1. yellowducky

yellowducky Banned

publishing my story?

Discussion in 'Publishing' started by yellowducky, Oct 4, 2016.

what do i do to get my story published?will someone email me.:confused: And do I type my story online

2. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributing Member Contributor

That's a complicated question. I'd advise you to read the existing posts here in the Publishing forum, see where that gets you, then focus in on what you particularly need to know.

And be sure to introduce yourself on the New Members' forum. :agreed:

3. big soft moose

big soft moose Active Member

If you are reffering to the short story you just dumped on the short story contest announcements thread it needs a lot of work to be publishable , and no you don't generally post it on line if you want to publish it later

Can I ask how old are you ? I know your profile says 23, but i'm picturing someone a lot younger from these questions. (no offence)

the new members guide is here http://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/

4. yellowducky

yellowducky Banned

LOL :D

5. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle Active Member

Short stories generally get published in magazines and anthologies. These can be found mostly online now a day`s. Generally posting a story online kills publication chances for the same reasons most places don`t take work that`s already been published. The short story contests on here are generally just for fun, you just put those in the contest entry thread in the contest board. Doesn`t really count as being published but they seem fun, and along with our workshop it can a good way to polish your skills up to publication level.

6. yellowducky

yellowducky Banned

That makes alot of sense