1. TwinPanther13

TwinPanther13 New Member

Are e-zines useful for writers and which ones are good(get a lot of hits)

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by TwinPanther13, Sep 20, 2008.

Hey I was looking for some good e-zines. I googled up some info, but i am trying to see if there is anyone here who knows of some that might no be poping up.

I was also wondering what others here thought about putting stories out there. Are they some respected e-zines that are selective and considered a good judge of peoples talent

Just looking for a little help in this. I appreciate any help that I could be given and I think this is a good way to get a discussion started

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

There are plenty of ezines out there. Some are only ezines, some have print editions as well. Some are free, others you have to pay to get access. It depends on what you are looking for and what you like to read.

Here are a couple:

Mysterical-E

MindFlights

Aberrant Dreams

With respected ezines, you have to submit and there is often very stiff competition. Some ezines don't pay, (such as Mysterical E) all the way up to pro rates (6-25 cents per word such as Jim Baen's Universe).

You can check out the market page on my website: Markets

Or click on the market search sites and you'll get over a dozen links to websites to search for both print and online magazines. I'd recommend Ralans and Duotrope the most.

Hope this answered your questions.

Terry