1. LegendsTheFour

LegendsTheFour Member

Aris...

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by LegendsTheFour, Sep 29, 2013.

Hi! Sooo, I've always liked dreaming myself away in a fantasy world that was only my own and recently I started writing! I'm not the best writer and always looking for feedback. Now I have this character called Aris (for now). It's a SHE and I'd like to know if she's interesting...

Aris is a warrior who get along well with the humans on Earth and the elves on Orlas (elven world). She carries two short elven blades and has a long light brown hair. People observe her as a human, but no one can really tell if she's a human OR an elf. She's full of secrets and it seems like she's been around on Earth and Orlas for way too long. At the moment she operates on Earth, but her minds is always longing back to the elves. The elves believes in the legend of the She Wolf. The legend has slowly turned into a myth among them, but Aris always seems to back it up, claiming it to be a reality.

That's all for now. Love all kind of feedback, but not hate and stuff, that's NOT welcome :p
    Thanks! :D

2. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

The problem here is that we don't know a whole lot of her backstory. Explain EVERYTHING to us. You should tell us who she is really and go into everything.

Who is she really?
    How old is she?
    What does she look like?
    What are her hobbies?
    Complete Biography:

3. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

It's not a person's backstory that determines whether their interesting, it's their character, and how that character comes across. What is she actually like? We can't gauge that through a list of hobbies and physical attributes, we need to see her in action; post a few excerpts for review in the Writing Workshop for better feedback.

minstrel, Trish and Thornesque like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I agree with Gallowglass. I have no idea if she's interesting or not. Certainly she has the potential to be, but so does any other character I can think of...

5. Uberwatch

Uberwatch Active Member

I don't know if this is a good idea. In the meantime, he could be posting his entire story in little bits on this forum. I've seen his other posts about his Orlas story.

@LegendsTheFour , your story sounds so interesting and I'm glad someone like you is devoted to their own fantasy world you imagined. I am the same way with my ScFi universe I've been building for 2 years. Just be careful and try not to post too much of your story details.

6. TessaT

TessaT Senior Member

So, I don't know if this is just me... but the Legend of the She Wolf immediately takes me to David Guetta's song She Wolf. Not sure if that has any influence over anything. I'm curious about your world and the character sounds like she could be interesting but I do agree that without reading how she comes across in writing, it's difficult to say for sure. If YOU think she's interesting, then write about her.

7. randomme1

randomme1 Member

As mentioned above, the workshop is an awesome place for feedback. Her backstory might be interesting, but that doesn't make her an interesting character. How she acts, how she handles situations, what her personality is like.

Personality is a major factor. Whether she's a psychopath or a do-gooder, you gotta get that personality down! And it can't just be listed out in some template, you have to actually write her out. And THAT will tell you if she's interesting.