferably any where near the top of the page. Most people, when viewing other's blogs, tend to look all over the place at the top of the page at first but when they start reading the main content they won't notice much on the sides, so place the link somewhere near the top of your page.

Try a noticeable colour for the link text as well. My page is mostly in black and gold so I've made a link that's in red which, against the background, it's pretty eye catching.

Use the superior-to-all tried and tested method as well: word of mouth. Tell writing friends, family, real time group members etc. Basically, use your insanity. :cool:

2. Vivienne Crow

Vivienne Crow New Member

is this alright

http://neclique.livejournal.com/

ive placed a banner for the site underneath mine and placed the link in my link section... cause i couldnt figure out how to link my image lol sorry,....tell me if its fine?

xXLadyFrostXx

3. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

That's awesome. All I have is a piddly link. You have an image! lol

I'll look into livejournal.

4. RedMatrix

RedMatrix New Member

Yes, this forum is promotion-worthy.

5. Robert

Robert Banned

I use several other forums and run one of my own. They're all different. No single forum works well enough for me to want to be there all of the time to the exclusion of all others. Talk of kicking the shit out of all the other forums out there on the net sounds naive. All you need to focus on is making this the kind of forum you want it to be, promote it, and let it sit among the other forums making its own contribution. So, what kind of forum do you want it to be?

6. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

That's because most forums are only interested in pigeonholing itself into one avenue of interest. Some, like this, have variety. I can't really see the point in a wasted effort of having so many. Why not just spend your free time putting your energy into one and encouraging others all over the place to do the same thing as opposed to going all over the place where there are so many that offer very little?

I motion towards ambitious...

One that's got competitive interest and is ambitious instead of just "sitting out there among other forums" collecting dust. Y'know that word 'competitive', something us Brits never could get a grasp of as we're too obsessed with breaking even and fawning over the underdog wasting our time? :rolleyes:

I personally enjoy putting into a forum instead of trolling around seeing what I can take from it. You even said it yourself, "Make it what you want it to be" which is what I'm doing and rallying up support.

What would you rather:

A site notorius for such a large and diverse membership?

Or thousands of obscure ones that nobody knows about?

So, as you say, let's make this site what it could be.

Naive, ambitious, overconfident, blind optimism blah blah blah.

7. Robert

Robert Banned

I hate to break it to you, but all of the forums I'm on have as much variety as this one.

If you're going to have variety, make it worthwhile. The most active forum here is the one for word games. Is that what you want this to be? A word game site?

Up to you, you're free to make it whatever you like.

Cheers,
    Rob

8. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Thank you. :D

9. Vivienne Crow

Vivienne Crow New Member

I have the same...im a member of about five forums, all different all unique and i have my own forum that ive only just established...still need to get members lol. but i have so many because each one gives me something the other one doesnt....and i love multitasking lol.

you deffinitely should. its great. and i only have a pic because i copied the one from the top and fiddled with it in photoshop, i think images grab peopls attention more then just a link. so i thought if im going to advertise for yas i better do it right.

i know this may sound like doing it the easy way...but i've been looking into Self Publishing one of my books. I've had several Publication Kits sent to me from different Self Publishing Companies and i have a rep calling from the newest one in a few days to talk about my MS. I dont care if im coping out because im self publishing...at least im publishing thats all i have to say lol

xXLadyFrostXx