Prop 8 struck down in California

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by erik martin, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

True, people do that. But you can't really claim the States are exempt from the 1st Amendment (or the rest of the Bill of Rights) anymore. They were when the country was founded, but most of the Bill of Rights have been incorporated (even the 2nd Amendment finally).

In any event, it will be interesting to see where this goes and how the final ruling comes down.

2. Capt Bob

Capt Bob New Member

Everyone at the Public Demonstration wants to carry the biggest placard touting Morals, Ethics and tolerance.

Upon re-entry into the "Real World", Lies, bias and bigotry trump the game. The idea that adoption of someone Else's widely accepted and exalted rules and regulations will confer on us a commitment not already "naturally" in place smacks of "wishful thinking". If handcuffs are needed, you probably, deep down, really don't want to enter this car for this ride.

No matter how much you desire this latest "fashion statement" if you can't take a comfortable snooze in it without adjustment, or after a short period feel sleight "alterations" are in order--well-??.

Guess it wasn't as good a fit as you thought. And dotting i's and crossing T's, or letting out a little around the waist, don't make it so.

If it's just for the economic advantages the "Label" entitles-?, well that's not saying a whole lot either. Something like getting paid to marry an Illegal Mexican, so she can later get divorced and remarry Jose.

A paper certificate can be torn as easily as real feelings, but hurts even less after-wards!.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, I think this one has pretty much run it's course.

We've heard from all sides, both pro, con, and undecided.

We've heard from str8 and gay alike (myself belonging to the latter)

I am very proud of the fact that this thread has remained levelheaded and without flaming, and for that I give kudos to all and thanks.

Given that this was a very good run for a topic that had every potential of becoming heated, I would like to close the discussion on a good note.

Bravo, forum. ;)

CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.