1. caimomile

caimomile New Member

A question about this site

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by caimomile, Aug 11, 2010.

I don't get the RPG section. What is it? Is it a place to discuss video games in the RPG genre? But I read some threads in it and it says "making an RPG." How does it work? Do you send an idea and a good, charity programmer would make it a video game if the concept rocks? Not that I'm into game making, it's just that I'm quite curious.

2. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Nope it has nothing to do with the video game genre. Its a game between writers i guess. I don't really know I was never into.

You could always just check out some of the RPG games going on and seeing what its all about. :)

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It is a form of interactive, improvisational fiction. Each player creates and develops a character in a predetermined environment, and each character has to rise to developments introduced by the game master and the other players.

RPGs (Role Playing Games) are an interactive form of gaming. RPGs can be played without any technology whatsoever. The first RPGs were played around a table, and many still are. Here, the focus is on the writing of each round of play.