1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

It's Time For Me to Start Writing Again

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Lewdog, Jan 11, 2014.

Other than the poem I wrote for the contest here, I haven't written anything new in quite some time. I really think it is time to get back on that proverbial horse again.I would like to enter a short story contest here, but I am overwhelmed by the length of some of the other entries and because of that I don't feel like I have a chance to win, so therefore I don't enter. The poetry contest for some reason lacks participants, which I find odd with all the members on this forum. So the lack of competition is a turnoff. There were only four entries in the last contest.

I could start writing one of my many other ideas, but I'm not up to writing a novel yet. Baby steps and sticking a toe in the water is what I need right now. So I guess the question is, does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone know of any short story contest with publishers that have a lower word limit? I'm being sincere here, because if I'm not going to be writing stuff, then there is no need for me to be on this forum. I'm not providing anything worth while than a few funny post out of ever 100 or so. :)

2. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

Didn't you approach me once asking about how to write a script? Perhaps you can try your hand at that.

3. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Yes, I did but people have told me I need a lot of work on my dialogue. I'm not sure how that would work out until I get better at that. It's definitely an option though. I need to redownload Celtex.

4. NigeTheHat

NigeTheHat Contributor Contributor

Maybe try some flash fiction? Stick it on your Facebook feed, if you have one. It worked for me.

Lewdog likes this.
  5. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

Perhaps post some dialog for critique. Saying it needs a lot of work is kind of vague.

Lewdog likes this.